Minisforum V3 FULL Walkthrough. Ryzen 7 8840U Windows 11 Pro Tablet

5 minutes ago, The_King said:

@Huat Zai

got any intro on mini pc, laptop that using 780m igpu?

i cant seem to find laptop that just use 780m. those that have will add in RTX 3050 to make it more expensive

Like this one?

https://shopee.sg/Beelink-SER7-Mini-PC-Ryzen-7-7840HS-(8C-16T-up-to-5.1GHz)-Mini-Computer-AMD-Radeon-780M-32GB-DDR5-1TB-SSD-Micro-Desk-i.1019535751.25165739434?sp_atk=cf58e5b3-c492-49e7-8dc2-d7f655c07fdd&xptdk=cf58e5b3-c492-49e7-8dc2-d7f655c07fdd

I don't own one though, so not sure of the performance

Official Mugentech Minecraft server: Please see thread in Gamers

10 minutes ago, The_King said:

@Huat Zai

got any intro on mini pc, laptop that using 780m igpu?

i cant seem to find laptop that just use 780m. those that have will add in RTX 3050 to make it more expensive

This one is from the official store

https://shopee.sg/Minisforum-Mini-PC-EliteMini-UM780-XTX-AMD-Ryzen-7-7840HS-Windows-11-DDR5-5600MHz-M.2-2280-PCIe4.0-SSD-Desktop-Computer-i.867029873.22487194161?sp_atk=83e4c42a-7aab-4812-9d11-175ae4b65864&xptdk=83e4c42a-7aab-4812-9d11-175ae4b65864

27 minutes ago, Huat Zai said:

Their price is expensive at 1k no ram and hdd cause laptop 1.1k can get rtx 2050  with ssd abd 16gb ram but I was hoping new model mean use less power with igpu

Edited by The_King

Too bad Sinkieland not cold like Switzerland or Norway - then can buy a server class cabinet, put stuff inside and run whole home setup with a bunch of VMs :( 

3 months run AC to keep the server closet cool, rest of year just open window have air filter inbetween for cooling :s 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The_King said:

Their price is expensive at 1k no ram and hdd cause laptop 1.1k can get rtx 2050  with ssd abd 16gb ram but I was hoping new model mean use less power with igpu

The cheapest mini pc I've seen with 780m is

https://shopee.sg/GMKtec-K4-Mini-Pc-AMD-Ryzen-9-7940HS-DDR5-NVME-5600MT-S-SSD-Max-5.2GHz-Windows-11-Pro-16GB-1TB-32GB-1TB-WIFI6-Computer-Pc-Gaming-i.531251817.21881222023?sp_atk=002b5d9f-7e68-4f5c-a519-266eb1352b50&xptdk=002b5d9f-7e68-4f5c-a519-266eb1352b50

But GMKtec not as well known as Beelink, not sure of quality. The market price is like that leh, want cheap, want fresh, no big breasts leh

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Huat Zai said:

is aftershock hardware quality as good as asus or msi?

asus spec like not bad

Ryzen™ 5 7535HS Processor 3.3GHz (19MB Cache, up to 4.55 GHz, 6 cores, 12 Threads)

Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 2050

Display: 15.6" Full HD 1920x1080 144Hz Display IPS Level

Memory: 16GB DDR5-5600 SO-DIMM

MSI also not bad

Intel® Core™ i5-12450H Processor

NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 2050 4GB

16GB (8GB*2) DDR4 RAM

15.6" Full HD 1920x1080 144Hz Display IPS Level

Edited by The_King

Just now, The_King said:

is aftershock hardware as good as asus or msi?

asus spec like not bad

Ryzen™ 5 7535HS Processor 3.3GHz (19MB Cache, up to 4.55 GHz, 6 cores, 12 Threads)

Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 2050

Display: 15.6" Full HD 1920x1080 144Hz Display IPS Level

Memory: 16GB DDR5-5600 SO-DIMM

MSI also not bad

Intel® Core™ i5-12450H Processor

NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 2050 4GB

16GB (8GB*2) DDR4 RAM

15.6" Full HD 1920x1080 144Hz Display IPS Level

asus hardware hasn't been very good these few years, MSI ok ok but they like to target low end market, so you know lah.

Aftershock is actually selling Clevo white labelled, which is one of the biggest white label laptop company now, I don't own one, so not sure.

Just now, Huat Zai said:

asus hardware hasn't been very good these few years, MSI ok ok but they like to target low end market, so you know lah.

Aftershock is actually selling Clevo white labelled, which is one of the biggest white label laptop company now, I don't own one, so not sure.

you mean their laptop is using Clevo OEM?

maybe i wait for sales then upgrade their warranty to 3yr

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_King said:

you mean their laptop is using Clevo OEM?

maybe i wait for sales then upgrade their warranty to 3yr

yup, if you cross reference their products with Clevo OEM, it's all there.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Huat Zai said:

yup, if you cross reference their products with Clevo OEM, it's all there.

thanks then i wait for sales then get and upgrade warranty to 3 yr

also asus, msi and afershock, which one you choose?

Edited by The_King

58 minutes ago, The_King said:

thanks then i wait for sales then get and upgrade warranty to 3 yr

also asus, msi and afershock, which one you choose?

For the price, I find aftershock gives the best value for money, tia gong all their after sales services suck, than might as well go for cost.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Huat Zai said:

For the price, I find aftershock gives the best value for money, tia gong all their after sales services suck, than might as well go for cost.

their sites dont even have a link to download the latest firmware patch, or latest driver

asus one is old model year 2021 but they still releasing firmware patch. last bios update is 2024 jan

https://www.asus.com/laptops/for-gaming/tuf-gaming/2021-asus-tuf-gaming-a15/helpdesk_bios?model2Name=FA506NF

1 minute ago, The_King said:

their sites dont even have a link to download the latest firmware patch, or latest driver

asus one is old model year 2021 but they still releasing firmware patch. last bios update is 2024 jan

https://www.asus.com/laptops/for-gaming/tuf-gaming/2021-asus-tuf-gaming-a15/helpdesk_bios?model2Name=FA506NF

Asus quality seems to have dropped in the recent years though, ymmv.

Just now, Huat Zai said:

Asus quality seems to have dropped in the recent years though, ymmv.

i mean, asus, msi, hp, dell, any company is ok as long as they got release patch, some firmware patch is security or to make the devices more stable etc...

aftershock dont even have a link to update the latest patch, mean it just like any other sls shop and want user to find the latest driver or patch themself

driver i can find, bios firmware, how to

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_King said:

i mean, asus, msi, hp, dell, any company is ok as long as they got release patch, some firmware patch is security or to make the devices more stable etc...

aftershock dont even have a link to update the latest patch, mean it just like any other sls shop and want user to find the latest driver or patch themself

driver i can find, bios firmware, how to

I usually end up turning my sets into linux machines anyways, so all these looking for updates is normal for me.

11 minutes ago, Huat Zai said:

I usually end up turning my sets into linux machines anyways, so all these looking for updates is normal for me.

me at most dual boot mint and 11

how u find bios firmware patch if company dont release or update the firmware patch?