People are selling McDonald's limited edition hoodie for up to $250 after McGriddles launch; also, Twister Fries are back

The_King

People are reselling limited edition McDonald’s hoodies for up to $250 after customers snapped up all 100 of them within minutes of the latest relaunch of the McGriddles sandwich on Wednesday morning (27 February).

The one-day-only promotional offer by McDonald’s Singapore was available only at the Springleaf Tower outlet in Tanjong Pagar. From 10am onwards, 100 customers were given a free hoodie together with a purchase of a Sausage McGriddles with Egg meal, which costs $6. The breakfast item combines maple syrup-infused griddle cakes with a chicken sausage patty.

When Yahoo Lifestyle Singapore arrived at Springleaf Tower right before the hoodie giveaway at 10am, there was a long queue which began from the entrance of the McDonald’s outlet and stretched around the building. Some of the customers had been queueing since 9pm the previous night.

The hoodie is a free-size grey sweatshirt with a stylised graphic of the McGriddles sandwich on the back.

https://www.facebook.com/yahoolifestylesg/videos/304587056917850/

Civil servant Jet Chew, 30, said she was buying the McGriddles for a friend and was queueing for the hoodie instead. “Most of them were here by 9pm plus or 10pm last night plus but I was here at 10pm,” said Chew.

Student Yu Zheng Heng, 17, was also in the queue. He said, “I think the McGriddles are one of the better breakfast burgers that they have, but I’m here more for the hoodie. I can always still get the McGriddles tomorrow.”

A check on online marketplace Carousell showed that sellers were offering the limited edition hoodie for prices ranging from $10 to $250.

3dc81456ab362c6945833cb57286c04e

Since there are only 100 of these hoodies in Singapore, people might actually be willing to buy them from resellers at such ridiculous prices.

The McGriddles will be officially launched only on Thursday (28 Feb) and will be available only during breakfast hours. There are two versions of the McGriddles – Sausage Mcgriddles ($4.50) and Sausage McGriddles with Egg ($5.40).

Besides bringing back McGriddles, McDonald’s is also serving the beloved Twister Fries again (so soon after Chinese New Year!) as well as launching a new menu item, Crispy Chicken.

The Chocolate Pie dessert is also back on the menu for a limited period.

Here’s what the promotional and new menu items look like:

https://sg.style.yahoo.com/people-selling-mcdonalds-limited-edition-hoodie-250-mcgriddles-launch-also-twister-fries-back-063639421.html

24 minutes ago, chamfer said:

I never trust macdonald's ad again after they make a few flops in their products.... lost of faith.

but i really miss the fried chicken many many yrs ago.... whahahaha!! 

I think about you. But I don't say it anymore -Marguerite Duras,