simply NO go: the outdated user unfriendly fare card

The_King

let me guess:

the reason for not showing remaining value is:

they dont want people to know how much they're paying per trip, cannot see mean fare increase also cant tell mean it reduce the sensitivity to fare hikes

kena overcharge also dont know, all you see is simply no go

set me up for single point of failure

in short towards

cash.jpg

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, The_King said:

let me guess:

they dont want people to know how much they're paying per trip, cannot see mean fare increase also cant tell mean it reduce the sensitivity to fare hikes

in short towards

cash.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wahaha 2

Official Mugentech Minecraft server: Please see thread in Gamers

33 minutes ago, The_King said:

let me guess:

in short towards

Think is more of a architecture and processing pipeline issue - which is a bit daft

They process the transactions in a batch - like the start and end point of a journey are recorded instantly, but the processing of the amount to calculate the fare happens in batches. So instant response on fare cost and remaining balance is not available. There's also a hard minimum balance limit of $3 or $5 - which is a consequence of a situation where you end a trip and then take another one immediately - they won't have calculated your Trip 1 balance and stopped you from Trip 2 lol. Topup also takes a bit of time to reflect.

Dunno why the processing isn't instantaneous - either the problem is with the simplygo infra, or they have taken this route to reduce their costs by hitting the financial institutions with a bulk transaction every 10/15 minutes instead of all the time. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, coffeenut said:

Think is more of a architecture and processing pipeline issue - which is a bit daft

They process the transactions in a batch - like the start and end point of a journey are recorded instantly, but the processing of the amount to calculate the fare happens in batches. So instant response on fare cost and remaining balance is not available. There's also a hard minimum balance limit of $3 or $5 - which is a consequence of a situation where you end a trip and then take another one immediately - they won't have calculated your Trip 1 balance and stopped you from Trip 2 lol. Topup also takes a bit of time to reflect.

Dunno why the processing isn't instantaneous - either the problem is with the simplygo infra, or they have taken this route to reduce their costs by hitting the financial institutions with a bulk transaction every 10/15 minutes instead of all the time. 

Because batch transactions are easier and so much cheaper to monitor and backup. If you have a synchronous connection, you need things like real-time error checking, recovery, etc etc. An asynchronous connection just need a checksum, ok / resend response.

TLDR;

4090234406_f193088408_o.jpg

• Like 4
  • fapfapfap 1

Official Mugentech Minecraft server: Please see thread in Gamers

12 hours ago, The_King said:

let me guess:

in short towards

cash.jpg

Maybe next time adopt tiongland social credit system. If you are identified as anti-gahmen, can't even take transport or buy things because account blocked:(

• Wahaha 4

2 hours ago, Standing Birdy said:

Maybe next time adopt tiongland social credit system. If you are identified as anti-gahmen, can't even take transport or buy things because account blocked:(

u dont say, they might use xyz reasons to implement it... 

• Like 1
  • Wahaha 2

21 hours ago, zendude said:

Heard got long queue at mrt customer service

Super retards pap at it again. No one knew what they meant, not even themselves. 

Must be some scholar idea. Wonder how many ppt slides and spreadsheets were used for this 

• Wahaha 3

spacer.png

23 hours ago, zendude said:

Heard got long queue at mrt customer service

Super retards pap at it again. No one knew what they meant, not even themselves. 

Not sure why everyone wants to upgrade at the same time. Knn, Jan 1 only disclosed that 6 months till June. Want to upgrade at MRT, do it after a few weeks when less or no queue. Worse is sometimes a few people queue up wth 3-4 cards - theirs, family members, + spares. Can still keep using what .. 

• Wahaha 2

12 minutes ago, coffeenut said:

Not sure why everyone wants to upgrade at the same time. Knn, Jan 1 only disclosed that 6 months till June. Want to upgrade at MRT, do it after a few weeks when less or no queue. Worse is sometimes a few people queue up wth 3-4 cards - theirs, family members, + spares. Can still keep using what .. 

It's a lot of old ppl going to make enquiries cuz pap's PSA turned into scaremongering. My boomer father also come to ask me, I dunno, he tell my mom go counter and ask lol. 

It's very easy to do better than PAP, but not easy to get into the infrastructure infested by yes men dedicating their lives to evil. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zendude said:

It's a lot of old ppl going to make enquiries cuz pap's PSA turned into scaremongering. My boomer father also come to ask me, I dunno, he tell my mom go counter and ask lol. 

It's very easy to do better than PAP, but not easy to get into the infrastructure infested by yes men dedicating their lives to evil. 

Not sure how all this shit was approved. From 1 card being usable for public transport, driving and parking, now you have 2 or 3 different methods 

Later they come up with another unified GoEasy and launch 2030 :(

• Wahaha 2