Awfully Chocolate customer says $88 log cake is 'nothing like the picture'

The_King

awfullychoc_cover.jpg

In a bid to fully get into the festive mood, Stomper Jason ordered a log cake from Awfully Chocolate to surprise his family on Christmas Day.

But the Christmas spirit was dampened when Jason opened the box and saw that the chocolate log cake was way below his expectations.

awfullychoc2_1.jpg

Here is what he expected the cake to look like:

awfullychoc1_1.jpg

"I ordered this Awfully Chocolate cake on Dec 16 and arranged to pick it up from their JEM outlet on Dec 25 so that my family and I could enjoy a nice dessert after our Christmas dinner," Jason said.

"I paid $88 for the log cake and this was what I received! It looks nothing like the picture on their website.

"There was no decorative tree, no wordings, no icing powder, nothing.

"I regret buying it. It totally wrecked our Christmas mood. But with that being said, the quality of the cake was good. It just looks bad."

Stomp has contacted Awfully Chocolate for more information.

• Wahaha 1

I was a customer of awfully chocolate many years ago, when the brand was young.

then 1 day a few years ago, i was outside an outlet around the closing hours (9pm+/-)

1 staff was closing the shop with some people and a baby waiting in the shop for her to finish work. 

then i saw the staff carry the toddler and place him on the bar top (where they place the cakes), with his shoes on. 

the toddler was excited to be standing so high up and happily took a few steps on the bar top. and the staff was clapping and cheering the baby...

i was disgusted by that sight and never spent with AC since.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, meng.huat said:

then 1 day a few years ago, i was outside an outlet around the closing hours (9pm+/-)

1 staff was closing the shop with some people and a baby waiting in the shop for her to finish work. 

then i saw the staff carry the toddler and place him on the bar top (where they place the cakes), with his shoes on. 

the toddler was excited to be standing so high up and happily took a few steps on the bar top. and the staff was clapping and cheering the baby...

which outlet? i think got one near my place but i never go

skGDKsM.jpg

45 minutes ago, meng.huat said:

17 minutes ago, ManOfTheHour said:

which outlet? i think got one near my place but i never go

will u be disgusted with this bar top dancing????