Drinking Your Coffee This Way Every Day Can Extend Your Life, Science Says

The_King

53 minutes ago, Bigbird said:

I thought of saving money by buying "generic" coffee beans!

Like Arabica & Robusta from different countries (columbian, Vietnam, Indo...)  to try instead of paying a premium!

Will it be approximately the same?

I saw some small shops under HDB selling them. 

I'm not a coffee connoisseur, so i dont want to spend unnecessary on brands. 

Whether is it the same, it is difficult to answer because what is same to you may be miles apart for others. Different coffee lovers have different sense of smell, palate and preference and even brewing methods. Like what you said, you are not a coffee connoisseur so just buy whatever beans that is within your taste and budget.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bigbird said:

Can show us your set up?

Pictures Planned or existing?  What contraption will u use to roast it?

plan now, but when i retire i got plenty of time to cook heathly unsalted food, and freshly roasted coffee

and i already got a bodum french press (sometime i use to make cold brew) , a manual espresso machine (la pavoni)  , manual commercial grade coffee bean grinder (pharos)

i will use this type to roast. cheap, good and lasting even if rust, cheap to replace

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.75.76e442dewlV7vH&id=625440724480&ns=1&abbucket=1#detail

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.164.76e442dewlV7vH&id=574943680155&ns=1&abbucket=1#detail

i dont think this i will get. cause hard to get the bean to roast evenly

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.1.76e442dewlV7vH&id=593439652685&ns=1&abbucket=1#detail

my setup is like this

LPLELQ01EU.jpg

my grinder cost me around sgd 420 and i not sure  any grinder at the price range or even 1k able to beat it (i brought it when it was 7 or 8 yr ago, not sure about now) but it using 68mm Italian made conical commercial steel grinding titan burr set 

in short the titan burr head is the same one  that are found in the high-end café grinder like Compak K10, it just that they take the most important part of the  titan burr head and make it manual and sell much cheaper, so home user like us can enjoy

FYI:  it 'titan' class cause (68mm and larger is generally considered 'Titan')

i even grinder coffee until Turkish coffee cause Turkish requires an extremely fine, powdery, flour-like grind. 

4166_pharos1.jpgpharos003.JPG

hope the above got clear enough detail for you

Edited by The_King

On 3/28/2021 at 12:54 AM, The_King said:

plan now, but when i retire i got plenty of time to cook heathly unsalted food, and freshly roasted coffee

and i already got a bodum french press (sometime i use to make cold brew) , a manual espresso machine (la pavoni)  , manual commercial grade coffee bean grinder (pharos)

i will use this type to roast. cheap, good and lasting even if rust, cheap to replace

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.75.76e442dewlV7vH&id=625440724480&ns=1&abbucket=1#detail

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.164.76e442dewlV7vH&id=574943680155&ns=1&abbucket=1#detail

Please sign in or sign up for an account to view this content.

Wahhh......! Those are some serious hobby!

The rooster looks likes like my hamster cage! :hmm:   Roosting hamster???

Hope i stay near u, when u make copi, i bring my poison and we can have Cafe Royal!   :wahaha:

• Wahaha 1

3 minutes ago, Bigbird said:

Wahhh......! Those are some serious hobby!

The rooster looks likes like my hamster cage! :hmm:   Roosting hamster???

Hope i stay near u, when u make copi, i bring my poison and we can have Cafe Royal!   :wahaha:

if got my home, i also planing to make rice wine as a replacement for shaoxing wine. i know it not the same but it cheaper and homemade so begger cannot be chooser

also making Red yeast rice wine for Red yeast rice wine to make mee suan

now working so no mood, but can roast some fresh kopi bean for you

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, The_King said:

if got my home, i also planing to make rice wine as a replacement for shaoxing wine. i know it not the same but it cheaper and homemade so begger cannot be chooser

also making Red yeast rice wine for Red yeast rice wine to make mee suan

now working so no mood, but can roast some fresh kopi bean for you

I think most important now, is to get your health back to shape!

All the other projects can take back seat!

U need your good health to enjoy FIRE! 

I wish u  & all here Good Health!

Edited by Bigbird
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Bigbird said:

I think most important now, is to get your health back to shape!

All the other projects can take back seat!

U need your good health to enjoy FIRE! 

I wish u  & all here Good Health!

thanks, i will keep trying to control my diet of low salt and less meat

• Like 1