[Question] Is My Republic a good ISP? Or can recommand better?

Huat Zai

Looking for new ISP, My republic's HyperSpeed 10Gbps plan looks not bad, but not sure if they are any good.

Any recommendations?

Official Mugentech Minecraft server: Please see thread in Gamers

Able to business fiber? Their SLA much better

Anyway since ur high speed why not get 2 10Gbps, sing tel and mr then you can route the traffic the the better one, also as backup in case one goes down

• Wahaha 1

37 minutes ago, The_King said:

Why u need 10gbps? Wtf

33 minutes ago, The_King said:

Able to business fiber? Their SLA much better

Anyway since ur high speed why not get 2 10Gbps, sing tel and mr then you can route the traffic the the better one, also as backup in case one goes down

24 months contract mah, by then 10gbp will probably be the norm. 2 years ago 1gbp was the fastest shit around, now, what's this shit?

Which ISP do you recommend and what plan?

55 minutes ago, Huat Zai said:

24 months contract mah, by then 10gbp will probably be the norm. 2 years ago 1gbp was the fastest shit around, now, what's this shit?

Which ISP do you recommend and what plan?

i am using m1, my usage is suftweb, watch video and gaming, so far gaming ok and no lag or slowness

now i am waiting for simba for my new fiber plan

https://simba.sg/broadband

or this

https://whizcomms.com.sg/fibreplus-2-5gbps/

$21.XX for 2.5Gbps

also depend on your usage or for serious work, if serious see if you can sign up for buss fiber else get 2 cheapest fiber can liao

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, The_King said:

i am using m1, my usage is suftweb, watch video and gaming, so far gaming ok and no lag or slowness

or this

$21.XX for 2.5Gbps

also depend on your usage or for serious work, if serious see if you can sign up for buss fiber else get 2 cheapest fiber can liao

Woah, the simba plan like not bad, true 2.5gbp non-aggregated :oops:

whizcomms aggregated to 1gbp, split between 2 lines. From experience, 2 lines from the same provider is bs, isp down is all down, how many lines also no point.

Need to get own router though, any lobang?

Edited by Huat Zai
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, The_King said:

or this

$21.XX for 2.5Gbps

7 minutes ago, Huat Zai said:

whizcomms aggregated to 1gbp, split between 2 lines. From experience, 2 lines from the same provider is bs, isp down is all down, how many lines also no point.

Gan, not available in my area yet :curse:

2 hours ago, Huat Zai said:

Looking for new ISP, My republic's HyperSpeed 10Gbps plan looks not bad, but not sure if they are any good.

Any recommendations?

Do chiu nid such speed?

• Like 2

10gbps is unnecessary.

right now any single international connection outside of Singapore hardly exceeds 300mbps

so unless you do BitTorrent which has multiple download streams then is ok, but subject to ISP traffic shaping, again will be slower. no ISP will let u max out on their international pipe that they need to pay for.

back to 10gbps, in order to download at 10gbps in sg u at least need the local server that can send at 10gbps. so at most if you are heavy user, u can go for 2gbps (I'll stick to 1g) with multiple streams

for me m1 is best balance. MR is under starhub, not too bad.

Edited by aaur4man
  • Like 3

beastgohan-gohanbeast.gif

10 minutes ago, Huat Zai said:

Router chiu can see isp website and their model. The google the newer better models.. unless chiu do live stream 365 or pro gamer else no nid 10gbps.... 

• Like 1

Just now, XianGe said:

Do chiu nid such speed?

2 minutes ago, aaur4man said:

10gbps is unnecessary.

right now any single international connection outside of Singapore hardly exceeds 300mbps

so unless you do BitTorrent which has multiple download streams then is ok, but subject to ISP traffic shaping, again will be slower. no ISP will let u max out on their international pipe that they need to pay for.

back to 10gbps, in order to download at 10gbps in sg u at least need the local server that can send at 10gbps. so at most if you are heavy user, u can go for 2gbps (I'll stick to 1g) with multiple streams

for me m1 is best balance. MR is under starhub, not too bad.

Actually don't need 10gbp, moi just like

7QO4gHN.gif

1 minute ago, XianGe said:

Then simba lo... Cheaper faster better 

sian 1/2, they haven't roll out to my area

7 minutes ago, Huat Zai said:

lobang dont have

asus router in amazon US is around 20 to30% cheaper then SG

this one in us amazon is usd 240. not bad WAN is 2.5,and 1 LAN port is 2.5G

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-RT-AX88U-Extendable-Rangeboost-Subscription-Free/dp/B0BTTY7QFH

RT-AX88U-Pro_2.5G.png

amazon sg is $600

https://www.amazon.sg/ASUS-AX6000-Lifetime-Security-Adaptive/dp/B07HM6KJN8

shoppee is $450 but china version

https://shopee.sg/Asus-RT-AX88U-Pro-(AX6000)-Dual-band-WiFi-6-Scalable-Gaming-Router-dual-2.5G-ports-Rangeboost-Plus-Port-replacement-VPN-AiMesh-compatible-i.1162904771.25811722693

i hear different country the Wifi freq not the same but usa and SG can work (you need to check on it)

• Like 1

in short ONT = you can fully use the feature of whatever your router have, if you want to setup vpn on your router also can, port forward, etc......

ONR = ISP can connect to the onr to update firmware as it a open port, if you install your own router, it have to be ap mode or bridge mode, you have limited option to do setup on their onr, i dont think you can setup your vpn on the onr or do port forward

Edited by The_King
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Huat Zai said:

Actually don't need 10gbp, moi just like

7QO4gHN.gif

then most important is the IP stack and peering. m1 has overall good peering all round compared to singtel. starhub also quite good. viewqwest used to be best, but tiagong reliability is an issue.

m1 gives dynamic IPv4+IPv6 which is rare for SG ISP. this is dumb considering gov investing to break 1gbps islandwide.

the rest some is IPv4 only but most shifting towards CGNAT which is a SHARED IPv4. thats adds extra latency and if the network equipment is not good enough, even slower response.

thats why i cancelled whizcomms. 

but if u just do YouTube, tiktok google drive, netflix etc. they most likely have local servers so most of the time u cant tell a big difference. but if lets say u buy some tv stream box thats connected out of the country then it can have a big impact on ur streaming, from usable to unusable.

• Like 3

beastgohan-gohanbeast.gif

I just signed up to MyRepublic 2Gbps gamer line. Is actually 2 x 1Gbps. Separating my home broadband connection to my work broadband connection.

I took their ASUS ROG GT-AX11000 Wi-Fi 6 Router offering and signed on for 24 months. Their router offering are using the commercial standard firmware. I asked before signing up and taking their free router. 3 years warranty siah!

I still have another ASUS ROG GT-AX11000 Wi-Fi 6 Router, brand new, anyone wants to buy at $600? LOL

Anyway, first appointment already farked up. Told them my new place is under renovations and need NLT to attend site to install a new FTP as my renovations contractor removed the old one and threw it away...

So had to reach out to their online chat via a link sent by sms that didn't work at first. Now rescheduled the appointment from today to next... fun times!

Still haven't received a email confirmation from them for the new appointments...

Edited by DynamiteZerg
  • wtf 2