Women make a riot at Jewel Changi store

The_King

• go

Figure: Respondents provided

The woman broke into a Jewellery Changi store, not only overturning the table and smashing the items in the store, but when the female manager tried to stop it, she grabbed the other person's hair and dragged it outside the store.

The incident took place at Sauce Legend, a retail and experience store opened by Nanyang Soy Sauce. Li Peiying, the general manager of Nanyang Soy Sauce, who was in the store at the time of the incident, told 8 Vision News that she was entertaining a mother and daughter at about 1 pm today (27th). Just as she was about to collect the payment, a woman suddenly ran into the store and overturned the table where the tasting items were placed.

"She's quite strong, and after turning over the whole table, she smashed some of our stuff."

whatsapp_image_2022-08-27_at_5.36.43_pm.

The counter looked like a mess after the incident. (Picture: Provided by respondents)

The "treasure" in the store was damaged

The photos and videos provided by Li Peiying showed that the counter looked like a mess after the incident. The table on which the rice cooker was placed was overturned, the Hainanese chicken rice in the rice cooker was scattered on the ground, and plates and plastic cutlery were scattered. Nearby, there are still some bottles on the ground.

In addition, the women smashed the trophy for the Intangible Cultural Heritage Inheritor Award placed in the store. Today, all that remains of the trophy is the empty pedestal.

Li Peiying said: "It was the most precious thing in our store. The trophy was glass, and she smashed it."

whatsapp_image_2022-08-27_at_5.36.44_pm.

Women have come at least twice

Li Peiying said that when she saw the other party rushing over, she thought she had made a customer angry, and only later recognized the woman who had been to the store.

She recalled that the woman had been to the store at least twice between June and July. "I remember her because when I was talking to her, I found that everything she was saying to me was incoherent. I couldn't understand what she was talking about, I would run into her sometimes and she would come into our store and talk Say a few words, and then go out again."

She described the woman as looking in her 50s or 60s, with a small stature, and every time she was seen wearing a long dress, carrying a backpack and carrying some bags.

Li Peiying said that today is the first time women are so aggressive. Physical confrontation with the woman occurred as she tried to stop the other party from causing further damage and to keep her from leaving. "I didn't expect that she wouldn't let go as soon as she grabbed my hair, and kept pulling me from the store to the outside."

She said two men tried to dissuade the woman from letting go after witnessing the incident. "They didn't move her, they kept saying to her: 'I see what you did, just let go'. After that, another bigger man came (intervened), and she let go and ran away. already."

whatsapp_image_2022-08-27_at_5.36.50_pm.

Thanks to the public for helping customers accompany them

Li Peiying said that she is not in serious trouble at the moment, she just has a headache, but she does not need treatment. It was the first time she encountered such a thing that she stood on the scene and cried non-stop, and she still has lingering fears.

She is very grateful to the mother and daughter customers who have been with her, the public who discouraged her, and the Jewelry Changi staff who came to help.

“People around me didn’t stand by. Especially my customers, they (mother and daughter) are also very nice, they are tourists who only came to Singapore today, and they stayed with me until the Jewelry Changi staff came, and they didn’t leave with confidence. ."

Li Peiying revealed that she had called the police. Police confirmed they were called at 2.20pm today and no one was injured and police are still investigating the incident.

• wtf 1