Gyms, spas, cinemas set up procedures to check customers’ vaccination status as latest Covid-19 measures roll out

The_King

Some cinemas have plans to implement differentiated measures, such as screenings for fully vaccinated moviegoers.

Cathay Cineplexes, which has eight outlets across the island, said that it would be rolling out vaccinated-only halls from Thursday onwards.

“We will be able to increase the seating capacities for vaccinated-only halls, with 1m safe-distancing in place,” a Cathay Cineplexes spokesman said.

“The increase in capacity will depend on each individual hall size, but it will not exceed 500 people.”

The cinema will also verify the vaccination status of customers “at a few points throughout their purchase journey”.

For instance, if customers purchase their tickets online or at kiosks, there will be a pop-up to remind them that the ticket they are booking is for a vaccinated-only hall.

“The last check will be done at our usher point before entry to the halls either by verifying their vaccination status with their TraceTogether token, mobile app or Healthhub mobile app,” said the spokesman.

F&B sold at the cinemas can also be consumed at vaccinated-only halls.

“Our staff will do a last check at the usher point to ensure that no F&B is brought in to other halls other than the vaccinated-only halls… They will also be doing spot checks throughout the movie.”

Starting Thursday, independent cinema The Projector, which is located at Beach Road, will also be holding screenings for vaccinated individuals at two of its four halls.

The vaccinated-only hall will see a capacity increase from 50 to 100 people, with 1m safe distancing in place between groups meaning the hall is operating at 50 per cent capacity.

Audience caps at the two halls where vaccinations are not compulsory will remain at 50.

“We hope that as vaccination rates rise, in time to come, the 1m social distancing measures will be lifted to allow us to operate at 100 per cent capacity,” said Mr Prashan Somosundram, general manager at The Projector.

F&B sold at the venue can only be consumed in vaccinated-only halls.

“Guests will be refused entry without refunds should they show up for (vaccinated-only) hall screenings but not meet the admission criteria,” said Mr Prashant.

• Like 1
  • Wahaha 1

5 minutes ago, chamfer said:

So it's like 变相 way of asking non-vax to get vax in order to get freedom to do things.

i view it as, i give you some, you let me watch. if you dont need my money, i can always watch online and i save money

as quote: that cinemas are soon to be a thing of the past. netflix, Disney+, amazon prime video, Viu, (those free one just search cant post here)

• Like 2