Singapore Airlines Now Calls Delayed Flights “Retimed”

The_King

Used or open-box merchandise became preowned or recertified, and Singapore Airlines now calls delayed flights “retimed” based on an email I received from them when I was on a cab to the airport in Bali last week.

You can access Singapore Airlines here.

Email From Singapore Airlines:

Singapore-Airlines-Flight-Delay.png

The email was sent well after the Singapore – Bali flight had departed. It was also way too optimistic about how fast they could turn the aircraft around (deboarding, cleaning & catering).

The only positive I can think of that may come out of “retiming” a flight rather than saying there is a delay is that the check-in desks may stay open longer.

I wish, however, that I had known about this hour delay earlier because I could have left for the airport an hour later. The lounge that most airlines currently use in Bali and which was the only one open in the morning is not a place to spend more than a few minutes,

Conclusion

I understand if an airline retimes a flight a few days to a week before it is scheduled to operate, but it was simply an operational delay in my case.

Perhaps the flight was waiting for some connecting passengers? As a result, some passengers on this flight (I only saw 10 passengers on the baggage claim on a full flight) missed their connections (I saw a list that the ground agent gave to the FA once the door was opened). Not good.

I am glad that Singapore Airlines sent out an email about this delay, but let’s call it what it really is and not spin it to sound like something beyond their control.

https://loyaltylobby.com/2022/06/07/singapore-airlines-now-calls-delayed-flights-retimed/

• Like 1
  • Wahaha 1

These phrasing is to "deflect" or "Damage" limitation techniques used by corporate communication!

You see the same when SMaRT uses "Train Fault"!  

Poopies minuters also uses "No blame culture"! 

All these are part or media training! 

• Wahaha 1