Woman says she was filmed while showering in gym, 'I no longer feel safe in Singapore

The_King

'I no longer feel safe in Singapore': Woman says she was filmed while showering in gym

cold shower in the gym became a traumatising experience for one woman when she was allegedly filmed by a Peeping Tom.

Drealya Tan, 26, said that she did not dare to leave her home for two days after the incident last Friday (Sept 29) at Strength Masters Gym in Tai Seng - out of fear that her intimate photos and videos would be shared online.

"I often get unknowingly photographed and filmed in public," the fitness instructor said in an interview with AsiaOne on Oct 3. "But this is the first time someone videoed me showering naked."

Tan, who was at Strength Masters Gym for the first time that day, said that she began working out at around 6pm.

When the gym became more crowded an hour later, she decided to hit the showers and call it a day.

But after undressing to embrace the cold water, Tan noticed an iPhone being held underneath the shower stall with its camera lens pointing towards her.

I screamed for help, but no one came to my aid," she recalled, adding that there was no staff member on duty at that time.

"I felt helpless and violated. I cried while trying to call the gym staff multiple times, but no one answered. In a state of shock and trembling, I decided to call the police."

Gym owner 'made me feel like I'm at fault'
Eventually, Tan managed to contact the gym owner. But she said that the latter "aggressively" questioned her on why she lodged a police report first instead of approaching him.

"He also told me to tell the police to leave, and I would 'see the gym owner and iron this out'," said Tan, adding that the gym wanted to settle the issue with her privately as "things will get very ugly".

user posted imagehttps://www.asiaone.com/singapore/i-no-longer-feel-safe-singapore-woman-says-she-was-filmed-while-showering-gym

• Like 2
  • Wahaha 2

3 minutes ago, noobmaster said:

Cb look like the kgk kind of “gf”

Which idiot peeped at her?

that was what limpeh was wondering as well

and besides, if she saw the iphone, limpeh thot first thing she will do is grab the iphone b4 confronting the 'culprit'.

and secondly, no gym manager will offend the customer this way unless he/she wants to gym to close.

so limpeh really has doubts on her story.

• Wahaha 5

41 minutes ago, socrates469bc said:

that was what limpeh was wondering as well

and besides, if she saw the iphone, limpeh thot first thing she will do is grab the iphone b4 confronting the 'culprit'.

and secondly, no gym manager will offend the customer this way unless he/she wants to gym to close.

so limpeh really has doubts on her story.

The instinct is mess up

Human evolution is failing

• Wahaha 1