Nasi lemak stall explains why woman's meal is $7 after she says it's 'cut throat'

The_King

foodmain.jpg

A woman's meal of plain rice with fish and lady's finger cost $7, which she felt was too expensive.

Stomper Kamala said she visited Boon Lay Power Nasi Lemak at Causeway Point shopping mall on Sunday (Oct 4), at around 1.15pm.

She was shocked when she was charged $7 for her order of rice, fish and vegetables.

Kamala said: "I found it very shocking as it was just plain rice and not nasi lemak rice. Plus I chose the tail part of the fish.

"When I checked the price again with the stallholder, she told me that the fish cost $5. This is ridiculous and cutting throat.

"The staff also did not mention the price of the fish before selling it to customers."

According to Kamala, the white rice cost $1 while the lady's finger was $1.

Part of her surprise was also because she had patronised the stall before and a meal typically costs around $5, she told Stomp.

When contacted by Stomp, Boon Lay Power Nasi Lemak said that the fish that Kamala had ordered is actually red snapper.

It explained: "The tail of the red snapper is quite costly."

However, it acknowledged that its staff should have informed the customer beforehand.

According to Boon Lay Power Nasi Lemak's online menu, individual nasi lemak sets range from $4.40 to $8.25.