My Harvest KYM?

Camper

13 hours ago, Camper said:

I find that buying a packet of chilli and some herbs like rosemary just for cooking a 2 person meal to be wasteful. Usually open the packet, use a handful of it and the rest were left to rot in fridge.

Chilli is incredibly hard to plant but if you do well, it will give you a steady harvest. Perhaps like 5 chilli a week. Enough for a small family.

20200805_091409.thumb.jpg.998cd011ba9ef7baba7b6d8634dbfbf0.jpg

This amount will last me maybe 2 days!

Is chili padi easy to plant?  I take a lot of chili.

200g per week.

12 hours ago, socrates469bc said:

can try soaking crushed lemongrass stalks in base oil for 2 days, then strained it to make essential oil.

ur place will have nice smell and insect-free.

I love the smell of Lemongrass. 

What is base oil? Some says use olive oil, very expensive leh!

12 hours ago, socrates469bc said:

ts can try growing lemongrass.

can use for food flavoring and natural insect repellent.

I just bought 1/2kg lemongrass today! :)

12 hours ago, Camper said:

Used to grow lemongrass. I use the leaves to boil water to drink.

Market bought lemon grass, cut the top and leave around 10cm of the bulb. Fill a glass of water, place the cut lemon grass inside the glass. Leave it under the sun for around 2 weeks. Add water as required. Once rooted just plant into soil. Very easy. Same rooting method for rosemary and basil.

I thought is boil the stalk not the leaves?  I always boil the Yellow base stalk!  :/

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bigbird said:

This amount will last me maybe 2 days!

Is chili padi easy to plant?  I take a lot of chili.

200g per week.

I love the smell of Lemongrass. 

What is base oil? Some says use olive oil, very expensive leh!

I just bought 1/2kg lemongrass today! :)

I thought is boil the stalk not the leaves?  I always boil the Yellow base stalk!  :/

Boil leave not as strong as the stalk. But if i cut the stalk it will die.

Chilli is difficult to grow. You need a lot of pesticide. Best if you can use organic type. Else... you are just taking small amounts of pesticides everyday.

After growing chilli for so long, i dare say it is impossible to grow it without pesticides. Remember to wash chilli with baking soda at least before consuming. Water isnt enough.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Camper said:

Boil leave not as strong as the stalk. But if i cut the stalk it will die.

Chilli is difficult to grow. You need a lot of pesticide. Best if you can use organic type. Else... you are just taking small amounts of pesticides everyday.

After growing chilli for so long, i dare say it is impossible to grow it without pesticides. Remember to wash chilli with baking soda at least before consuming. Water isnt enough.

Market dont sell lemongrass leaves leh! All stalks!

Damn too late.  I just rinse with water.  HAve been taking tons off chili liao! :wail:

Latest supply! Just made Sambal Balachan. 15 Big 12 padi

1213755625_20200805_203646copy.jpg.5eb93ba7316ab8e6bc3ce91953f65eaf.jpg

Edited by Bigbird
  • Like 2
  • fapfapfap 1

1 minute ago, Bigbird said:

Market dont sell lemongrass leaves leh! All stalks!

Damn too late.  I just rinse with water.  HAve been taking tons off chili liao! :wail:

Latest supply! Just made Sambal Balachan. 15 Big 12 padi

750354704_20200805_203646copy.jpg.0583c07ae2e3308e7bee6911c4f7fe01.jpg

20200805_203646.jpg

20200805_203646 copy.jpg

Haha not too late to change. Put a tea spoon agar agar worth of baking soda. Soak the chilli for about 5 mins. To make it super clean, you can add vinegar too. Rinse 2 more times with water before consuming..

This baking soda + vinegar combo can be used with washing clothes too

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Camper said:

Haha not too late to change. Put a tea spoon agar agar worth of baking soda. Soak the chilli for about 5 mins. To make it super clean, you can add vinegar too. Rinse 2 more times with water before consuming..

This baking soda + vinegar combo can be used with washing clothes too

Too late liao.

Some in my stomach liao!

p.s. sorry didnt know the pic posted so many. was trying to reduce the pic size.  Forgot to delete. :umchio:

2 hours ago, Camper said:

Can try by planting in a small soil pot. No need hydroponics. For fertilisers, my favourite way is to soak orange skins in a jar of water and another jar of water with crushed egg shells. Then water a fair amount once a week or so.

i gt 3 small.pots... grow chilli padi and simi purple basil (cos kaya say i love purple so MUST buy)... planning to grow cherry tomatoes.. 

• Like 2

I think about you. But I don't say it anymore -Marguerite Duras, 

3 minutes ago, beyond said:

i gt 3 small.pots... grow chilli padi and simi purple basil (cos kaya say i love purple so MUST buy)... planning to grow cherry tomatoes.. 

Basil easy. So no problem. Cherry tomatoes tricky. Need epsom salt periodically. Else keep growing flowers but no fruit.

Chilli padi.. really not easy. Loads of white flies.

9 hours ago, Camper said:

Basil easy. So no problem. Cherry tomatoes tricky. Need epsom salt periodically. Else keep growing flowers but no fruit.

Chilli padi.. really not easy. Loads of white flies.

my side simi insects by the window also bo... cos my hse many lizards.. LOL!!

15 minutes ago, beyond said:

my side simi insects by the window also bo... cos my hse many lizards.. LOL!!

Lol but they dont eat white flies i think. Spiders do. The white flies will coat a sticky white cotton like substance on the leaves and stems.

Usually spray liquid soap solution can kill them off and for prevention.

38 minutes ago, Camper said:

Lol but they dont eat white flies i think. Spiders do. The white flies will coat a sticky white cotton like substance on the leaves and stems.

Usually spray liquid soap solution can kill them off and for prevention.

nope... nv seen them... lol.... my prob here is the sun nia... all new hdb like bo sun one..    

12 minutes ago, beyond said:

nope... nv seen them... lol.... my prob here is the sun nia... all new hdb like bo sun one..    

Mine corner unit. Have good morning to noon sun, that is why my rosemary and chilli grows well. But artificial light can work also, just that it consumes electricity.

13 hours ago, Camper said:

Mine corner unit. Have good morning to noon sun, that is why my rosemary and chilli grows well. But artificial light can work also, just that it consumes electricity.

bo space lah... i out my pots at the service yard window ledge... lol... my small lil heaven... got mini fishtank with 2 goldies and hang one cage with a budgie... 

• Wahaha 1