My Harvest KYM?

Camper

Bean sprouts can be grown like this. Use netting, rubber band tie the beans down. Put the beans in a pot, covered and no lights. Spray water daily twice, or soak in water for a couple of mins once daily and drain.

Once start growing, they are very strong and can push up the pot lids, use a few canned foods to hold the lid down. This will ensure your beansprouts are fat and short than long and thin.

Good luck 👍

20200317_211941.thumb.jpg.8f2810a304c49c6edf60bd95b5fd909d.jpg20200317_212132.thumb.jpg.ccf36ba5c51a631f086423965539e557.jpg

Edited by Camper
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Chestnut said:

I use cotton wool. Put in container in dark area

Then it will come out long and thin.

Fat bean sprout trick is to use weight to press them as they grow. Fat and crunchy is the result after about 5 to 7days.

10 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

@Camper your seeds you used what brand?

Any brand available at shengshiong market. I bought expensive seeds before. Doesnt really see much improvements to justify the increase in cost. So just get the cheapest, unless you looking for heirloom types.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, socrates469bc said:

anyone tried b4 planting garlic????

Garlic shoots yes, very easy. Same like onions green. Can use cardboard egg shell trays to grow too. Eventually they will flower and collect seeds. Grow garlic/onion from seeds in deep soil.

20200327_171718.jpg

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Camper said:

Garlic shoots yes, very easy. Same like onions green. Can use cardboard egg shell trays to grow too. Eventually they will flower and collect seeds. Grow garlic/onion from seeds in deep soil.

20200327_171718.jpg

few mths back garlic got supply issue.

so some ppl got started planting garlic.

now waiting to see if anyone will  market homegrown black garlic.

shld have a market for this product.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/22/2020 at 9:33 PM, Camper said:

20200327_171718.jpg

any idea what soil to buy or the ratio, me thinking of soil + water combo

4 hours ago, The_King said:

any idea what soil to buy or the ratio, me thinking of soil + water combo

You can even use sawdust or wood shaving. Some even use paper egg crates only without soil. Just keep it wet. It can only regrow max 3 times by this method. If you want to really grow garlic and onions, let it flower and collect the seeds. You will need deep pot to grow onions and garlics.

31 minutes ago, Camper said:

You can even use sawdust or wood shaving. Some even use paper egg crates only without soil. Just keep it wet. It can only regrow max 3 times by this method. If you want to really grow garlic and onions, let it flower and collect the seeds. You will need deep pot to grow onions and garlics.

me thinking both hydro and soil at the one shelf. you know those type of metal shelf that can within 250kg per shelf type

me thinking of those normal soil that use for Sweet potatoes or tapioca  and some will green leafy will be  hyrdo

5 hours ago, The_King said:

me thinking both hydro and soil at the one shelf. you know those type of metal shelf that can within 250kg per shelf type

me thinking of those normal soil that use for Sweet potatoes or tapioca  and some will green leafy will be  hyrdo

Haha good start. But sweet potatoes and tapioca needs deep soil and they are relatively cheap.

I would suggest to plant 小白菜,豆苗,奶白,herbs to make your time and effort worthwhile 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Camper said:

Haha good start. But sweet potatoes and tapioca needs deep soil and they are relatively cheap.

I would suggest to plant 小白菜,豆苗,奶白,herbs to make your time and effort worthwhile 😊

thanks, as long as the weight dont more then 200kg per shelf is enough

i aiming to grow something easy then slowly move up

this is the shelf i am talking about   https://brayco.com.sg/shelves/premium-shelving.html

pshelf455mm_by_1529mm_2_2.jpg

24 minutes ago, The_King said:

thanks, as long as the weight dont more then 200kg per shelf is enough

i aiming to grow something easy then slowly move up

this is the shelf i am talking about   https://brayco.com.sg/shelves/premium-shelving.html

pshelf455mm_by_1529mm_2_2.jpg

Must have sunlight. Unless u hanging led lights then that is ok. Just spend a bit more on electricity.

But take note ah when you water might spray onto the light modules.

This type of shelf cannot grow tall growing plants. Vege like 小白菜 and 奶白 are ok 👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Camper said:

Must have sunlight. Unless u hanging led lights then that is ok. Just spend a bit more on electricity.

But take note ah when you water might spray onto the light modules.

This type of shelf cannot grow tall growing plants. Vege like 小白菜 and 奶白 are ok 👍

i was hoping the area i want to put got 1 to 2 hr of direct morning sun light. if dont have then LED

the number of shelf i can decide how many i want

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The_King said:

i was hoping the area i want to put got 1 to 2 hr of direct morning sun light. if dont have then LED

the number of shelf i can decide how many i want

1 to 2hrs sunlight sure not enough. At worst also need 4hrs for veg to grow healthy

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...