song bo????? taiwan economy q4 grew by 4.94% yoy!!!!!!!!

socrates469bc

13 hours ago, chamfer said:

I really regret not not going to taiwan and japan when i was given the opportunity while working in semicon industry.

Stupid of me thinking that sg will develop up the semicon as there was long term benefits.

allow me to share abit of sgp's economic history.

there was actually a plan to develop a sgp semicon industry back in the 1970s, same time as with taiwan.

the initiator of the plan was most likely GKS during his time as minister of defence, where he also oversaw dso and chartered industries (present ST Engineering).

however, Ah Gong decided to retire the old guards by the mid 1980s and let lao goh take over by the late 1980s.

this resulted in a change of economic focus from industrial to property speculation.

and as they said, the rest is history.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, chamfer said:

I really regret not not going to taiwan and japan when i was given the opportunity while working in semicon industry.

Stupid of me thinking that sg will develop up the semicon as there was long term benefits.

1 hour ago, socrates469bc said:

allow me to share abit of sgp's economic history.

there was actually a plan to develop a sgp semicon industry back in the 1970s, same time as with taiwan.

the initiator of the plan was most likely GKS during his time as minister of defence, where he also oversaw dso and chartered industries (present ST Engineering).

however, Ah Gong decided to retire the old guards by the mid 1980s and let lao goh take over by the late 1980s.

this resulted in a change of economic focus from industrial to property speculation.

and as they said, the rest is history.

They bred engineers then changed the direction of the economy.

They bred software developers then changed the direction of the economy.

They bred bio engineers then changed the direction of the economy.

Now they are scraping the barrel with hawkers.

Moral of the story, whatever the government is trying to encourage, don't do it, it will fuck up your life.

• Like 2

images.jpeg.956a9591793765da5b4865e1c832671b.jpeg