Singapore General Election 2020: 10 July 2020 (Friday)

meng.huat

14 minutes ago, ManOfTheHour said:

Im happy tcb is getting youngsters interested in voting by doing social media etc. 

getting them interested is one thing, but having them make the rite decision is another and why this decision is more important.

by looking at the taiwanese example, i m not too certain.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, socrates469bc said:

getting them interested is one thing, but having them make the rite decision is another and why this decision is more important.

by looking at the taiwanese example, i m not too certain.

Ya not easy...wanna connect with the youth need to wear booty shorts and post ig pics

832B3657-C250-4AF7-892E-CE7EE1DD257A.jpeg

• Wahaha 1

7 minutes ago, Homelander said:

Ya not easy...wanna connect with the youth need to wear booty shorts and post ig pics

832B3657-C250-4AF7-892E-CE7EE1DD257A.jpeg

this is the easy part.

the tough part is convincing them that sgp economy is facing a tough challenge of pappy's own making and pappy by itself is not capable of solving it.

https://www.theedgesingapore.com/news/tourism/staycations-may-not-be-enough-fully-revive-singapores-tourism-industry

and the best part is that the original bloomberg heading is

Singapore’s Staycations Can’t Fill $20 Billion Tourism Gap

• Like 1
  • Wahaha 1

1 hour ago, ManOfTheHour said:

People in sengkang pls vote Workers Party

Yes, vote wisely Sengkangers!

• Like 1

Good content = Topics that genuinely encourages and stimulates interaction/banter. 

Bad content = Clickbaits, brag posts and social media news feed that nobody gives a flying fuck about + waste of server storage space

3 minutes ago, ManOfTheHour said:

As a young parent I wish i had such opposition in my area

Which opp contesting in ur area?

• Like 1

Good content = Topics that genuinely encourages and stimulates interaction/banter. 

Bad content = Clickbaits, brag posts and social media news feed that nobody gives a flying fuck about + waste of server storage space

8 minutes ago, ManOfTheHour said:

As a young parent I wish i had such opposition in my area

ah chee brought up a very good point on being a full-time mp at 24min.

nb, mp allowance is abt sgd15k per mth and is a part-time job.

i also want to have this part-time job.

Edited by socrates469bc
  • Like 3
  • Wahaha 1

2 hours ago, ManOfTheHour said:

Psp

Icic. They cmi one la...:lol:

Really hope this guy wins.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, ManOfTheHour said:

i noticed this time rd, many of oppo's new candidates actually have better qualifications than pappy.

ms khan could have been more tactful though but she did make a valid point regarding chc.

it is beyond me how the learned judges could have given a average 60% sentence reduction considering the fact that a sum of sgd50m was abused.

even under section 406, the judges could have given up to a 7 yrs sentence and a fine.

retribution is an important part of the sentencing process in the singapore judiciary system.

https://www.agc.gov.sg/docs/default-source/legal-processes/sentencing-in-singapore.pdf

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ManOfTheHour said:

I am amazed such talent was never in PAP’s radar like Jamus. PAP too busy shopping in the SAF for clueless clowns who forget how the real world works

pappy is trapped in group think mode, so people like jamus will not be welcomed.

• Sad 1

I am amazed such talent was never in PAP’s radar like Jamus. PAP too busy shopping in the SAF for clueless clowns who forget how the real world works

Prof. Tambyah is truly one in a million and most importantly, this brilliant gentleman has a spine.

And yes PAPies on the other hand only want obedient paper generals, civil servants and government scholars who'd fall in line with the dear leader, no questions asked. 

Edited by Cynical Ape
  • Like 2
  • angry 1

12 hours ago, Cynical Ape said:

Prof. Tambyah is truly one in a million and most importantly, this brilliant gentleman has a spine.

And yes PAPies on the other hand only want obedient paper generals, civil servants and government scholars who'd fall in line with the dear leader, no questions asked. 

This guy is indeed a Singaporean talent.

Something interesting about Paul's mother

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leaena_Tambyah

Leaena Tambyah (born 28 June 1937) is a special education advocate who founded Singapore's first school for children with multiple disabilities. The school was originally called the Handicapped Children's Playgroup, but went on to become the AWWA School. Tambyah also founded a programme called TEACH ME (Therapy and Educational Assistance for Children in Mainstream Education) to try to bring disabled children into mainstream schools, and to provide mobile therapy services to children whose families could not afford to bring them to a hospital.

• Like 3