My Harvest KYM?

Camper

26 minutes ago, Camper said:

Problem with styrofoam boxes is they leech chemical, same for plastic containers. These days unavoidable if you want to keep cost low.

Soil base problems are mostly the pests. Everyday is a battle with the pests for my harvest.

This was my chilli plant before i revived it 😅

20200322_171601.thumb.jpg.96f5a14584ee0bc6aeea1b1fae4e0ba6.jpg

Can weed killer kill pests?

giphy.gifTVB for life...

7 minutes ago, ODACHEK said:

Can weed killer kill pests?

Can, but also stun, if not kill the plant too.

Plants that you are not eating, it is ok to use chemical. For plants that you will eat, suggest to use organic solutions.

Pesticide, fungicide, insecticides are very reactive. Will burn even your own skin upon application, imagine eating small amount of it everyday.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Camper said:

Problem with styrofoam boxes is they leech chemical, same for plastic containers. These days unavoidable if you want to keep cost low.

Soil base problems are mostly the pests. Everyday is a battle with the pests for my harvest.

This was my chilli plant before i revived it 😅

20200322_171601.thumb.jpg.96f5a14584ee0bc6aeea1b1fae4e0ba6.jpg

what kind of pest

2 minutes ago, The_King said:

what kind of pest

Gnats in soil, nematodes in soil,and white flies on leaves.

There is no one size fit all solution. You need 1 to tackle soil, another to tackle the leaves and stems. Also to identify what nutrients the plant lacking..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Camper said:

Gnats in soil, nematodes in soil,and white flies on leaves.

There is no one size fit all solution. You need 1 to tackle soil, another to tackle the leaves and stems. Also to identify what nutrients the plant lacking..

does those insert nets help?

4 minutes ago, The_King said:

does those insert nets help?

Nets only meant for bird, doubt it will help to prevent insects.

You have to water just enough. Not too much, not too little. Too much, insects start growing as they love wet soil. Too little, stun growth.

Organic solution includes using garlic, chilli, pepper, lemongrass juice to water and spray. Limited success but it does works for less severe cases.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, beyond said:

u also got hydroponic system!!!! 

Yeah i got 1 just before CB.

Been harvesting the veg and herbs for cooking.

I have tomatoes at bottom rack. Strawberries at top rack. Will take time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Camper said:

Yeah i got 1 just before CB.

Been harvesting the veg and herbs for cooking.

I have tomatoes at bottom rack. Strawberries at top rack. Will take time.

ya man.. we self sustain can le... lol.. tat day we go fishing caught one seabass... shiok...500026500187_62057.thumb.jpg.cdce0ecbcc39d01225b8cf2ac6f7da68.jpg

• Like 1
  • Full Of Win 2

I think about you. But I don't say it anymore -Marguerite Duras, 

1 minute ago, Camper said:

Wah shiok. I went fishing, feed mosqitos only. At the punggol new hdb side there.

fresh water got tiliapia... ALOT... at the red bridge there towards pasir farm.... 

IMG20200624182539.thumb.jpg.8b3e08c519a1783a0098390d5e3fbcea.jpg

• Like 1
  • Full Of Win 1

10 minutes ago, Camper said:

Oh my 😱

At long kang? Not sea right? Wah shiok man

not sea...  is fresh water... the pcn towards the harbin prawning..... there got 2 bridge... one is the small bendy one call sunrise or sunset bridge lah... the other is the red big bridge... towards the paris farm/ lor halus.... but if u wan fish tilapia u need go dwn the slope and shoot ur rod towards UNDER the red bridge..  they all hiding there...  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, beyond said:

not sea...  is fresh water... the pcn towards the harbin prawning..... there got 2 bridge... one is the small bendy one call sunrise or sunset bridge lah... the other is the red big bridge... towards the paris farm/ lor halus.... but if u wan fish tilapia u need go dwn the slope and shoot ur rod towards UNDER the red bridge..  they all hiding there...  

Wah i know where liao. Thanks for sic! 🤩

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Camper said:

Wah i know where liao. Thanks for sic! 🤩

btw... u grow strawberries no need chiller ar? thought need cooler temp then can succeed? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, beyond said:

btw... u grow strawberries no need chiller ar? thought need cooler temp then can succeed? 

Yeah first batch wasnt successful. During CB, water temp was 32dc. So a lot of seeds could not germinate too.

Now we have cooler weather. Around 29dc mostly. Hopefully can germinate this time. Wife want de so bo bian 😅

7 minutes ago, Camper said:

Yeah first batch wasnt successful. During CB, water temp was 32dc. So a lot of seeds could not germinate too.

Now we have cooler weather. Around 29dc mostly. Hopefully can germinate this time. Wife want de so bo bian 😅

lol... i planning groe them cos kaya loves to jiak.. but exp to keep buying..... 

52 minutes ago, Camper said:

Pai seh type wrong. It can take 2 months on average depend on the type.

2years is for asparagus 🤣

biang u scare me sia...  lol.... 

• nomnomnom 1

2 hours ago, Camper said:

The seeds are on the skin, can cut thinly out in stripes. Then put in soil, cover with a thin layer of soil. Spray water abit to keep it moist.

i actually got buy the seeds.. cos sharing with another fr cos she also got one system... wanna try.. 

1 minute ago, beyond said:

i actually got buy the seeds.. cos sharing with another fr cos she also got one system... wanna try.. 

Can try by planting in a small soil pot. No need hydroponics. For fertilisers, my favourite way is to soak orange skins in a jar of water and another jar of water with crushed egg shells. Then water a fair amount once a week or so.

• Like 1