Cute cuisine: Say hello to the Care Bears and Precious Moments pop-up cafe

beyond

Dishes with names like Grumpy Bear's Big Caring Hug Breakfast "High Tea" and Follow Your Heart Caramel Waffles will be available Apr 18 to Jun 30.

interior-mock-up-2-precious-moments-care

The over-the-top cutesy worlds of Precious Moments and Care Bears will collide in a puff of pastels with a pop-up cafe experience launching Apr 18.

The world’s first co-branded Precious Moments and Care Bears pop-up cafe will take over Kumoya, located at 8 Jalan Klapa, from Apr 18 to Jun 30.

exclusive-merchandise-precious-moments-c

During this time, the cafe will feature original decor from both franchises and a special menu curated by Kumoya and food blogger Shirley Wong, better known as littlemissbento on Instagram. The pop-up will also witness the launch of exclusive Precious Moments and Care Bears figurines, a music box and a photo frame.

Kumoya is not Halal-certified, but uses no pork, no lard and no alcohol in its menu items. The Japanese-French fusion cafe is no stranger to pop-ups, having collaborated with limited-edition menus featuring Cinnamoroll, Miffy, tokidoki, Mr Men & Little Miss, My Little Pony and Pusheen, according to a press release.

caramel-waffles-precious-moments-care-be

Follow Your Heart Caramel Waffles Caramel Waffles (S$21.90) (Photo: Kumoya, Precious Moments and Care Bears)

With over 300,000 followers on Instagram, Wong is a certified instructor with the Japan Sushi Instructor Association (Tokyo) and the Japanese Salonaise Association in Tokyo. 

She previously served as consultant for the menus of the Gudetama Cafe Singapore and My Melody Cafe Singapore.

spam-fries-precious-moments-care-bears-p

Chicken Spam Fries (S$12.90) (Photo: Kumoya, Precious Moments and Care Bears)

high-tea-breakfast-precious-moments-care

Grumpy Bear’s Big Caring Hug Breakfast “High-Tea” Set (S$32.90) (Photo: Kumoya, Precious Moments and Care Bears)

The 22 items on the limited-edition menu range from S$9.90 to S$32.90, with a minimum spend of S$10 per person. 

Expect Chicken Spam Fries (S$12.90), Grumpy Bear’s Big Caring Hug Breakfast “High-Tea” Set (S$32.90) and Follow Your Heart Caramel Waffles (S$21.90), among others.

I think about you. But I don't say it anymore -Marguerite Duras,