How Often Does Udemy Have Sales? (+ Latest Offers)

beautifuldays

For many, Udemy provides a convenient and affordable way to learn new skills.

And often when you visit the Udemy site there seems to be some kind of offer or sale on.

Which leads many people to wonder how often does Udemy have sales?

Udemy has sales of one sort or another running every single day of the year. It runs seasonal campaigns like Black Friday and New Years, but it also has offers for new students available all the time.

In this article, I’ll take look at how often Udemy holds a sale, and show you an easy way to get that course you wanted at a discount at any time of the year

Does Udemy Always Have Sales?

Udemy’s sales usually offer a massive discount on the full price. It’s not uncommon to see a course offered at $199 full price reduced to just $10.

Regular students know that it is not worth buying a Udemy course at full price. Sooner or later the course you want to enrol in will be on sale.

I’ve taken courses on Udemy myself and received countless email campaigns throughout the year promoting different offers (see below for a list of when they run sales promotions around the year).

But some have even suggested that the courses are actually permanently on sale. Check out this comment on a Reddit thread about Udemy:

Whilst researching this further I also came across this comment, again on a Reddit thread:

They suggested that the sale offer is triggered when Udemy thinks you’re a new visitor to the site.

If you’re a returning visitor and you clear your browsers cookies or use an incognito tab the offer will show again.

Could this really be true?

I tested it out.

Udemy Homepage Viewed In My Normal Browser (No Offer Showing)udemy-homepage-without-sale-offer.png

This is what I saw when I went to the Udemy homepage in my normal browser (where my cookies from a previous visit will have been stored)

Udemy Homepage Viewed In An Incognito Browser (Offer Showing):udemy-homepage-with-sale-offer.png

So there you have it – if you want to get Udemy courses at discounted prices, just use an incognito or private browser tab!

(If you’re wondering what this is or how to do it, check out this tutorial for different browsers here.)

Udemy’s Sales Strategy

Udemy’s popularity suggests that a lot of people are taking advantage of these sales – and why wouldn’t you?

But could there be reasoning behind Udemy’s sales strategy?

Screenshot of Udemy homepage on Black Friday.

Here’s the Udemy pricing model in a nutshell: offer a wide range of online courses at low prices and have millions of students enroll vs offering courses with higher prices and fewer students.

When you think about the competition that Udemy faces from other e-learning platforms, it seems they have carved out their niche in the space using sales as a key marketing strategy to get as many new students learning on their platform as possible.

The year round offer for new visitors to their site helps them achieve this, and then they follow up with regular promotions throughout the year to these existing customers to keep them coming back.

When Does Udemy Have Sales?

So, let’s say you’ve already taken a course on Udemy and used the trick above to get your first course at a discount.

Unless you use a different email address you won’t be able to get your next course on sale until they run their next regular seasonal promotion.

Here’s a list of the promotions they ran throughout the year:

• January: New Years Promotions – site wide discount on all courses
  • January: End of month 3 day flash sale
  • February: Valentines sale
  • March: Buy more, Save more (discounts for buying more than 1 course)
  • April: Own Your Education sale
  • May: Mother’s Day Sale
  • August: Back To School Sale
  • November: Black Friday & Cyber Monday Sale
  • December: ‘Nikolaus’ Christmas season sales

For each of these promotions you could pick up almost all of the courses offered on Udemy for just $9.99 or $10.99.

When Is The Next Udemy Sale?

As we’ve seen in the article above, if:

• you’re a new customer
  • or if you clear your browser cookies
  • or if you use an incognito browser tab

..then the next Udemy sale is basically available to you now.

Just head on over to the site and find the course you want to learn from.

And if you’re an existing Udemy customer and can’t be bothered to mess around with your browser settings then just watch your email inbox for the next Udemy promotion. They happen almost every month of the year.

Conclusion

Screenshot of webpage showing Udemy courses on sale

As we’ve seen, there are sales on Udemy every day of the year.

If you’re keen to try out Udemy for the first time you can get a course at a discount using the incognito browser trick mentioned above.

And if you’ve taken a course before but want to learn some more with another course, then you can just wait for the next sales promotion to run.

With discounts being such a big part of Udemy’s sales strategy you’ll never have to wait long to find the right course for you at a bargain price.

https://www.onlinecoursehow.com/e-learning/how-often-does-udemy-have-sales/

• Like 1

1531511516_Xmasbtturtle.png.5fc58e5c2f943706ed322459c2a269e5.png