11 Slovenia 60.66
12 Vietnam 60.25
13 Indonesia 59.85
14 Ecuador 59.65
15 United Arab Emirates

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Bigbird said:

Can share your lecture notes boh? 

I don't keep good notes. I also throw the old stuff away because I don't use them. I write new words/vocab/phrases I encounter in a multipurpose notebook then add them to anki. 

Thai learning curve quite steep so better to go class or hire teacher.

Spanish and viet possible to learn online using duolingo and anki flashcards, both free. https://www.languagetransfer.org/free-courses-1#complete-spanish is also useful because it teaches how to convert english words into spanish because they share root words. Use italki (need to pay, price varies) to practice conversation. 

If you are really keen, a basic thing to do is learn 5 or 10 new words a day using anki. A little a day is more effective than cramming for 2 hours on weekends. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Standing Birdy said:

I don't keep good notes. I also throw the old stuff away because I don't use them. I write new words/vocab/phrases I encounter in a multipurpose notebook then add them to anki. 

Thai learning curve quite steep so better to go class or hire teacher.

Spanish and viet possible to learn online using duolingo and anki flashcards, both free. https://www.languagetransfer.org/free-courses-1#complete-spanish is also useful because it teaches how to convert english words into spanish because they share root words. Use italki (need to pay, price varies) to practice conversation. 

If you are really keen, a basic thing to do is learn 5 or 10 new words a day using anki. A little a day is more effective than cramming for 2 hours on weekends. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Learning languages for me i need interaction.  So the best is one i can communicate with on a hourly/daily/weekly basis!

So a companion will be the most ideal! 

Otherwise Adios! 

Even my mandarin, is lokang level. Non of my family or friends speaks it!   :wail:

Edited by Bigbird

13 hours ago, aaur4man said:

I envy @Yamato

I envy you people in Singapore even more. Living in a First World Swiss Standard Society/Country with high moral standing where people are considerate, honest, caring and generous, where the government is honest , strong and have foresight, where the country is clean, safe and full of opportunities. You guys are basically living in heaven. Where I am is the complete opposite of what I had described about Singapore. I had no choice but to downgrade to this corrupted 3rd world country because I failed in Singapore so I have to quit.

• Wahaha 4

15 hours ago, aaur4man said:

I envy @Yamato

2 hours ago, Yamato said:

I envy you people in Singapore even more. Living in a First World Swiss Standard Society/Country with high moral standing where people are considerate, honest, caring and generous, where the government is honest , strong and have foresight, where the country is clean, safe and full of opportunities. You guys are basically living in heaven. Where I am is the complete opposite of what I had described about Singapore. I had no choice but to downgrade to this corrupted 3rd world country because I failed in Singapore so I have to quit.

tiagong shld work in sgx and then be teochew towkay in bkk is jin song!!!!

Chuvit Kamolvisit Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images

• Wahaha 4

Surely it'd be nice to spend the rest of your life in Hobbiton village:

spacer.png

Edited by Cynical Ape
  • Like 3

Good content = Topics that genuinely encourages and stimulates interaction/banter. 

Bad content = Clickbaits, brag posts and social media news feed that nobody gives a flying fuck about + waste of server storage space

11 hours ago, Yamato said:

I dont care!!!!!

See you soon!!! :p

• Wahaha 1

On 6/17/2021 at 7:58 PM, Bigbird said:

World’s Best Countries For Retirement, 2021

Sophie IrelandSophie IrelandStats GateJanuary 31, 202

World’s Best Countries For Retirement, 2021

Rank Country Score
1 New Zealand 71.78
2 Luxembourg 68.04
3 Switzerland 67.16
4 Canada 66.39
5 Australia 66.06
6 Spain 65.27
7 Portugal 64.14
8 Malta 63.2
9 France 61.3
10 Thailand 60.97
11 Slovenia 60.66
12 Vietnam 60.25
13 Indonesia 59.85
14 Ecuador 59.65
15 United Arab Emirates

No Scandinavian countries made it to the top 10, quite surprisingly....

Good content = Topics that genuinely encourages and stimulates interaction/banter. 

Bad content = Clickbaits, brag posts and social media news feed that nobody gives a flying fuck about + waste of server storage space