Bolehland ‘Raja Bomoh’ returns after 2-year hiatus to perform ritual against Covid-19

Huat Zai

raja-bomoh.jpg?hello

The infamous “Raja Bomoh”, or Ibrahim Mat Zin, recently made his comeback after staying away from the limelight for two years.

Performed ritual to get rid of Covid-19

As the Covid-19 pandemic has exploded worldwide, Ibrahim uploaded a 12-minute YouTube video on Mar. 19 to showcase his latest ritual, which he claimed will “cure” the world of the virus.

He started off by saying:

"I, Raja Bomoh, Dato' Ibrahim Mat Zin, have been asked by my Bomoh

friends from around the world to help stop the coronavirus outbreak which

started in China and has now infected our country, Malaysia"

He had a globe on the table in front of him, which he eventually used to “cast” his spells onto the world.

He also had some leaves, rice grains and a telescope.

He claimed that these items were used when the ritual was performed in the past.

The ritual

Ibrahim first took the telescope to "scan" the globe for the virus.

After “scanning”, he sprinkled some rice grans on the globe, claiming that this gesture would make the virus "fly away".

He then continued his ritual by waving the leaves around whilst reciting some prayers.

Towards the end of the video, Ibrahim dished out precautionary tips and advised Malaysians to remain socially responsible amid the pandemic.

“Here are some tips that I would like to share: Wash your mouth, wash your nostrils, earlobes and also your face. Make sure you wash your hands properly before you enter your home. I hope that we, the people of Malaysia, will remain at home and refrain from going to work.”

Past rituals

Ibrahim first made headlines in 2014, when he performed rituals at Kuala Lumpur International airport with two coconuts, a carpet and a walking stick.

He had claimed that the ritual would help him locate the missing Malaysian Airlines flight MH370.

Ibrahim popped up again in 2017, following the assassination of North Korea’s Supreme Leader’s brother, Kim Jong Nam, in Malaysia.

He performed another ritual which he claimed would protect Malaysia by “softening” Kim Jong Un’s heart and help resolve the predicament.

In 2018, he involved himself in Malaysia’s 14th general election by claiming he would run for office as an independent candidate in the state of Perak.

However, he failed to make the cut as he had apparently been declared a bankrupt.

Charged in Syariah court for insulting Islam

In April 2017, Ibrahim was charged in Syariah Court on charges of insulting Islam or causing people to have a negative perception of Islam, according to The Star.

He pleaded guilty to all counts and expressed his remorse by saying:

“I slept at the Dang Wangi lockup for two days and in Jinjang for three days. I have repented, I promise that I will stop all these rituals.”

https://mothership.sg/2020/03/raja-bomoh-covid-19/

images.jpeg.956a9591793765da5b4865e1c832671b.jpeg