Local food

chamfer

26 minutes ago, The_King said:

next time i go try

More than 3 years no go chinatown. From the video which coffenut posted seem like the roasted pork stall no more.

It was the same name as the pau stall.道记

Edited by chamfer

7 hours ago, chamfer said:

More than 3 years no go chinatown. From the video which coffenut posted seem like the roasted pork stall no more.

It was the same name as the pau stall.道记

wai. i next month then can go. 

these few week i keep going to golden miles

thanks

3 minutes ago, coffeenut said:

Drink a bit can liao. But Sinkieland, the choices are tiny and even the not so good stuff is marked up, plus the cheap and decent everyday stuff isn't really available :( 

i drink sprits only 

03870889-9195-47a1-a35e-b8dfda74c254.jpg

414311b8-d575-492a-af7a-eaacf7e1b3ac.jpg
Whisky-2.jpg
Whisky-3.jpg
Whisky-4.jpg
Whisky-5.jpg
Whisky-1.jpg

9 minutes ago, The_King said:

i drink sprits only 

Old liao, now drink a lot less. 

Last time is mostly wodka & single malt, and maybe drink some wine while travelling. Nowadays, takes weeks to finish a bottle of Kavalan at home - occasionally pick up a beer like Duvel to enjoy on super warm evenings :( 

• wtf 1

2 minutes ago, coffeenut said:

Old liao, now drink a lot less. 

Last time is mostly wodka & single malt, and maybe drink some wine while travelling. Nowadays, takes weeks to finish a bottle of Kavalan at home - occasionally pick up a beer like Duvel to enjoy on super warm evenings :( 

mine is all for extract

1 minute ago, The_King said:

vanilla extract, orange extract, medical rub.

my gordon blue is sometime add to food for extract flavor

You add vanilla extract to the whisky when you drink or you add orange peel / vanilla pods let teh whisky sit and then drink?

Additional effort got song meh? :(

7 minutes ago, coffeenut said:

You add vanilla extract to the whisky when you drink or you add orange peel / vanilla pods let teh whisky sit and then drink?

Additional effort got song meh? :(

buy vanilla pod, then add vodka to extract. my whisky is proof 101.

i use that to add a bit to plain yogurt, add some to ownself make cheesecake. the flavor is much better

Edited by The_King

4 minutes ago, The_King said:

buy vanilla pod, then add vodka to extract. my whisky is proof 101.

i use that to add a bit to plain yogurt, add some to ownself make cheesecake. the flavor is much better

Jin satki 

Think the Scottish, Taiwanese & Jippunese single malts I tend to drink are all in the 40-46 ABV range, not 101 proof like your Wild Turkey lol 

Knn after a long time see a bottle of Stoli on your cabinet :( 

• wtf 1

40 minutes ago, coffeenut said:

Jin satki 

Think the Scottish, Taiwanese & Jippunese single malts I tend to drink are all in the 40-46 ABV range, not 101 proof like your Wild Turkey lol 

Knn after a long time see a bottle of Stoli on your cabinet :( 

that the cheapest proof 101 (ABV) and most decent  whisky  @ $62.10.  cause higher the ABV the better for extraction. Now $73 liao, so i stockpile 20 yr stock. and stoli, i buy at 37.XX and now cheapest is  chuan seng huat selling $40, the rest $50++++

SqZxzcc.jpg

Edited by The_King
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, The_King said:

that the cheapest proof 101 (ABV) and most decent  whisky  @ $62.10.  cause higher the ABV the better for extraction. Now $73 liao, so i stockpile 20 yr stock. and stoli, i buy at 37.XX and now cheapest is  chuan seng huat selling $40, the rest $50++++

Moi not looking to stock liao, so maybe got 1-2 bottles. And when want to buy, will check pricing and buy just one :(  Usually can disregard the super high priced ones, and get something that's good.

Wine at home got 2 bottles of Rutini Malbec. Last time welly cheap, but now slowly become more exp :( Duvel beer just buy from NTUC/FP when see - buy 4 bottles last one month liao 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, coffeenut said:

Moi not looking to stock liao, so maybe got 1-2 bottles. And when want to buy, will check pricing and buy just one :(  Usually can disregard the super high priced ones, and get something that's good.

Wine at home got 2 bottles of Rutini Malbec. Last time welly cheap, but now slowly become more exp :( Duvel beer just buy from NTUC/FP when see - buy 4 bottles last one month liao 

ntuc expensive, better price outside