Police inundated with over 60,000 comments after posting wanted appeal for burglar

The_King

2d6cd40f99534d50803169e1a24de276_xl.jpg

On January 27, West Yorkshire Police shared the photo to Facebook in an attempt to secure help from the public in the prison recall of 37-year-old Jonathan Cahill.

riting in the post's caption, West Yorkshire Police explains: "Can you help us to locate Jonathan Cahill, who has been recalled to prison? He is 37 years old and is believed to be residing in the Wakefield area.

"Please share our appeal below and contact us if you can help our officers to locate him."

On the official website of West Yorkshire Police, it adds that Cahill is "medium build and approximately six feet tall" and is wanted after officials believe he "breached the terms of his release".

However, it turns out people still love a bad boy, as the post has received more than 66,000 comments - with very few of them actually being of any use to officers.

Yes, due to Cahill's smoldering good looks, he has since been given the nickname of the "fit felon", and the post was flooded with nothing but thirsty comments.

"I’ve done a citizens arrest on him, he’s handcuffed to my bed," one person wrote.

A second added: "Thoughts & prayers to Wakefield's maternity wards in 9 months time..."

Another Facebook user added: "I have never wanted to help the police so much in my life."

Another very unhelpful tip-off read: "He can't hear the sirens...my thighs are covering his ears."

size-large wp-image-1263142831
Credit: Facebook
size-large wp-image-1263142830
size-large wp-image-1263142829
size-large wp-image-1263142828
size-large wp-image-1263142827

In all honesty, the comments are absolute gold, so I'm just going to keep going...

"He can kick my back door in," one person added.

A sixth wrote: "No need to role play [Burglar Bill] with this one! Hell, he's the real deal. Now where did I put the duct tape and rope?!"

size-large wp-image-1263142836
size-large wp-image-1263142835
size-large wp-image-1263142834
size-large wp-image-1263142833
size-large wp-image-1263142832

If I'm being really honest, these were some of the tamest comments I could include.

And just in case you did have any information for the West Yorkshire Police, information can also be reported anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555111 or online.

Edited by The_King
  • Like 1