Trust Bank denies to file a merchant dispute despite me paying for item and not receiving it

The_King

Just wanna share how useless SG banks are in consumer protections.

Story:
I bought some items from HK about $200. The invoice show delivery $0. But when it arrived I was asked to pay an additional $30 to the courier. Of course I refused.
I then contacted the merchant who said that the delivery is $0 on the invoice.
This is because the fee is between me and the courier and not with them, the seller.

I said wa if I know liddat of course I wouldn't order right?
Then they say okok will find a way to refund you.
Then no updates, after 2 weeks past I check and my item was shipped back to HK by merchant.
I asked the merchant how. They ignored me.
So I file chargeback with my bank lor.

Now my bank call me back and tells me my dispute is denied. Because the item did arrive but you didn't pay the delivery.
I said but the merchant say they finding a way to refund me.
The bank say they finding a way not that they WILL so no proof they said will refund you.

I thought banks will help their customers one like PayPal turns out they are pretty unhelpful.
Feels like Financial Institutions here just collect money and when need to do work they just wave away their responsibility...

So now I have no item, the merchant is ignoring me and I don't get my money back.

So anyone has any advice on my next steps forward?
Anyone has other experience with Trust Bank are digital banks in general this unhelpful?

• Like 2

just curious what he wants the bank to do? he make it sound like in US where alot of ppl pay for the service, used the service and ask bank to charge back the payment. 

he should ask the platform which he purchased the item instead of banks ma. 

• Like 1