celling fan blade break

The_King

439295524_10159749669022441_899307405778

439312701_10159749669077441_148261928757

439074006_10159749668992441_103597287311

On 30th March 2024 at 6:10pm, I switched on my Fanco ceiling fan in the master bedroom, where my then 3-month old baby usually naps in the day and sleeps at night. I had just carried him out to his nursery in the next room when I heard a loud crash from the master bedroom. I rushed over to check, and realised that one of the fan blades had broken and spun off, hitting the wardrobe and then the wall before landing near my baby’s cot. Thankfully I had just carried my baby out a few minutes ago and no one was in the room at that time! We were just 1-2 metres away from the crash.
I reached out to Fanco on 1st April and they sent a technician the next day with the intention of installing new fan blades for us. But when the technician arrived, he took a picture and sent it to his in charge and the person in charge told me over the phone that our ceiling fan was off-centre and too close to our wardrobe. He said it was because of this that the fan blade broke. But this doesn’t make sense. We bought this fan back in November 2021 from Shopee and had it installed by a 3rd party contractor, but a Fanco technician had come down twice to service these ceiling fans (for different issues) and not once have they ever highlighted that this ceiling fan in question is "not centralised" and could be hazardous.
We have since replaced all our Fanco fans to a more established brand, KDK. When we asked the KDK installers if the fan's position is too close to the wardrobe, they said no.
To be honest, after my experience, I don't think anyone would want to use a Fanco fan again. That’s why we rejected their replacement fan blade and had asked them to compensate us in cash instead. Unfortunately we haven't heard from them ever since, despite several email chases. We were also unable to reach them via their phone lines.
This goes to show how irresponsible Fanco is.
I previously reached out to Mothership and Today via email, and Mustsharenews via Instagram DMs to share my story but did not hear back but I hope to share my story to warn other Fanco ceiling fan users that this could happen to them as well.

https://www.facebook.com/724802440/videos/pcb.1529715630918594/803143344542726

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1644165932534557/permalink/3697792447171885/

Edited by The_King
  • wtf 2

Jz wan compensation la...

Bought so many yrs if spoil at most is 1:1 replacement... More ever it's done by 3rd party so must see if it's authorized by the fanco... Could be bad installation...

Imo tat blade looks too near the wardrobe... might not physically broke it.. 

This person put towel in room... Wun tat towel not dry n gotch smell

Edited by XianGe

1 hour ago, XianGe said:

Jz wan compensation la...

Bought so many yrs if spoil at most is 1:1 replacement... More ever it's done by 3rd party so must see if it's authorized by the fanco... Could be bad installation...

Imo tat blade looks too near the wardrobe... might not physically broke it.. 

This person put towel in room... Wun tat towel not dry n gotch smell

I suspect hit the wardrobe door too

IMG-7224.jpg