Chiwit Thai

Yamato

One of the mornings this week I had to leave home very early for a long drive to Rayong for work. 

I had to make a quick stop at a nearby 7Eleven for drinking water. Coming out of the store I saw people buying breakfast from street hawkers so I decided to take a video to show a typical morning scene at a 7Eleven store in Thailand.

For breakfast I stopped at the highway rest point along the highway between Bangkok and Pattaya

I had breakfast at Starbucks

img%5D

img%5D

Breakfast

img%5D

img%5D

• Like 2

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Automobiles/China-s-Great-Wall-targets-50-growth-in-Thai-sales-this-year2?utm_campaign=GL_asia_daily&utm_medium=email&utm_source=NA_newsletter&utm_content=article_link&del_type=1&pub_date=20230214123000&seq_num=18&si=44594

China's Great Wall targets 50% growth in Thai sales this year
Local EV production to start in 2024 as automaker bets big on expanding market

img%5D

Great Wall Motor's Ora Good Cat is the top-selling electric vehicle in Thailand. (Photo by Yohei Muramatsu)
YOHEI MURAMATSU, Nikkei staff writerFebruary 11, 2023 02:23 JST

BANGKOK -- China's Great Wall Motor aims to increase sales in Thailand by 50% this year over 2022, the privately owned automaker said on Friday, while also planning to launch local production of electric vehicles in 2024.

GWM sold 11,616 units in Thailand during 2022, more than triple the previous year's tally, for a market share of 1.4%. The company targets sales of 18,000 vehicles in 2023, with plans to introduce five new EV and hybrid models in the country.

More than one-third of the units sold in 2022 were of GWM's Good Cat, a compact electric vehicle under the Ora brand. The Ora Good Cat was the leading EV in Thailand by new registrations last year, with a 39% share, according to local automotive media.

The Good Cat is marketed in other countries as the Hao Mao and the Funky Cat. Sales of the car were suspended in Thailand due to production delays, but the company will resume accepting reservations. It aims to sell 5,000 units here in 2023.

Thailand has provided subsidies and tax incentives for the car on the condition that it be produced locally in the future. Good Cats currently are imported from China.

GWM plans to invest a total of 22.6 billion baht ($675 million) to renovate a plant in Rayong, an eastern Thai province, that it acquired from General Motors in 2020. The company already has invested 12 billion baht. Production of the Good Cat is slated to begin at the facility in the January-March quarter of 2024.

The automaker uses Thailand as a production base for Southeast Asia, exporting vehicles from there to neighboring countries.

GWM also intends to begin sales in Thailand this year of a coupe-type EV called the Ora Grand Cat, also known as the Lightning Cat in some markets.

"Thai people have a keen interest in EVs, and we predict that the market size in 2023 will expand [50%] from last year," Narong Sritalayon, managing director of Great Wall Motors Thailand, said at a news conference.

One of my favourite places for breakfast is this countryside eatery by a canal

img%5D

Went there this morning with my truck
img%5D

Parked directly in front of the shop
img%5D

Rustic and cozy setting
img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

"Krapow moo sap khai dow" - Thai basil with minced pork and an egg (55 baht)
img%5D

Shrimp tomyam (70 baht)
img%5D

Sardine with Thai herb salad (70 baht)
img%5D

Each dish is freshly cooked when you order. Its delicious fulfilling and great environment for having a relaxing breakfast. Total cost $7.60
img%5D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had to make a trip to the southern province of Ranong to attend a funeral. Ranong is about 600km away and require about 8 hours to drive there therefore will do it slowly in two days. Left on Wednesday and stopped at Chumphon.

Novotel Chumphon
img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

The room
img%5D

img%5D

Went to a beach restaurant opposite the hotel. Known as Mae Mai.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/qYeAZcW.jpg[/img]

img%5D

img%5D

First 3 dishes
img%5D

Somtam
img%5D

Southern Thai wild vegetables
img%5D

Kale with salted fish
img%5D

Prawn tomyam
img%5D

Soft shell crabs
img%5D

Deep sea pomfret - 1kg
img%5D

Dinner
img%5D

This meal costs only 2,400 baht or $93

• Like 1

Next morning before leaving Chumphon for Ranong, had breakfast at a local dimsum place.

Name of restaurant is Hor Jiak meaning delicious

img%5D

img%5D

Dining
img%5D

Pick what you want
img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

The kitchen
img%5D

My picks ready to steam and fried
img%5D

Breakfast ready
img%5D

Bak kut teh
img%5D

Fried dimsum
img%5D

• Like 1

Had a great seafood dinner at a restaurant in Ranong

Steamed egg
img%5D

Grilled squid in sweet sauce
img%5D

Deep fried prawn in tamarind sauce
img%5D

Mixed vegetables and chicken
img%5D

Soya sauce groupa
img%5D

Deep sea pomfret steamed with sour plum
img%5D

• Like 2

Friday 6.30am morning walk in the main street of Ranong

img%5D

Old building 1959
img%5D

Chinese school
img%5D

Many shops still not open
img%5D

Classic shopfront 
[img]https://i.imgur.com/lR1RO87.jpg[/img]

Old walkway
img%5D

Waiting for the ride to school
img%5D

Everyone seemed to be looking at their phone
img%5D

Morning delivery
img%5D

Ranong main market, lets go in to take a look
img%5D

Morning pick
[img]https://i.imgur.com/zyERaX5.jpg[/img]

Fresh fish from the boats
img%5D

Waiting for customers
img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

Meats
img%5D

img%5D

Provision shop
img%5D

Vegetables
img%5D

img%5D

Unloading 
img%5D

Alms
img%5D

Dry stuff
img%5D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, coffeenut said:

Haha yes. But from those chit-chat threads there, I had him pegged around late 20s or early 30s .. end up find in this thread he ownself say he 20+ years older than my estimate :facepalm:

i think he late 40s hv. dats y i gathered from nk threads. oso hv those threads share abt bkk. many parts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, classyNfabulous said:

i think he late 40s hv. dats y i gathered from nk threads. oso hv those threads share abt bkk. many parts.

NK I only saw him in 1 chit-chat thread where everyone typed nonsense :D And most there were xdds so thought sabai2 was about there too. Was very wrong :cool:

Friday liao, today will go through this Thai thread, though seems is 50% Siam and 50% Nippon :lol:

• Wahaha 1

9 minutes ago, coffeenut said:

NK I only saw him in 1 chit-chat thread where everyone typed nonsense :D And most there were xdds so thought sabai2 was about there too. Was very wrong :cool:

Friday liao, today will go through this Thai thread, though seems is 50% Siam and 50% Nippon :lol:

the bkk thrrad part # ijit or simi thrrad

if is tis thrrad, i ever see sabai2 reacting. hardly see him talk. open thread oso dont talk to pple. 

• Wahaha 1

2 minutes ago, classyNfabulous said:

the bkk thrrad part # ijit or simi thrrad

if is tis thrrad, i ever see sabai2 reacting. hardly see him talk. open thread oso dont talk to pple. 

Oh, I never visited that BKK thread in NK. Should be the Sinkie or Stinkie thread where he occasionally dropped by to chit chat haha.

This thread how to react - he busy driving around Thailand & Japan to sell "screws" - life is haaaaard :( 

• Wahaha 1

18 minutes ago, coffeenut said:

Oh, I never visited that BKK thread in NK. Should be the Sinkie or Stinkie thread where he occasionally dropped by to chit chat haha.

This thread how to react - he busy driving around Thailand & Japan to sell "screws" - life is haaaaard :( 

i din knw got a sinkie thread in nk

anyway i dont follow dat thread closely. once in blue moon go in to see

• Like 1
  • Wahaha 1