i Light Singapore Is Back With Holographic Outdoor Installations & Vibrant Exhibits At Marina Bay

The_King

i Light Singapore 2022

For a tourist, Marina Bay brings to mind the infinity pool at the top of MBS and skylines for days. For locals, their seasonal events and artsy exhibitions are likely one of the main reasons why we somehow always find ourselves back at the waterfront during the weekends.

Following the highly-raved KAWs: HOLIDAY exhibition and the pretty-purple Art of Dreams installation, the events hotspot now welcomes the return of i Light from 3rd-26th June 2022. Free up some of your phone storage space as you’re bound to be snapping plenty of photos of its holographic neon exhibitions and quirky artworks.

Sustainable light festival with free-entry exhibitions

After a 2-year-long hiatus – no thanks to Miss ‘Rona – i Light Singapore’s series of outdoor exhibits will finally be returning this June. This 8th edition of the festival is announced to be largely violet-themed, featuring works submitted from both local and international artists.

ilight-2022.png
Image credit: i Light Singapore

Highlights include Lightwave: Isle of Light, which will be located on a pontoon along the Marina Bay Boardwalk.

Here, expect 5 zones with holographic projections, light beams and geometric walkways. Tickets for Lightwave: Isle of Light can already be purchased ahead of time on Klook from $8/person.

Alone Together - i Light Singapore 2022
Image credit: i Light Singapore

Also find the HDB-like Alone Together artwork, featuring the collective experience of being cooped up at home during the pandemic. 

Fallen - i lIght Singapore 2022
Image credit: i Light Singapore

Like all previous editions, you can also expect to spot sustainability elements throughout this festival such as with Fallen by South Korean artist group Nerdist x ARTINA. 

No, it’s not related to Netflix’s Squid Game. The imaginative artwork is pieced together from upcycled materials like recycled plastic domes and bubble wrap, to bring to light environmental problems like excessive waste.

Visit i Light 2022 on Marina Bay in June 2022

Visiting bars and clubs won’t be the only things on our after-hours bucket list come June. Bookmark your calendars for i Light Singapore’s series of vibrant, glimmering exhibitions for some wholesome fun till late. Since the event will be running every day of the week, you can swing by after a long day of work, or save it for a weekend activity with boo.

Stay tuned to the festival’s website in the coming weeks for more information on the festival map and other programmes in the lineup.

Find out more about i Light Singapore 2022

Date: 3rd-26th June 2022
Time: Sun-Thu 7.30pm-11pm | Fri-Sat 7.30pm-12am
Venue: Marina Bay

• Like 1