What laptop brand are you using?

Chestnut

17 minutes ago, XianGe said:

Apple care no cover?

apple care replace battery if the capacity health is below 80%.

i hope to know if capacity health is above 80%, will it be chargable? if yes, is labour free under apple care and i pay for the battery only?

cause Lithium Ion degrade. if apple care change battery for free then the 3 yr warranty is worth it. else i rather save the apple care money and keep the money to replace the battery when i need in 3 to 4 yr

How long does it take for a lithium ion battery to degrade?

about two to three years

in storage. When a battery has been unused for 6 months, check the charge status and charge or dispose of the battery as appropriate. The typical estimated life of a Lithium-Ion battery is about two to three years or 300 to 500 charge cycles, whichever occurs first.

Do lithium ion batteries degrade?

A high-end lithium-polymer battery can lose about 20 percent of its capacity after 1000 charge cycles. ... And batteries degrade even if you don't use them. According to battery-testing firm Cadex Electronics, a fully charged lithium-ion battery will lose about 20 percent of its capacity after a year of typical storage.

Edited by The_King

1 hour ago, The_King said:

apple care replace battery if the capacity health is below 80%.

i hope to know if capacity health is above 80%, will it be chargable? if yes, is labour free under apple care and i pay for the battery only?

cause Lithium Ion degrade. if apple care change battery for free then the 3 yr warranty is worth it. else i rather save the apple care money and keep the money to replace the battery when i need in 3 to 4 yr

How long does it take for a lithium ion battery to degrade?

about two to three years

in storage. When a battery has been unused for 6 months, check the charge status and charge or dispose of the battery as appropriate. The typical estimated life of a Lithium-Ion battery is about two to three years or 300 to 500 charge cycles, whichever occurs first.

Do lithium ion batteries degrade?

A high-end lithium-polymer battery can lose about 20 percent of its capacity after 1000 charge cycles. ... And batteries degrade even if you don't use them. According to battery-testing firm Cadex Electronics, a fully charged lithium-ion battery will lose about 20 percent of its capacity after a year of typical storage.

Tis huan nid apple sexpert advise

22 minutes ago, The_King said:

for web, video and simple video editing, i guess only mac does it best with it new m1 chip at 1.3k

my 10yrs old MBA cant deal with that!  Just using it because its light & the boot up is OMG!  I actually bought the 1st gen MBA 2008 but there was a hinge manufacturer issue.  So Apple replace it for me at 2011. 

When is the new apple chip avail?  Am squeezing every cent out of the MBA now!

9 minutes ago, Bigbird said:

my 10yrs old MBA cant deal with that!  Just using it because its light & the boot up is OMG!  I actually bought the 1st gen MBA 2008 but there was a hinge manufacturer issue.  So Apple replace it for me at 2011. 

How muchie chiu bought tat MBA?

14 minutes ago, Bigbird said:

it already out

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, XianGe said:

How muchie chiu bought tat MBA?

Paid more then >$2k  then! Also bought a superdrive & use it 2 times in the 10+yrs! :/

22 hours ago, XianGe said:

It's a trick to make u upgrade

Out of warranty, so diy repair!

spacer.png

Bought this battery, very good! from amazon ~US$55!

Using for 4yrs liao, still holding charge!  Before this Anker, i tried using those after market or OEM batteries from those so called "apple repair shops", but after using for 2mths batteries charge dropped to 70%.  

Edited by Bigbird
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Homelander said:

Using Lenovo ideapad s540 for 6mths now. V good, no complains...processor is amd version

Previously lappie also Lenovo, used for 6+ years before uplorry

BCD42B08-A670-4C2B-B97C-1F579EE7F170.jpeg

Moi also considering

Ideapad less expensive

Shalala lala la la ~ 🌠

1 hour ago, Homelander said:

Using Lenovo ideapad s540 for 6mths now. V good, no complains...processor is amd version

Previously lappie also Lenovo, used for 6+ years before uplorry

BCD42B08-A670-4C2B-B97C-1F579EE7F170.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

Moi also considering

Ideapad less expensive

ideapads under ibm was better, use up to 10 yrs b4 uplorry but nowadays, most companies just write off after 5 yrs.

i used a dell inspiron for 10 yrs b4 uplorry also.

lenova ideapads and its ranges like yoga been reported having system stability issues after a yr or 2, so just be aware.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/barrycollins/2020/09/21/heres-why-windows-10-crashes-on-lenovo-laptopsand-how-to-stop-it/?sh=2a00b1d6360e

acer also have system stability issues.

hp envy and pavillion have wifi connectivity issues.

thus far, i only find asus, dell and fujitsu laptops not giving me problems.

• Like 3

I still have a 2006 Old Sony Viao VGN TX750p  Made In Japan with inbuilt optical Drive (only 1.26KG)! 

spacer.png

This  is the best lappy then and the lightest i known!

My next would be either a Thinkpad or MBP! 

Is the Thinkpad still good these days?

Edited by Bigbird
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Bigbird said:

I still have a 2006 Old Sony Viao VGN TX750p  Made In Japan with inbuilt optical Drive (only 1.26KG)! 

spacer.png

This  is the best lappy then and the lightest i known!

My next would be either a Thinkpad or MBP! 

Is the Thinkpad still good these days?

My side use ThinkPad, so far only 2 or 3 set with problem

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1