GoPro 11, GoPro 11 mini and DJI Action 3

The_King

10 hours ago, Bigbird said:

I saw the insta360 X3, need to use with stick looks cumbersome with the stick.

I see other use selfie stick with mobile, people already "chik" (dont know how to spell-the irritation sound) liao.

Use this makes people even more 2 lan!

Pocket 3 may be a better option for me, i guess.

btw got sale https://www.insta360.com

yes pocket 3 is better, no idea if dji will release pocket 3. for pocket  2 the last time they release firmware upgrade was 2021.

wat if they dont release pocket 3?

how long can u wait

On 5/28/2023 at 1:00 AM, The_King said:

yes pocket 3 is better, no idea if dji will release pocket 3. for pocket  2 the last time they release firmware upgrade was 2021.

wat if they dont release pocket 3?

how long can u wait

Well we know technology is always progressing. Next on is usually better then current model.  Just like mobile phones.

I try not to spend for the sake of spending. 

Stick to using mobile loh.  Not like i am paid to do videography or gunning for oscar!  This is just me!

11 minutes ago, Bigbird said:

Well we know technology is always progressing. Next on is usually better then current model.  Just like mobile phones.

I try not to spend for the sake of spending. 

Stick to using mobile loh.  Not like i am paid to do videography or gunning for oscar!  This is just me!

sony just release new youtuber cam

for me i just need a proper hand free cam for recording. some time i explore abandon building, holding camera with 1 hand and exploring while looking for hole in the floor or ground or walk on rotten wooden plank is very very hard.

with hand free i can use both hand to hold something or other stuff

the cam also be use on channel and maybe when i do cooking, and hope can earn some cash even $50 to $100 per month  is better then nothing

i try to hold off as late as i can. still hoping for pocket 3 else i wait for gopro hero 12 when always release in around sep

5 minutes ago, The_King said:

for me i just need a proper hand free cam for recording. some time i explore abandon building, holding camera with 1 hand and exploring while looking for hole in the floor or ground or walk on rotten wooden plank is very very hard.

the cam also be use on channel and maybe when i do cooking, and hope can earn some cash even $50 to $100 per month  is better then nothing

i try to hold off as late as i can. still hoping for pocket 3 else i wait for gopro hero 12 when always release in around sep

Later you create videos like this

But don't think you got children who will paint your fingernails like this guy's did 

18 minutes ago, coffeenut said:

Later you create videos like this

But don't think you got children who will paint your fingernails like this guy's did 

i dont think i put the cam on my forehead to record, i just put beside the stove to record

5 minutes ago, The_King said:

i dont think i put the cam on my forehead to record, i just put beside the stove to record

Liddat can just use the phone liaoz :( 

Mount on head or somewhere they looks more immersive 

But yeah, can attach some sort of a vacuum clamp to your kitchen hood or something and then stick the GoPro there for a top down cooking beedio

Edited by coffeenut

38 minutes ago, coffeenut said:

Liddat can just use the phone liaoz :( 

Mount on head or somewhere they looks more immersive 

But yeah, can attach some sort of a vacuum clamp to your kitchen hood or something and then stick the GoPro there for a top down cooking beedio

my current hp video cannot make it.

it like potato video.

Edited by The_King
  • Sad 1

On 5/30/2023 at 10:45 PM, The_King said:

Looks bulky and moi not live streaming OF! :hehe:

All i need is a lens to be expose (strap on)  and the rest of the body can be hidden in my pocket or bag.

eg

3323f089-e209-4deb-b3a4-f1901a839af6.d21

On 5/30/2023 at 11:50 PM, The_King said:

my current hp video cannot make it.

it like potato video.

Perhaps the answer is to upgrade your mobile loh!

There's more function that you can use then just a action cam.  Better value & ROI too!

2 hours ago, Bigbird said:

Looks bulky and moi not live streaming OF! :hehe:

All i need is a lens to be expose (strap on)  and the rest of the body can be hidden in my pocket or bag.

eg

3323f089-e209-4deb-b3a4-f1901a839af6.d21

Perhaps the answer is to upgrade your mobile loh!

There's more function that you can use then just a action cam.  Better value & ROI too!

Ya sony too big, even 360 x3 look big as compare to pocket 2

I got no plan to get better hp, once I tang ping, I will no longer need a phone, I mean I still have hp but mostly for e com otp, or family to contact me. That all, so a few month top up $10 is enough

Also I view hp as short life cycle, not worth it to invest so much on it.

I keep updated here, hopefully pocket 3 release soon.

Else most likely is 360 x3 or gopro 12( release sep 2023)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

@Bigbird

heng ah nv buy  it. Heng if not regret

x3 bad if you shoot in single lens  as explain

Insta360 X3 is a great 360 camera with a fun app with AI effects for editing on the phone or iPad. But at the same time it's important to realize the difference between a 360 camera and a traditional front-facing non-360 camera like a GoPro, DSLR, or a cell phone.

A 360 camera uses 5.7K pixels to photograph the entire 360 sphere at once. This enables you to have fun afterwards aiming the view to choose the subject you want in the frame.

However, in choosing the framing of the video, approximately 75% of the pixels from the sphere are discarded, so the resulting video output is approximately 1080p, which generally looks good on the smaller screens of social media such as phones or iPads but not so great on large TVs.

If you compare a reframed 360 video on a large screen with a traditional non-360 camera video where all of the pixels are used looking forward in the small frame, the traditional camera video will look higher resolution. 

Edited by The_King
  • Wahaha 1

49 minutes ago, The_King said:

this one just release

my choice now is gopro 12 vs insta360 go3  (no action 3, lousier then gopro)

That day share this mah .. this one probably nicest for you, or just the GoPro cos got more scope for post bike riding stabilisation 

1 hour ago, coffeenut said:

That day share this mah .. this one probably nicest for you, or just the GoPro cos got more scope for post bike riding stabilisation 

this one is like pocket 2, more discreet. more  area you can mount your cam as long as it ferrous metal

me doing these type of video. which low light is my main priority

and this type

which one will you suggest??

gopro 12 or go 3

20 minutes ago, The_King said:

this one is like pocket 2, more discreet. more  area you can mount your cam as long as it ferrous metal

me doing these type of video. which low light is my main priority

and this type

which one will you suggest??

gopro 12 or go 3

Beedios 1 & 2 are situations where you cannot control the light - and especially if dark, almost all the action cameras are going to be shitty. Out of the options, GoPro 12 is probably the best because of what you can do with the software after taking the videos. If you are going to take videos in low light while you are walking, then consider getting a gimbal - something like Zhiyun Crane M3. You can attach your current phone and see if your video improves, later you can attach your GoPro or whatever you want to buy. 

Video 3 is indoors - and you can control the lighting. Even 2x cheap $20 LED lights will give you great light for that scenario - so any of the action cameras will be fine. 

16 minutes ago, coffeenut said:

Beedios 1 & 2 are situations where you cannot control the light - and especially if dark, almost all the action cameras are going to be shitty. Out of the options, GoPro 12 is probably the best because of what you can do with the software after taking the videos. If you are going to take videos in low light while you are walking, then consider getting a gimbal - something like Zhiyun Crane M3. You can attach your current phone and see if your video improves, later you can attach your GoPro or whatever you want to buy. 

Video 3 is indoors - and you can control the lighting. Even 2x cheap $20 LED lights will give you great light for that scenario - so any of the action cameras will be fine. 

my idea is hand free and discreet. which is why i was waiting for pocket 3 with build in gimbal.

no idea when pocket 3 will release. i only can hold on till end of sep.

based on this, which is the choice

Edited by The_King

4 minutes ago, The_King said:

my idea is hand free and discreet. which is why i was waiting for pocket with build in gimbal.

no idea when pocket 3 will release. i only can hold on till end of sep.

based on this, which is the choice

My choice will always be the GoPro cos am familiar with it - borrowed different versions from a friend while travelling only :) 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, coffeenut said:

My choice will always be the GoPro cos am familiar with it - borrowed different versions from a friend while travelling only :) 

many thanks

i will look at more review first for the go 3 as it just release. go 3 memory is build in and battery also build in.

WTF lousy

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_King said:

many thanks

i will look at more review first for the go 3 as it just release. go 3 memory is build in and battery also build in.

WTF lousy

Don't think Go 3 is right for you - it will be a little bit more discreet for sure, but .. battery life will be less. Why does it need to be discreet, btw? 

Can consider this as well

9 hours ago, coffeenut said:

Don't think Go 3 is right for you - it will be a little bit more discreet for sure, but .. battery life will be less. Why does it need to be discreet, btw? 

Can consider this as well

gopro is better then action 3 at night. that my main reason.

gopro 12 is just 3 month aways

Edited by The_King

20 hours ago, The_King said:

this one just release

my choice now is gopro 12 vs insta360 go3  (no action 3, lousier then gopro)

Insta360 go3 the battery life is only 45mins ah?  :lol:

Not good enough for outdoor walking vlog! 

Night shoot or Low light how?

I need Pocket 3 by 1st week of July!!!!!   Haiz........! :wail: 

So Will just use mobile for now.

Base of the current action cam form-factor, i will still go for Pocket 3 loh.

I read there might be a DJI pocket pro too!!! :hmm:

Edited by Bigbird