Spice girl Melanie B broke after divorce, Made 80million pounds to only 700 pounds

The_King

SPICE Girl Mel B has revealed how she was left so broke after walking out on her abusive marriage that she took to shopping in budget stores Lidl and Costco to save cash.

Melanie Brown, 48, returned to her native Leeds in 2019 — a year after divorcing abusive ex Stephen Belafonte.

But she was so drained of cash following the ten-year marriage she was forced to move in to mum Andrea’s bungalow with her three kids.

Mel, who has made more than £80million in her career, says: “People will assume, ‘She’s rich, she’s a Spice Girl’.

“But I went from performing to thousands at Wembley on the Spice Girls’ 13-date Reunion Tour in 2019 to squeezing into my mum’s with my kids sleeping in bed with me.

“I didn’t expect that to happen in my 40s after a successful career but I had nowhere else to go.

“Because I was so badly affected financially from my relationship, I had to pick up the pieces.”

When Melanie Brown walked out of her abusive ten-year marriage in 2017 she had just £700 in the bank with costly divorce and custody battles to fight.

It has taken her five years to save the cash to move out of her mum’s, and she finally exchanged on a converted farmhouse in West Yorkshire earlier this month.

Although Mel had carved out a successful career during her ten-year stint living in Los Angeles, appearing in the US version of Strictly, Dancing With The Stars, and as a judge on America’s Got Talent, she claims she lost control of her fortune while married to film producer Belafonte, 48.

• wtf 4