'Avengers: Endgame': Official synopsis and runtime revealed

The_King

Marvel promises a “grand conclusion” as “the remaining Avengers take one final stand.”

The one-month countdown to Avengers: Endgame is on, and Disney continues to tantalize us with drips and drabs about the film that brings to a close the first three phases of the Marvel Cinematic Universe that began with 2008’s Iron Man.

Today, we got the official synopsis for the hugely anticipated film, which, as expected, is light on details.

The grave course of events set in motion by Thanos that wiped out half the universe and fractured the Avengers ranks compels the remaining Avengers to take one final stand in Marvel Studios’ grand conclusion to 22 films, “Avengers: Endgame.”

Meanwhile, AMC Theatres’s website has been updated to note that the film will run three hours and two minutes — the longest for any MCU entry yet — although Disney still lists the runtime as “TBD” on its press site.

Release date

The film is slated to hit theaters at 12:01 a.m. on April 26, 2019. Tickets are expected to go on sale within the next few days.

Trailers

So far Marvel has released three trailers for Endgame. The first dropped on Dec. 7, revealing that Iron Man and Nebula were adrift in space and running low on options, while the rest of the surviving Avengers were back at HQ assessing the toll of the Snapture (not Shuri!), Thanos was ready to retire from the bad-guy business, Hawkeye was back in action (in a new guise) and Ant-Man had managed to escape the Quantum Realm to inject a bit of humor in the otherwise dark two-minute, 22-second preview. The clip quickly set a record with 289 million views in 24 hours.

Get our complete breakdown of the first trailer and watch it below:

Next up was a 30-second spot during the Super Bowl on Feb. 3, with a clean-shaven Captain America, Black Widow, Ant-Man, War Machine, the Hulk-less Bruce Banner and Rocket trying to figure out how to avenge the universe.

Watch the Super Bowl spot:

The most recent full-length trailer dropped March 14, interweaving footage from the past 22 MCU films along with new footage that included action sequences, shots of the reassembled Avengers (including Tony Stark and Nebula) in matching uniforms that resemble Ant-Man’s Quantum Realm suit, Hawkeye’s fresh (and meme-able) hairdo and the introduction of Captain Marvel to Earth’s Mightiest Heroes.

Get our full recap of the second trailer and watch it below:

On March 21, another TV spot came. Titled “Honor,” the 30-second clip shows all the casualties of the Snap and Captain America rallying the remaining troops.

https://sg.yahoo.com/news/avengers-endgame-official-synopsis-runtime-revealed-223405259.html

31 minutes ago, XianGe said:

Antman and Dr strange ok ba... 

No interest in the character at all

the only marvel movies i watch are: iron man 1, 2 and 3, avenger, cap america civil war (because of iron man). and i watch thor a bit when get his power or lose power, and of course most marvel end credit.

the rest of the marvel i never watch, even if you give me $1000 to name the story or part of the movies, i want that money also can tell.

Edited by The_King