Mi 10T Pro - FULL review

invis

• Moderators

The Mi 10T (pro) is the latest addition to Xiaomi's Mi-10 line of phones and it's got the flagship Snapdragon 865 processor, it's got a big 5000 mAh battery and... it's got an LCD display? -Yes. An LCD display.

That kinda caught me off-guard but after trying it out for a few weeks I can say that this LCD display is actually really good. It's sharp, vibrant, bright, and it's got an adaptive refresh rate of up to 144 Hz. This means it will adapt the refresh rate to whatever you are doing. -Movies will be 50 - 60 Hz and playing games or scrolling through the UI could go up to 144Hz to give a smoother experience. This will save battery by not using a high refresh rate when it's not needed. 

The downside of the LCD display is that this phone does not have an Always-On-Display, it does not have that curved display (like the rest of the phones in the Mi-10 series) and it does not have an in-screen fingerprint scanner. 

The fingerprint scanner is placed on the side of the phone in the on/off button. -Which still is quite a convenient place for it... 

The camera is also on-par with the rest of the Mi-10 series. It's got a very impressive 108-megapixel main camera, which can shoot very high-resolution photos that look very good. Also, the photos at night come out looking good and don't have a lot of noise. 

The wide-angle is 13 megapixels and is not AS good and AS wide as on the Mi 10 Pro or the Mi 10 Ultra that we have recently seen.  The photos during the day come out looking quite good, but at night not all the photos came out well. 

Lastly there is a 5MP macro lens for very close up shots. I personally don't have much need for such a camera on my phone, even though I do use a macro lens quite often on my camera when filming these reviews. -If you do like it.. well it's there!

It does have two new camera features that are pretty cool and that's the clone-feature and the dual-camera. The clone feature lets you duplicate (clone) yourself in photos just like it was done in photoshop. You can get up to 4 clones in photos and 2 in the clone-video. Unfortunately, the video is quite short and is in 1280 x 720. 

The dual-video option allows you to use the front and back camera at the same time. You can set this to be a split-screen or as a picture-in picture and you can change this live whilst recording. So this could be pretty cool for some people who want to show two perspectives at once. 

The Mi 10T Pro also films 8K video. These come out looking very very good. They are not AS stabilized as I had recently with the Mi 10 Ultra, but the image quality is very good. (Also at night the 8K video came out looking very decent...) 

Other notable features on the Mi 10 T are NFC, 5G-support, IR-blaster and the dual speakers that give quite a nice audio experience. 

Overall I do really like the Mi 10T pro and it seems to be a very capable phone in the mid-tier level for a very decent price and I did have fun using it over the last weeks. 

• Like 1
  • fapfapfap 1