KYM - What Retirement On $1,000-$2,000 A Month In Singapore?

Bigbird

"I retire on 1~2k a month" - 4 children giving them money.

"I retire on 1~2k a month" - rents out hdb flat and lives with mother

"I retire on 1~2k a month" - lives in a mansionare 

images.jpeg.ca717a3da330f1fc81771aa2e5aebc3b.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Wahaha 1

Official Mugentech Minecraft server: Please see thread in Gamers

12 hours ago, socrates469bc said:

2k not even enough for 1 teaching session in peace mansion, bird say leh??????

wahahahahahha

U dont feed Small 3 lah!

Like that your "small 3" can retire liao! U work to support her ok!   :wahaha:

• Wahaha 2

12 hours ago, Huat Zai said:

"I retire on 1~2k a month" - 4 children giving them money.

"I retire on 1~2k a month" - rents out hdb flat and lives with mother

"I retire on 1~2k a month" - lives in a mansionare 

images.jpeg.ca717a3da330f1fc81771aa2e5aebc3b.jpeg

Many Asian parents, work to death to provide children a better living!  Unlike western parents, 21yo kids will be kick out liao!

When Asian parents retires, they are usually have chronic illness.  Cant enjoy retirement! 

4 hours ago, The_King said:

There only so much your 1k of 2k can go.

Self sufficient and self sustaining  is the key

Whats your budget when u early retire?

26 minutes ago, Bigbird said:

Many Asian parents, work to death to provide children a better living!  Unlike western parents, 21yo kids will be kick out liao!

When Asian parents retires, they are usually have chronic illness.  Cant enjoy retirement! 

Whats your budget when u early retire?

Less then 500.

I be growing my food, farm my own solar and mall for free water, to wash clothes,  toilet paper, free bush teeth, fast food for free pepper, sugar, cream etc......

• Full Of Win 1
  • Geek 1

23 minutes ago, The_King said:

Less then 500.

I be growing my food, farm my own solar and mall for free water, to wash clothes,  toilet paper, free bush teeth, fast food for free pepper, sugar, cream etc......

I think you should be youtube star.

Start a surviving in concrete jungle 

Sure will have million followers

Not joking

Serious

What you bros, say?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The_King said:

Less then 500.

Wow,  U have set a NEW benchmark!  :fear:

59 minutes ago, The_King said:

Don't want, the lesser ppl who know the better

At least share with us leh!  Mai an ni kuan leh!  :p

Edited by Bigbird
  • Wahaha 3

1 hour ago, Bigbird said:

Wow,  U have set a NEW benchmark!  :fear:

At least share with us leh!  Mai an ni kuan leh!  :p

If you like chilie sauce or tomato sauce, BBQ sauce etc.... Fast food restaurants have all these for free, just go and ask for 2 pack, every day take  when you spotted a ffr. Your home will be full of sauce, sugar etc....

Just like mine, I nv need to buy sugar, you see my cooking it always those free sugar stick

Starbuck, coffee bean etc.. have free cimmon, coca, milk sugar or equal. Just bring a small paper cup and pour say coca powder when no one is around or pour yourself a cup of milk if you want and add some coca, free chocolate milk

Toilet also have free soap

Edited by The_King
  • Full Of Win 1

4 hours ago, The_King said:

If you like chilie sauce or tomato sauce, BBQ sauce etc.... Fast food restaurants have all these for free, just go and ask for 2 pack, every day take  when you spotted a ffr. Your home will be full of sauce, sugar etc....

Just like mine, I nv need to buy sugar, you see my cooking it always those free sugar stick

Starbuck, coffee bean etc.. have free cimmon, coca, milk sugar or equal. Just bring a small paper cup and pour say coca powder when no one is around or pour yourself a cup of milk if you want and add some coca, free chocolate milk

Toilet also have free soap

Wahhhh..... ! Pse continue your innovative home thread leh!

I dont have the bola to take excessive condiments!  Later xia xuey chan checkmate me! :hehe:

Sugar & salt i dont use much! 1 packet can last >1 yr  even everyday cook.  

My only weakness is chili.  Sauces sold in supermart is full of sugar & starch! I take sambal balachan (self made)!  500g can tahan for 2 weeks!

1 hour ago, socrates469bc said:

bird see me no up, is it????

i support many many poor thai uni  girls from chiang mai, ok?????

wahahahahhaha

La capital de Tailandia se hunde un centímetro al año por culpa de los  prostíbulos

Sensei! Dont say like that leh! 

Today News warns us that Heart attack rate gone up!  So must Jagar jagar! :umchio:

Like that u feed Small 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.

So whats your retirement monthly budget?

• Wahaha 1

3 minutes ago, Bigbird said:

Wahhhh..... ! Pse continue your innovative home thread leh!

I dont have the bola to take excessive condiments!  Later xia xuey chan checkmate me! :hehe:

Sugar & salt i dont use much! 1 packet can last >1 yr  even everyday cook.  

My only weakness is chili.  Sauces sold in supermart is full of sugar & starch! I take sambal balachan (self made)!  500g can tahan for 2 weeks!

still continue, just some data cannot tell. 

take 2 condiments per fast food res is not excessive. you ask 2 usually they will give.

there coca, milk   equal, water, soap etc...

• Wahaha 1

4 minutes ago, Bigbird said:

Just found out my neighbor 50+yo kanna Cancer Stage 4 liao! 

Damn sad! Have retire or collect CPF kanna this! :(

Really makes me reevaluate my life plans!

i always say retire  early before age 35 is the best. and this KS just reinforce my thinking

aka got money no life to spend

• Like 1

22 hours ago, The_King said:

i always say retire  early before age 35 is the best. and this KS just reinforce my thinking

aka got money no life to spend

I have been thinking of downgrading to a smaller home unit, So that i could do FIRE earlier!  I have some friends & colleaques (20yo+, 30yo+, 40yo),  and family relatives that have left!  :fear:  Of those who left, Only  10% actually managed to retire and travel or enjoy life! 

I will not be able to retire at 35yo maybe 50yo! Made alot of bad investments in life!

I may need to learn from u how to live smart but happy!

Is it ok if i ask u if i have any questions later in time?  :please:

Edited by Bigbird

5 minutes ago, Bigbird said:

I have been thinking of downgrading to a smaller home unit, So that i could do FIRE earlier!  I have some friends & colleaques (20yo+, 30yo+, 40yo),  and family relatives that have left!  :fear:  Of those who left, Only  10% actually managed to retire and travel or enjoy life! 

I may need to learn from u how to live smart but happy!

Is it ok if i ask u if i have any questions later in time?  :please:

sure np, 

firstly for home, if you know i am a bbfa, i believe when i old i will have tons of sickness, so i pre emp stick first by wanted to retire early, but need to work extra few more work for elder family as the money is for them. i reach my fire already

back to home, i get the smallest 2 room type 1 bto for 83k or 87k plus single pay extra 15k more so it around 103k. but as of aug 2020 the cpf have enough to 100% pay off everything.

for you if you get the 2 room type 1, you can pay off 100% using cpf early then the rest of the cpf can be focus on retirement etc....

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The_King said:

sure np, 

firstly for home, if you know i am a bbfa, i believe when i old i will have tons of sickness, so i pre emp stick first by wanted to retire early, but need to work extra few more work for elder family as the money is for them. i reach my fire already

back to home, i get the smallest 2 room type 1 bto for 83k or 87k plus single pay extra 15k more so it around 103k. but as of aug 2020 the cpf have enough to 100% pay off everything.

for you if you get the 2 room type 1, you can pay off 100% using cpf early then the rest of the cpf can be focus on retirement etc....

I am think to get a little bigger 4rm, Minimalist look!  To rent out!

Then i live abroad without CECA and Xia Xuay politick-cians! 

SG is no more my Home!  Its tainted liao!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bigbird said:

I am think to get a little bigger 4rm, Minimalist look!  To rent out!

Then i live abroad without CECA and Xia Xuay politick-cians! 

SG is no more my Home!  Its tainted liao!

can also, but i dont like to stay with stranger, or if you can stay with your family member then get another flat as single then you all stay at the single flat and rent out your family member  4 room

Just now, The_King said:

can also, but i dont like to stay with stranger, or if you can stay with your family member then get another flat as single then you all stay at the single flat and rent out your family member  4 room

also your idea also good, rent out sg flat and stay in jb

13 minutes ago, The_King said:

I also dont like to live with strangers! 

12 minutes ago, The_King said:

also your idea also good, rent out sg flat and stay in jb

I would like to spend some time in different countries!

Go for my SIlk route car/Rail trip ~ 2yrs.  Slow & easy travel. Spend a few weeks/month in each place! 

Then 6 mths Morroco, then 6 mths in NZ........!  I can live cheaply!

I have been to 37 countries and i know basic necessities can be cheaper then SG!   Eg  euros 1 can get fresh 0.5/1kg veg liao! 1kg beef Ribs >AUS$ 10.  In Barcelona, 500g Veal (yah not the best meat) Euros 3! 

In SG, i am the biggest Carrot!