[Football] The Premier League thread

ManOfTheHour

21 minutes ago, ManOfTheHour said:

I hope Liverpool dont do this when Klopp leaves cos Gerrard isnt ready. 
Souness managing Liverpool was a disaster too

Now too much at stake so dun tink the club will do this unless it has won enough (another 10 epl + 10 ucl) wif £1b in reserves... Look at mu arsenal having difficulty to return to winning rhythm.. sign wrong manyzer and chiu end up in midtable

• Like 2

Liverpool sign Greece defender Kostas Tsimikas from Olympiakos

Kostas Tsimikas: New Liverpool star reveals why he completed ...

Liverpool have made their first signing of the transfer window by bringing in Greece defender Konstantinos Tsimikas from Olympiakos on a long-term deal, the Premier League champions announced on Monday.

Financial details were not given but British media said Liverpool paid £11 million ($14.38 million) for Tsimikas, who has played three times for Greece since making his debut in October 2018.

The 24-year-old left back made 46 appearances for Olympiakos in all competitions last season as they won their 45th Greek Super League title.

Liverpool won Europe's elite club competition in 2019 but were knocked out by Atletico Madrid in the last 16 this term.

Tsimikas, who has had loan spells at Danish side Esjberg and Dutch outfit Willem II, has Champions League experience and is expected to provide cover for left back Andy Robertson.

"We've watched Kostas for a long time and are really happy that he's joined us. It's the perfect news before we come back together very soon," Klopp said.

"He's a very good footballer with an attitude to win and to compete, and I really like his mentality. It fits perfectly with the mood and the desire we have in our dressing room."

• Like 1

On 8/9/2020 at 4:54 PM, Homelander said:

Now the trend is hire legends

real madrid - zidane

mu - solskjaer

juve - pirlo

arsenal - arteta

chelsea - lampard

i feel nowadays those online people use the word "legends" too loosely. any ex players they will call "legends" already...

i remember reading somewhere people calling louis saha as "man utd legend".

yes, he scored a few goals for man utd. but, i can't agree he is a legend.

the above ex-player managers played well in their times. but legend might be too much for them.

If Zidane is a legend, he should be a juve one. He went RM to play a few good  years later. Pirlo was better for Milan.

Zidane, Solksjaer, Arteta, Lampard and Lampard were surrounded by good teams. Don't think they can hard carry the team consistently over a period.

Edited by meng.huat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, meng.huat said:

i feel nowadays those online people use the word "legends" too loosely. any ex players they will call "legends" already...

i remember reading somewhere people calling louis saha as "man utd legend".

yes, he scored a few goals for man utd. but, i can't agree he is a legend.

the above ex-player managers played well in their times. but legend might be too much for them.

If Zidane is a legend, he should be a juve one. He went RM to play a few good  years later. Pirlo was better for Milan.

Zidane, Solksjaer, Arteta, Lampard and Lampard were surrounded by good teams. Don't think they can hard carry the team consistently over a period.

maybe only arteta a bit harder to justify the legend tag lor

zidane volley won the cpl for real leh...that is his pinnacle highlight

solsjkaer also won 1999 cpl for mu treble in the last min

lampard and pirlo are consistently good servants for chelsea and juve ma

22 minutes ago, Homelander said:

maybe only arteta a bit harder to justify the legend tag lor

zidane volley won the cpl for real leh...that is his pinnacle highlight

solsjkaer also won 1999 cpl for mu treble in the last min

lampard and pirlo are consistently good servants for chelsea and juve ma

Zidane and Lampard have done enough to be legends. Solskjaer rarely started games and Arteta did more for Everton than Arsenal. 
agree with @meng.huat that former players are not legends, need to earn that right

skGDKsM.jpg

5 minutes ago, Homelander said:

then jamie carragher consider legend bo?

To me, no. 
That era of players only Gerrard can be called a legend, Xabi Alonso and Hyypia are honorable mentions.

I honestly feel Carra only had 1 good season at Liverpool. The rest he just spent shouting at players. 
Trent AA has already surpassed Carra imo. Trent will be remembered a genuine legend in 20 years. 

Edited by ManOfTheHour
  • Like 1

skGDKsM.jpg