Highly paid Lion City man in his 30s explains why he seeks Vietnamese brides and matchmaking agencies

The_King

In the past, Vietnamese brides and marriage agencies gave people the impression that only middle-aged men went there to find partners, but the industry revealed that now more local young and successful men are also looking for partners through Vietnam brides and marriage agencies. Three local men in their 30s and 40s who were interviewed by "8 Vision News Network" confessed that "free love is not easy." Some people have recently arranged blind dates through Vietnamese bride matchmaking services.

Monthly salary exceeds 10,000 yuan, but "Andy Lau is not my father"

Mr. He (pseudonym), a 35-year-old Singaporean, is a software engineer with a monthly salary of over 10,000. He recently started looking for a partner through a Vietnamese bride and matchmaking agency.

He said that he had little experience in love and was about to become a "rare animal".

"The nature of my job does not help me expand my social circle in life. I have been coding, and the only objects I 'flirt with' are computers. I don't have the habit of going to nightclubs or bars."

Mr. He has also met girls through dating apps before. "There is an app that I have paid membership fees for several years. The company could have given me a 'Loyalty Customer Award'."

However, he said that because of his average appearance and "Andy Lau is not my father," he has no advantage when using dating apps.

istock-1179846145.jpg?itok=h4Qp6b4D

Mr. He has met girls through dating apps before, but he has never met the right person. (Photo: iStock)

In addition, as he gets older, if he meets a girl who makes him feel wrong, he will not continue to date her.

"I always believe that I would rather be single than marry the wrong person."

Mr. He said that since the date was fruitless and he didn’t care about the nationality of his partner, he might as well “outsource” finding a partner to a dating agency.

Maternal and fetal single dating search for ten years to no avail

Mr. Lee (pseudonym), who is in his 40s, is a graduate of the National University of Singapore and is currently a civil servant. He found his partner through a Vietnamese bridal agency about five years ago.

Mr. Li has always been "single from birth to mother" before. He said: "When I was studying, I had no dating experience. After I started working, it was unlikely that I would date my colleagues, and there were not many of them."

During the ten years between his 20s and 30s, he also met people of the opposite sex through dating apps and attending events at matchmaking companies, but he still couldn't find the right person.

He said: "I'm shorter, so I don't really attract the attention of the opposite sex, especially on dating apps. I also tend to fall in love with people very quickly, which some people find weird."

Later, Mr. Li saw the information of local Vietnamese bride matchmaking on the Internet. Seeing that he was almost 40 years old, he also wanted to start a family as soon as possible, so he spent money to participate in a blind date, and finally successfully found his current wife a few months later.

He described his relationship with his Vietnamese wife as great. "For me, the ideal relationship is one where both parties are equal. This is what I told my wife very early on. We have never met each other, and I have a much higher education than her, but I will still treat her as an equal."

istock-1555729598.jpg?itok=FAbi1hjV

Diagram: Mr. Li described that his relationship with his Vietnamese wife was very good after marriage. (Photo: iStock)

"Many marriages fail because the husband thinks the wife has come here from overseas and that she 'owes' him in some way. But my wife also left her family, her friends and her country. It was a huge one. Sacrifice must be respected and communicated by both parties for the marriage to continue.”

Do not rule out finding a partner through Vietnamese bride matchmaking agency

Mr. T (pseudonym), 32, has a master's degree and is an artificial intelligence software engineer. He recently contacted a Vietnamese bride and grooming agency out of curiosity, but did not spend any money to buy any packages.

Currently single, he still uses other ways to meet members of the opposite sex, such as dating apps, introductions from friends, etc. However, he does not rule out meeting a partner through a Vietnamese bride matchmaking agency in the future.

Mr. T said that for now, he would first see if he could find his partner through ordinary dating.

He said: "Agencies like this (Vietnamese Bridal Matchmaking) are a glimmer of hope for most of us. We live in an era where the 'dating world' is fragmented. "

He believes that in the general dating process, single men today must be more proactive, motivated, diligent, and even "desperate" in order to hope to find an ideal partner.

Industry: The number of young professional male customers has increased in recent years

Recently , news about a 17-year-old Vietnamese girl’s local marriage search has aroused heated discussion . Eric Koh, the head of B&G Vietnam Bridal Matchmaking Agency, revealed: “In fact, there are also many local men with good conditions, in their 30s and early 40s, who are also looking for partners through Vietnamese Bridal Matchmaking Agency. They are all professionals.”

Eric Koh has been running a matchmaking agency for more than five years. He said that he only provides services for men with a monthly salary of more than 4,000 yuan , so 90% of his clients are professionals or college graduates.

According to his observation, "Now more younger men can accept Vietnamese brides. Before, most of my clients were men in their 40s."

• Like 2