Coffee machine sent for repairs in Thailand houses a graveyard of cockroaches

The_King

13 minutes ago, The_King said:

robot can last a long time mag. when i buy, i was one of the first batch

maybe aero press but nothing is confirm yet

for aeropress, you buy lot of filter paper?

Aeropress filter paper comes in a pack of 360 - last you 1 yr if everyday 1 cup

There is also a metal filter - you use, wash and keep using it - no need buy paper filters lol

But metal filter lets in some oils which the paper absorbs. So it is a choice - whether want a very clean coffee, or are okay with the metal filter. 

I think you buy AP with paper filter (this comes anyway with the AP box). Later after that box finish, you can buy a metal filter. AP ownself started making a metal filter, but I'll recommend the metal filters made by Able - they have 2 discs - one super fine, and another with slightly bigger holes. 

AP paper replacement filter pack of 2 on Amazon https://www.amazon.sg/dp/B005UPSLX8/

Metal filter disc for AP from Able - https://www.amazon.sg/dp/B00E58P81E/

Maybe can get cheaper on Carouhell/Shoppee

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, coffeenut said:

Aeropress filter paper comes in a pack of 360 - last you 1 yr if everyday 1 cup

There is also a metal filter - you use, wash and keep using it - no need buy paper filters lol

But metal filter lets in some oils which the paper absorbs. So it is a choice - whether want a very clean coffee, or are okay with the metal filter. 

I think you buy AP with paper filter (this comes anyway with the AP box). Later after that box finish, you can buy a metal filter. AP ownself started making a metal filter, but I'll recommend the metal filters made by Able - they have 2 discs - one super fine, and another with slightly bigger holes. 

AP paper replacement filter pack of 2 on Amazon https://www.amazon.sg/dp/B005UPSLX8/

Metal filter disc for AP from Able - https://www.amazon.sg/dp/B00E58P81E/

Maybe can get cheaper on Carouhell/Shoppee

The fine and super fine, what the different.

Kopi go kopi is the best

1 minute ago, The_King said:

The fine and super fine, what the different.

Kopi go kopi is the best

dLxaVnN.jpeg

Difference in the size of holes. Your coffee once you brew and press through - some of the coffee particles will pass through the tiny holes. The super fine lets in fewer coffee particles.

So when you drink, it will feel cleaner, smoother. Like when you drinking from French Press - you pour out from the French Press into a mug - after you finish drinking from the coffee mug, got some coffee particles and silt at the bottom. The extra fine will have less silt at the bottom compared to the one on the right. But both should be less than your French Press 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coffeenut said:

dLxaVnN.jpeg

Difference in the size of holes. Your coffee once you brew and press through - some of the coffee particles will pass through the tiny holes. The super fine lets in fewer coffee particles.

So when you drink, it will feel cleaner, smoother. Like when you drinking from French Press - you pour out from the French Press into a mug - after you finish drinking from the coffee mug, got some coffee particles and silt at the bottom. The extra fine will have less silt at the bottom compared to the one on the right. But both should be less than your French Press 

If given a choice will you get aero press again or other better choice

No better choice for a strong cup of coffee, and the brewer is portable and versatile

o8xW2CF.jpeg

I've had the ones marked with numbers. 

1 - was a gift from a forumer on Coffeegeek - but BPA fears so didn't use it after 10-15 times :p

2 - Bought this one when it came out and used for like 4-5 years, then the rubber plunger seal got wonky and decided to buy a new AP.  Went through 2 filter packs so 700 cups

3 - Bought this one in 2016, I think. Still have it - works great. Been through another 2 filter packs - so 700 cups. Changed the rubber seal last year - $6 spare

4 - During early COVID - like March 2020, bought the 4th one - just cos looked different and red lettering :wahaha:

So now got 3 and 4 - the material is fine and doesn't scratch. Usually brew, wash in warm water, Wipe dry, leave to dry completely then store

• wtf 1

26 minutes ago, The_King said:

This is a brew in real time .. can see how easy it is to make at home, finish, clean .. 

When you use paper filter, you can throw it away when you tap the coffee out - but if metal filter, remember to fish it out and wash :wahaha:

This is just one of the ways to use the AP. I did soemthing like this when started with it, but liek from 2012 onwards, I do inverted brews. 

Also, use a metal pitcher to press the Aeropress into. Many many YTbers keep pressing into glass carafes - it certainly helps for videos so you can see the flow, but higher risk of the glass shattering under pressure - end up hurt yourself + create a mess. A milk pitcher or any other steel vessel is fine. Plus will cool your coffee down so you can start drinking 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, coffeenut said:

No better choice for a strong cup of coffee, and the brewer is portable and versatile

o8xW2CF.jpeg

I've had the ones marked with numbers. 

1 - was a gift from a forumer on Coffeegeek - but BPA fears so didn't use it after 10-15 times :p

2 - Bought this one when it came out and used for like 4-5 years, then the rubber plunger seal got wonky and decided to buy a new AP.  Went through 2 filter packs so 700 cups

3 - Bought this one in 2016, I think. Still have it - works great. Been through another 2 filter packs - so 700 cups. Changed the rubber seal last year - $6 spare

4 - During early COVID - like March 2020, bought the 4th one - just cos looked different and red lettering :wahaha:

So now got 3 and 4 - the material is fine and doesn't scratch. Usually brew, wash in warm water, Wipe dry, leave to dry completely then store

the problem with plastic, even if no BPA, there still other chemical. they remove BPA but they still have other chemical like BPS, BPF etc...

CNA say BPS behave the same way as BPA, the plastic that is good is triton or called polyester plastic

do you know anything about flair cause it was my 2nd choice after robot?

2 minutes ago, The_King said:

the problem with plastic, even if no BPA, there still other chemical. they remove BPA but they still have other chemical like BPS, BPF etc...

CNA say BPS behave the same way as BPA, the plastic that is good is triton or called polyester plastic

do you know anything about flair cause it was my 2nd choice after robot?

The new AP clear made of Tritan .. more heat resistant and will leach into the coffee. Plastic bottles, pipes .. all contain plastic already. Water purifier, RO system - again plastic. Really is cannot escape - so might as well. 

APpresserAmazonheroimages-fb-compressed_

Wit Flair, probably best to get the Flair 58 which comes with the pressure gauge, and preheating electric setup. Other models without the electric heating supply for pre-heating the brew chamber drop a lot of temperature when you pour boiling water. 

Flair 58 wins over the Cafelat Robot in flexibility but it is more expensive also, I think. Robot pricing is comparable with the non electric Flair Pro/Pro 2/Neo. But then I'd choose the Robot over that model. 

You watch videos of people brewing both in real time - Flair 58 vs Cafelat Robot - see which one easier for you. Robot I think is easier to clean. 

• Wahaha 1

2 minutes ago, coffeenut said:

The new AP clear made of Tritan .. more heat resistant and will leach into the coffee. Plastic bottles, pipes .. all contain plastic already. Water purifier, RO system - again plastic. Really is cannot escape - so might as well. 

APpresserAmazonheroimages-fb-compressed_

Wit Flair, probably best to get the Flair 58 which comes with the pressure gauge, and preheating electric setup. Other models without the electric heating supply for pre-heating the brew chamber drop a lot of temperature when you pour boiling water. 

Flair 58 wins over the Cafelat Robot in flexibility but it is more expensive also, I think. Robot pricing is comparable with the non electric Flair Pro/Pro 2/Neo. But then I'd choose the Robot over that model. 

You watch videos of people brewing both in real time - Flair 58 vs Cafelat Robot - see which one easier for you. Robot I think is easier to clean. 

same thinking, that why i choose robot

didt know the new aero is Tritan . in that case Tritan should be safer. this one right?

https://aeropress.com/products/aeropress-clear

i guess i try the metal filter, i alway love my kopi with more oil

same thinking, that why i choose robot

didt know the new aero is Tritan . in that case Tritan should be safer. this one right?

https://aeropress.com/products/aeropress-clear

i guess i try the metal filter, i alway love my kopi with more oil

Dunno whether Tritan is safer and to what extent, but I think Tritan has a higher heat resistance compared to many of the plastics used. 

Yeah, you buy the AP Clear with the paper filters first (it comes standard with the package) - see how it tastes. Then buy a pair of Able metal filters - then you can check the difference and decide which one tastes better to you. 

You can use it to make fake espressos as in 18-20g of coffee with 50/60g of water and get a concentrated brew of about 40g. Or use regular ratio - 15g coffee to 240g water 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, coffeenut said:

Dunno whether Tritan is safer and to what extent, but I think Tritan has a higher heat resistance compared to many of the plastics used. 

Yeah, you buy the AP Clear with the paper filters first (it comes standard with the package) - see how it tastes. Then buy a pair of Able metal filters - then you can check the difference and decide which one tastes better to you. 

You can use it to make fake espressos as in 18-20g of coffee with 50/60g of water and get a concentrated brew of about 40g. Or use regular ratio - 15g coffee to 240g water 

many thanks,

i just get aero, no need spend so much on kopi .

2 minutes ago, The_King said:

many thanks,

i just get aero, no need spend so much on kopi .

Correct. Get AP, get a milk pitcher that you can use to press the Aeropress into like the Tim Wendleboe beedio. Add 2 blocks of ice - make a nice summer drink :s 

Save the $$ - buy better quality coffee instead. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, coffeenut said:

Correct. Get AP, get a milk pitcher that you can use to press the Aeropress into like the Tim Wendleboe beedio. Add 2 blocks of ice - make a nice summer drink :s 

Save the $$ - buy better quality coffee instead. 

me only drink black kopi, i use to drink espresso from this but got lazy so nv make liao, that explain my grinder.

nvm my grinder unscrew everything to wash then get ready for AP

61614cg9DSS.jpg

3 minutes ago, The_King said:

me only drink black kopi, i use to drink espresso from this but got lazy so nv make liao, that explain my grinder.

nvm my grinder unscrew everything to wash then get ready for AP

61614cg9DSS.jpg

Knn you got a La Pavoni get it serviced so the seals are checked and replaced -then make espresso with it. Can make on weekends. Weekdays use the AP :s 

• Wahaha 1

6 minutes ago, coffeenut said:

Knn you got a La Pavoni get it serviced so the seals are checked and replaced -then make espresso with it. Can make on weekends. Weekdays use the AP :s 

i sold it last yr. it was sitting on my storeroom for 2yr. so i thought after selling it, can get robot but i know robot cannot compare with La Pavoni.

maybe when i retire, next, i get a new La Pavoni

25 minutes ago, The_King said:

i sold it last yr. it was sitting on my storeroom for 2yr. so i thought after selling it, can get robot but i know robot cannot compare with La Pavoni.

maybe when i retire, next, i get a new La Pavoni

They are too expensive for wht thay do :( 

Like that might as well buy a basic ECM/Profitec or a GCP/Rancilio machine :( Last you 20+ yrs 

6 minutes ago, coffeenut said:

They are too expensive for wht thay do :( 

Like that might as well buy a basic ECM/Profitec or a GCP/Rancilio machine :( Last you 20+ yrs 

no worry, no plan to buy all these, i quit already , no way i going to burn cash like 12 yr ago

either robot or AP, but i will read up more first