Aircon layout drainage pipe question

The_King

help anyone?

anyone know for the aircon drainage pipe, how much distance of vertical should it go before the pipe is install horizontal?

is it a good way to this amount of distance as shown in pictures?

split%20system%20install%20plaster%20cut.jpg

or is this type of distance is good?
This image has been resized.Click to view original image

azure-F8xp4qThKoBZh2lrmYxz.jpg

Thank you

4 minutes ago, ODACHEK said:

Moi drainage pipe is running from inside room to outside aircon ledge, back to toilet.

i mean the vertical distance from fan coil to the pipe.

as in does long  vertical distance as shown in pictures 1 mean it less likely to leak water or is it the same as i pictues 2. cause we know water flow from highest to lowest

47 minutes ago, The_King said:

i mean the vertical distance from fan coil to the pipe.

as in does long  vertical distance as shown in pictures 1 mean it less likely to leak water or is it the same as i pictues 2. cause we know water flow from highest to lowest

One is conceal one is expose.

You have to do expose 

5cd45a378a8a1220018668.gif.a7d40ddd7abc5cac1a3a3d1a1a3af1f9.gif

14 minutes ago, stemcell said:

One is conceal one is expose.

You have to do expose 

sorry, ignore the conceal.

it about the draining pipe, longer vertical better or very short vertical distance better?

my guess is longer vertical will less likely to have often water leaking problem cause by the gel aka jelly part 

23 hours ago, The_King said:

sorry, ignore the conceal.

it about the draining pipe, longer vertical better or very short vertical distance better?

my guess is longer vertical will less likely to have often water leaking problem cause by the gel aka jelly part 

So you are talking about drainage PVC pipe or insulated copper air pipe?

giphy.gifTVB for life...

2 minutes ago, ODACHEK said:

So you are talking about drainage PVC pipe or insulated copper air pipe?

the drainage pipe.

the water need to flow to the toilet, usually aircon leak is due to the gel+ chemical.

the question is, the  longer vertical better or horizontal one with gradient better. ( drainage pipe only)

9 minutes ago, The_King said:

the drainage pipe.

the water need to flow to the toilet, usually aircon leak is due to the gel+ chemical.

the question is, the  longer vertical better or horizontal one with gradient better. ( drainage pipe only)

Moi aircon drainage pvc pipe is vertical and leaked only once in 10 yrs due to gel, just get aircon maintenance to clear gel solved, dun worry too much on this one. Worry more on the insulated copper air pipe, my insulation not good quality, condensate water leaked through the insulation, making the ducting moldy. Have to seal and paint the ducting in order to solve it temporarily.

• Thanks 1

giphy.gifTVB for life...

7 minutes ago, ODACHEK said:

Moi aircon drainage pvc pipe is vertical and leaked only once in 10 yrs due to gel, just get aircon maintenance to clear gel solved, dun worry too much on this one. Worry more on the insulated copper air pipe, my insulation not good quality, condensate water leaked through the insulation, making the ducting moldy. Have to seal and paint the ducting in order to solve it temporarily.

thanks

i try to get some vertical distance the the pipe installed in a slope.

hope if it helpful to you

Here My choice of material:

7/8 Amaflex Class 1 for expose insulator (outdoor )

3/4 Armaflex class "1" insulation for trunking (indoor)

25mm uPVC drainage pipe with 30mm or 35mm turn pipe aka corner turn aka corner piping and with at least 1/4' insulation

Keystone wiring 4C40, 4C70 (4C70 is for Indoor fancoil, while 4C70 is for compressor to isolator)

PSB Tested Gauge 21 copper wire (Nyflex , DNE or Luvata)

Edited by The_King
  • Thanks 1