Chiwit Thai

Yamato

I have never experienced this type of extreme temperature before (at most -2 degC). Went to a festival at around 8.30pm temperature was -12degC and now is -16degC. 

tVNsVXv.jpg

Room is also very cold I think like 18degC still pretty cold for me. Better go crawl under my futon.

L9AwKEp.jpg

Had a great Japanese dinner last night

Here's a video of the first and second courses, exquisite.

The starter
x3y0QeM.jpg

CneImds.jpg

nmSOpZ0.jpg

Sashimi
fGURPJj.jpg

Handmade tofu
OHA92xv.jpg

Vegetable tempura
fD0PglG.jpg

Mushroom, tofu, abalone, bamboo shoot
PqhGiRu.jpg

Matsutake mushroom the highest grade mushroom
SWkHKcU.jpg

Buri
IJijAgS.jpg

E1eciM9.jpg

Mushroom, tofu, abalone, bamboo shoot
PqhGiRu.jpg

Turnip soup and fish roe
2yeI9lD.jpg

Fish rice
euuUlaz.jpg

NnTJVAe.jpg

Fresh strawberries 
IuZTF1N.jpg

Edited by Yamato
  • Like 2

I caught a very bad flu on Monday so I did not dine with my Thai boss last night instead I ordered room service. Today I am also feeling very sick but needed to eat something so Japanese chef made special egg porridge for me.

So only simple dinner for me, tofu and porridge

Sesame tofu handmade by chef

B8wBpUx.jpg

Handmade tofu from the best soya beans in Japan, Toyama

yC0uxzG.jpg

Egg porridge

nuLv4ap.jpg

Comfort food

AKTzTwd.jpg

Simple dinner

Chef and staff

IMG_20190130_225916.thumb.jpg.7f74749ceb12559a10468f25d960406a.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Yamato said:

It is time. Time to go home, for reunion once again. Happy to make this drive

Breakfast in Suvarnabhumi Airport SQ lounge, chwee kueh

u5OU7Lv.jpg

How different is the chwee kueh to the local ones in sg? 

Edited by GoldMoon

1d3a3974fda77441c5430d149a84e8f3.jpg.8d0e8a7d762519ef23112acd1eb0a52b.jpg

Since I was back yesterday I decided to bring some of the family members out for a nice Chinese New Year dinner before tonight's reunion dinner

Yusheng
T0eN7Uc.jpg

Mixing the yusheng by the staff and each mixed poured in she will say a blessing
PCvZ97v.png

Come the main dishes staring with drunken prawns
QPgWWLl.jpg

Steamed abalones
z7CNIka.jpg

Pepper crabs
mGmbRy0.jpg

2ngu59J.jpg

Chilli crab sauce and buns
P6dtHfu.jpg

Roasted chicken
arDxPKY.jpg

Steamed fish
A0Cbtn7.jpg

Spinach with eggs
rtNXRPW.jpg

Longevity buns
GGJwv04.jpg

Screenshot_20190204_163145.jpg

• Like 1

Now this is getting rather interesting by the minute - https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/thai-princess-named-as-prime-minister-candidate-for-thaksin-link-party

Thai princess named as prime minister candidate for Thaksin-linked party as junta chief Prayut joins race

F9IFuXM.jpg

BANGKOK - The elder sister of Thailand's king has been nominated to be prime minister for a party linked to former premier Thaksin Shinawatra while junta chief Prayut Chan-o-cha also announced his bid for the job, in a surprise development for the country's much-anticipated election on March 24.

Princess Ubolratana Rajakanya, 67, was the sole prime minister candidate nominated by the Thai Raksa Chart Party on Friday (Feb 8) morning as registration of candidates drew to a close.

Under Thailand's new electoral system, parties eyeing the premiership are required to name their candidates in advance.

Thai Raksa Chart Party is created by many former members of Pheu Thai Party, which won the last election in 2011 but was thrown out of power by a military coup in 2014. It is allied with Pheu Thai Party for the upcoming election.

The eldest child of former king Bhumibol Adulyadej, Princess Ubolratana relinquished her royal title at the age of 21 when she married a fellow student at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. After the couple divorced in 1998, she moved back to Thailand, where she continues to be treated as a royal.

Her activities are chronicled alongside those of her three siblings - including current King Maha Vajiralongkorn - in the regular television news bulletin about the royal family.

Edited by Yamato