Any humidity and temperature expert?

The_King

In short: 
High humidity levels mean swear more easily
Low humidity levels mean swear less easily

me thinking of getting a dehumidifier and hope that the humidity can be at around 30% to 40%, so i dun feel hot anymore. if can which mean i can dont need aircon

reason for that is DRY AIR FEELS COOLER TO THE HUMAN BODY

anyone have any exp?

please share

U will feel hot but not perspire that easily in a dry weather

But I'm not sure that works with a dehumidifier unless in enclosed room

Also our body is made for local climate, try going overseas dry weather stay one mth ur whole body will shed skin

• Like 3

beastgohan-gohanbeast.gif

6 hours ago, aaur4man said:

U will feel hot but not perspire that easily in a dry weather

But I'm not sure that works with a dehumidifier unless in enclosed room

Also our body is made for local climate, try going overseas dry weather stay one mth ur whole body will shed skin

i bui bui le, my body not made for  local climate. when i at office and i do manual work, i still can perspire le.

dehumidifier i read online syaing it help by not making you perspire easily as you feel the fake cooling

Edited by The_King

6 hours ago, Camper said:

Just switch on aircon on dry mode. I have been sleeping in dry mode for a few years. Cuts down on electricity bills too.

the dehumidifier is cheaper then aircon. .. and since my new home will be use alu sheet to cover the windows to keep house cooler and with a dehumidifier + fan. i wonder will be enough not to feel hot and as in  be cool enough (not aircon cool, just you dont feel hot and stuffy) 

here the alu sheet with windows:

Edited by The_King

1 hour ago, The_King said:

the dehumidifier is cheaper then aircon. .. and since my new home will be use alu sheet to cover the windows to keep house cooler and with a dehumidifier + fan. i wonder will be enough not to feel hot and as in  be cool enough (not aircon cool, just you dont feel hot and stuffy) 

here the alu sheet with windows:

I dont think it is enough because our walls can get really hot too. Unless you are also gonna insulate the concrete walls.. even a portable air con dont cost too much. Just troublesome to find a place for the hot air outlet.

23 minutes ago, Camper said:

I dont think it is enough because our walls can get really hot too. Unless you are also gonna insulate the concrete walls.. even a portable air con dont cost too much. Just troublesome to find a place for the hot air outlet.

my block is sheild and not facing toward  the evening sun and also is block from  evening sun by another blk

Edited by The_King

3 hours ago, The_King said:

my block is sheild and not facing toward  the evening sun and also is block from  evening sun by another blk

Then you have to think about the months with haze. During hot and hazy months even my in laws couldnt take it. Waifu installed air con for them and they use during those months.

• Full Of Win 1

2 minutes ago, Camper said:

Then you have to think about the months with haze. During hot and hazy months even my in laws couldnt take it. Waifu installed air con for them and they use during those months.

then i carry on with my original plan of dual aircon.

BTW how often must aircon be switch on (as in from the breaker switch as in total switch off)? is once per month ok? or once every 2 month?

2 minutes ago, The_King said:

BTW how often must aircon be switch on (as in from the breaker switch as in total switch off)? is once per month ok? or once every 2 month?

Sometimes i switched on once every 3 months for like 10 to 20mins only.

But during hot months i may on more.

Once a month for awhile is recommended.

3 minutes ago, The_King said:

Remember to upgrade the copper pipping. Even my upgrade pipe does get clogged as our air in singapore is very dusty.

• Full Of Win 1

Just now, Camper said:

Sometimes i switched on once every 3 months for like 10 to 20mins only.

But during hot months i may on more.

Once a month for awhile is recommended.

ya, me thinking of once a while like say rest for 2 month then on and let it warm up for 1 day then on aircon for 30min to 1hr to let it everything run then off using remote then off breaker main and 2 month later do the same.

i worried if this is ok for aircon or will it shorted it lifespan?

4 minutes ago, The_King said:

ya, me thinking of once a while like say rest for 2 month then on and let it warm up for 1 day then on aircon for 30min to 1hr to let it everything run then off using remote then off breaker main and 2 month later do the same.

i worried if this is ok for aircon or will it shorted it lifespan?

I think it should be ok. My aircon are about 5yrs already like what you mentioned,once a couple of months on for just 15 to 30mins in my living room.

My bedroom is switched on at least 12 hrs daily and essentially 24hrs on weekend. I have pet at home so usually during hot months will just keep the aircon running.

Remember to on as high fan speed as you can. That was recommended by the aircon servicing boss. Then once a year if it is raining, blast the aircon compressor with water to wash the dust off the metal grills.

• Full Of Win 1

5 minutes ago, Camper said:

Remember to upgrade the copper pipping. Even my upgrade pipe does get clogged as our air in singapore is very dusty.

here the stuff i shortlisted:

2 separate system 1 (mitsubishi electric ( starmex ) and Daikin )  and it independent of each other so it mean they will their own trunking, owe isolator, own connection to their own circuit to connect to breaker switch, etc....

My choice of material:

3/4" inch Amaflex Class 1 for insulator

25mm uPVC drainage pipe with 30mm or 35mm turn pipe aka corner turn aka corner piping and with at least 1/4' insulation

Keystone wiring 4C40, 4C70 (4C40 is for Indoor fancoil, while 4C70 is for compressor to isolator)

PSB Tested Gauge 22 or 21 copper wire (Nyflex , DNE or Luvata)

5 minutes ago, Camper said:

I think it should be ok. My aircon are about 5yrs already like what you mentioned,once a couple of months on for just 15 to 30mins in my living room.

My bedroom is switched on at least 12 hrs daily and essentially 24hrs on weekend. I have pet at home so usually during hot months will just keep the aircon running.

Remember to on as high fan speed as you can. That was recommended by the aircon servicing boss. Then once a year if it is raining, blast the aircon compressor with water to wash the dust off the metal grills.

currently my setting is 25c and mid high fan speed. (will mid high and high the same?) or must be at high fan

BTw do you know any trusted aircon servicing  company.

the blast the aircon compressor with water to wash the dust off the metal grills. i have doing that when it raining , hahaha it like waiting for it to rain big big

7 minutes ago, The_King said:

2 separate system 1 (mitsubishi electric ( starmex ) and Daikin )  and it independent of each other so it mean they will their own trunking, owe isolator, own connection to their own circuit to connect to breaker switch, etc....

My choice of material:

25mm uPVC drainage pipe with 30mm or 35mm turn pipe aka corner turn aka corner piping and with at least 1/4' insulation

Keystone wiring 4C40, 4C70 (4C40 is for Indoor fancoil, while 4C70 is for compressor to isolator)

Err... i recommend to use a system 2 instead to save on cost. If the aircon fails, there is always a fan to use ?

8 minutes ago, The_King said:

currently my setting is 25c and mid high fan speed. (will mid high and high the same?) or must be at high fan

BTw do you know any trusted aircon servicing  company.

the blast the aircon compressor with water to wash the dust off the metal grills. i have doing that when it raining , hahaha it like waiting for it to rain big big

Im using dry mode at mid high or high speed every night. No issue for me.

I have been using a aircon service provider. Last time my father business always used them. Currently using the service for his home too.

I forgot the business name is it four seasons engineering or something.

You can whatsapp the boss, 91456885. Name is Ah Seng.

Normal servicing per aircon is $30. Chemical wash i cant remember is $120 or $150.

They only carry mitsubishi industrial and daikin.

Iirc i was quoted 2.5k for system 3 mitsubishi and 3.3k for daiki. 5 yrs ago. Cant remember clearly.

Edited by Camper
  • Full Of Win 1

4 minutes ago, Camper said:

Err... i recommend to use a system 2 instead to save on cost. If the aircon fails, there is always a fan to use ?

2 separate system 1 is my failed saved mode. they are independent of each other .

that reason i asked if i can switch off the  main for 2 month, i will rotate them 2 month... so my aircon nv break down.... even if big problem there always a backup

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, The_King said:

My choice of material:

Power. U damn detailed.

I took armaflex class 0 with the good copper and took pic when the contractor came.

The pipe and keystone to me looked standard supply so nv care

But it's also good if they use single piece , that mean never join together (as far as possible)

• Like 1

beastgohan-gohanbeast.gif

45 minutes ago, The_King said:

2 separate system 1 is my failed saved mode. they are independent of each other .

that reason i asked if i can switch off the  main for 2 month, i will rotate them 2 month... so my aircon nv break down.... even if big problem there always a backup

Maybe if is in your bedroom, then use a window aircon (those that are fitted on window panel) and a normal system 1 aircon? Just thinking if our hdb aircon ledge can accomodate 2 compressors.

• Like 1