This is hawker food at bedok (Opened by an ex-Din Tai Fung chef)

The_King

• The_King changed the title to This is hawker food at bedok (Opened by an ex-Din Tai Fung chef)

I went and tried it yesterday with my mum and sisters. The queue is damn bloody long and formed even before the stall opened for business in the evening.

Interestingly enough, there were already orders placed by people before the stall opened and before the queue formed. The cook and his assistants were just busy clearly those pre-orders and took them a long while to wrap them up. Only then did the stall opened for business and order taking started with the queue.

Food was nice.The pork chop and prawn fried rice are pretty darn close to what DTF serves but at half the price or so. The Dan Dan noodles was ok.

My verdict:

Food: Pork Chop or Prawn Fried Rice - 4.5/5 (Rice was not fluffy and seemed a bit to "wet", pork chop is on the salty side of things)

Food: Dan Dan Noodles - 4/5 (A bit "heavy" on taste and some might find it salty)

RTE (Return To Eat): Sure why not but must find out how to do the pre-ordering first to avoid waiting in the queue like an idiot.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DynamiteZerg said:

I went and tried it yesterday with my mum and sisters. The queue is damn bloody long and formed even before the stall opened for business in the evening.

Interestingly enough, there were already orders placed by people before the stall opened and before the queue formed. The cook and his assistants were just busy clearly those pre-orders and took them a long while to wrap them up. Only then did the stall opened for business and order taking started with the queue.

Food was nice.The pork chop and prawn fried rice are pretty darn close to what DTF serves but at half the price or so. The Dan Dan noodles was ok.

My verdict:

Food: Pork Chop or Prawn Fried Rice - 4.5/5 (Rice was not fluffy and seemed a bit to "wet", pork chop is on the salty side of things)

Food: Dan Dan Noodles - 4/5 (A bit "heavy" on taste and some might find it salty)

RTE (Return To Eat): Sure why not but must find out how to do the pre-ordering first to avoid waiting in the queue like an idiot.

do update on the pre ordering

How long was the wait

4 hours ago, The_King said:

do update on the pre ordering

How long was the wait

Haven't found out about the pre-ordering part yet... still WIP

The stall assistant told my sister, who went there after noon ish, that the afternoon business hours were over and to come back at 5.30pm for the evening opening hours.

So my mum, my sisters and I turned up before 5.30pm just to be told that the evening opening hours have shifted to 6pm due to the clearing of the pre-orders. At that point, there's no queue yet. So I went to buy a drink while my family settle down on a table. When I got my drink back at the table a queue has already formed and I just joined in.

The actual time that the stall opened for evening business was 6.30ish and that's when they started taking actual orders from the queue.

I joined the queue around 5.40ish and waited till 6.30ish... about an hour's wait?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DynamiteZerg said:

Haven't found out about the pre-ordering part yet... still WIP

The stall assistant told my sister, who went there after noon ish, that the afternoon business hours were over and to come back at 5.30pm for the evening opening hours.

So my mum, my sisters and I turned up before 5.30pm just to be told that the evening opening hours have shifted to 6pm due to the clearing of the pre-orders. At that point, there's no queue yet. So I went to buy a drink while my family settle down on a table. When I got my drink back at the table a queue has already formed and I just joined in.

The actual time that the stall opened for evening business was 6.30ish and that's when they started taking actual orders from the queue.

I joined the queue around 5.40ish and waited till 6.30ish... about an hour's wait?

1hr wait for 50% off at near DTF level is worth it