Singapore Online Groceries Guide

The_King

It has been more than a year since Singapore went into Circuit Breaker on 7th April 2020. During Circuit Breaker, the supermarkets were filled with people as we all rushed to get essentials for our stay-home period. Eventually, the “kiasu-ness” faded, and we continue to get our groceries as usual.

This year, we are back in our homes again for Phase 2 (Heightened Measures). Compared to last year, we are allowed more mobility and access to retail options. Regardless, the intention of having stricter safe distancing measure in place is to reduce our exposure to COVID-19.

As most of us have started to get used to food delivery, we can do the same for groceries shopping by ordering online. For a reasonable delivery fee, groceries will be delivered to our doorstep. We no longer need to carry heavy groceries bags, squeeze with the crowd, stand in the queue nor walk all over to find a single item.

Read Also: Why A Supermarket Run Is Similar (And As Dangerous) As A Bank Run

Here are seven online groceries platform for us and our families to use so that we no longer need to queue for toilet paper.

All For You (Sheng Siong)

Amazon Fresh

Cold Storage

(NTUC) Fairprice

Giant

Redmart

Shopee Supermarket

Minimum Order For Free Delivery

$100

$60

$59

$79

$59

$60

$40

Delivery fee

$6

$5.99

$7

$5 or $3

$7

$5.99 or $3.99. Additional $1.99 for peak delivery timeslot.

$3.99

Service fee

Not Applicable (N.A)

$2.99/month for Amazon Prime

N.A

$3.99

N.A

N.A

N.A

Read Also: 6 Online Wet Markets And Stalls That Provide Free Delivery With Minimum Order Of $60 #SupportLocal

#1 All For You (Sheng Siong)

From a small provision shop in Ang Mo Koi, Sheng Siong is now one of the major supermarket retailers in Singapore. In 2014, Sheng Siong launched its online platform – All For You, which delivers islandwide.

Apart from having great value for their products, Sheng Siong is also known for its TV show, The Sheng Siong Show (缤纷万千在昇). Online customers Allforyou.sg order receipts are also eligible for the Sheng Siong Lucky Draw.

As delivery timeslots are based on availability, we can place our orders at least 36 hours before the expected delivery date to avoid disappointment. The designated delivery timeslots are about 2 or 3 hours long. We can enjoy same-day delivery (if available) when the order has been placed 3 hours prior to the delivery time slot and no later than 4 pm.

Minimum Order For Free Delivery: $100

Delivery fee: $6

Service fee: Not Applicable (N.A)

Subscription: Not Applicable (N.A)

#2 Amazon Fresh

The largest e-commerce platform in the world, Amazon finally landed on our shores back in 2017. Known for their efficiencies in logistics, Amazon offers a 2-hour delivery option to all Amazon Prime users. Currently, Amazon Fresh is available exclusively to Amazon Prime members which costs $2.99/per month.

We can enjoy same-day delivery (if available) when the order has been placed 3 hours prior to the delivery time slot and no later than 4 pm.

Minimum Order For Free Delivery: $60

Delivery fee: $5.99

Service fee: $0

Subscription (Amazon Prime): $2.99/month. The delivery fee still applies if groceries limit is not above $60.

#3 Cold Storage

Established in Singapore in 1903, Cold Storage is a household name known for its quality and premium products. Compared to other supermarket retailers, Cold Storage was the first supermarket to launch an online groceries platform back in 1997.

If we are in the mood of treating ourselves, there are many premium options available such as Waygu beef and fresh cheese. Additionally, Dairy Farm (the parent company) has rolled out an affordable and quality house brand for food products called Meadows. Fans of Meadows Potato chips can skip the rush and order online for their famous flavours.

Currently, there is no same-day delivery and orders will be delivered the next day if there are available delivery slots.

Minimum Order For Free Delivery: $59

Delivery fee: $7

#4 (NTUC) Fairprice

A name synonymous with groceries shopping in Singapore, (NTUC) Fairprice is Singapore’s largest supermarket retailer. As the online groceries scene developed over the years, Fairprice revamped its online platform back in 2018 to provide a better experience for users.

For NTUC Plus! Membership users, we can link our Plus! Membership to our FairPrice account and continue to earn or redeem LinkPoints.

As delivery timeslots are based on availability, we can try to book our delivery a few days ahead. The designated delivery timeslots are about 2 hours long.

Minimum Order For Free Delivery: $79

Delivery fee: $5 for orders below $59 and $3 for orders ranging from $59 to $78.99.

Service fee: $3.99

Subscription (Digital Club): $9.99/month (waives service and delivery fee)

Read Also: [2021 Edition] NTUC Membership: Complete Guide To All The Benefits You Will Receive

#5 Giant

Another brand that provides great value for its products, Giant is a supermarket that entered Singapore markets back in 2000. Additionally, Giant also carries the popular and affordable Meadows brand by Dairy Farm.

As delivery timeslots are based on availability, we can try to book our delivery a few days ahead. We can enjoy same-day delivery (if available) when the order has been placed at 11 am. The designated delivery timeslots are about 3 hours long.

Minimum Order For Free Delivery: $59

Delivery fee: $7

#6 Redmart

Founded in 2011, Redmart was one of the pioneers in Singapore as a purely online groceries platform. Acquired by Lazada in 2016, it has since relaunched on Lazada platform in 2019. With over 100,000 listed products, Redmart aims to offer competitive prices against conventional supermarket retailers.

As delivery timeslots are based on availability, we can try to book our delivery a few days ahead. The designated delivery timeslots are about 2 hours long. Additionally, we would have to pay an extra $1.99 for peak delivery timeslots which are driven by demand. Currently, most timeslots are considered peak due to the increase in online groceries demand.

Minimum Order For Free Delivery: $60

Delivery fee: $5.99 for 2 hours slots and $3.99 for 6 hours slots. An additional $1.99 fee may apply for certain our delivery timeslot.

Subscription: LiveUp is currently not accepting new members. Existing members can enjoy free delivery on Redmart until 31 July 2021. More information can be found here.

#7 Shopee Supermarket

As the latest entrant to the local online groceries’ scene, Shopee Supermarket was recently launched last month in April. Currently, there are over 36,000 product offerings on the platform.

The current delivery option on Shopee Supermarket is Shopee Express Warehouse Direct. This means that the delivery would take about 1 to 2 days to arrive upon order. While we are unable to book our desired timeslot yet, we can track the delivery process on the platform.

Minimum Order For Free Delivery: $40

Delivery fee: $3.99

• Like 1

i am on Redmart for groceries

anyone order the subscription fruits package from online stores? Any recommendations?

• Like 1

Helping a friend to gain more subscribers. He is quite a talented music creator. Look for "Thee Influence" in Youtube

With these trend, very soon wet market will disappear liao! 

I enjoy going to the wet market to watch & learn the art of picking and bargaining .......

So i watch those aunties do their pressing and flipping of fish & bantering with the fish monger.  See how Aunties seduces the seller for more discounts & uncles show biceps and boost of their superior spawns........  :haha:

Sometimes i see 4-5 pork stalls and only 1 stall is popular with long queue!  I ask myself why?? ..........................................  Till today i still dont know why! I dont often buy pork!

The veg aunties sellers will call out to me "Suay Ker" lai mai chay!  Show 3/4 papaya some more! I like :o.    

Chu ming ahhhhhh.......   Tell my chio bu,  She says go do some charity!  :fear:

Then u have those fruits stalls,  those aunties will squeeze and poke the fruits with their finger nails and then put the fruit back and take another fruit instead! WTF!!! Why must poke with finger nails!!!! :o

Some will shake the fruits and some smell it.  I like :hmm: 

These are the scenes i missed and will soon be a thing of the past!

spacer.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bigbird said:

With these trend, very soon wet market will disappear liao! 

I enjoy going to the wet market to watch & learn the art of picking and bargaining .......

So i watch those aunties do their pressing and flipping of fish & bantering with the fish monger.  See how Aunties seduces the seller for more discounts & uncles show biceps and boost of their superior spawns........  :haha:

Sometimes i see 4-5 pork stalls and only 1 stall is popular with long queue!  I ask myself why?? ..........................................  Till today i still dont know why! I dont often buy pork!

The veg aunties sellers will call out to me "Suay Ker" lai mai chay!  Show 3/4 papaya some more! I like :o.    

Chu ming ahhhhhh.......   Tell my chio bu,  She says go do some charity!  :fear:

Then u have those fruits stalls,  those aunties will squeeze and poke the fruits with their finger nails and then put the fruit back and take another fruit instead! WTF!!! Why must poke with finger nails!!!! :o

Some will shake the fruits and some smell it.  I like :hmm: 

These are the scenes i missed and will soon be a thing of the past!

spacer.png

it will be like this

• Wahaha 1