"Made of Metal" News \m/

metalrover

Rock & Metal Musicians Pay Tribute To EDDIE VAN HALEN, RIP

17177648714_ebce7964dd_o.jpg.a37da2d3c76ed7a891a2a96bcb4d89e7.jpg

To say the entire rock world is shocked with the sudden, but not unexpected loss of guitar god Eddie Van Halen is an understatement. Not only would rock and metal never be the same, but music in general without the Van Halen guitarist. The dude was insanely innovative, seriously look up all the advancements he was a part of. Sadly, throat cancer took his life at the young age of 65.

The rock world was quick to react, from all parts of rock and metal and beyond. Here are a bunch of tributes we've gathered.

Source : metalinjection.net

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, ManOfTheHour said:

Amazon sold out of Van Halen cds lol. Really lotsa bandwagon folks

My friend intro me listen Van Halen & Soundgarden in the 90s. Both bands released albums at around the same time. Moi ended up buying "Superunknown" Soundgarden cd, not really into van halen.

6 minutes ago, metalrover said:

My friend intro me listen Van Halen & Soundgarden in the 90s. Both bands released albums at around the same time. Moi ended up buying "Superunknown" Soundgarden cd, not really into van halen.

I guessing you referring to VH’s Balance from 95. 
VH 1978-1991 is very good. EVH made average songs interesting with his play. 

Superunknown is Soundgarden’s best record. I cant seem to enjoy 80s Soundgarden though

• Like 1

skGDKsM.jpg

7 minutes ago, ManOfTheHour said:

I guessing you referring to VH’s Balance from 95. 
VH 1978-1991 is very good. EVH made average songs interesting with his play. 

Superunknown is Soundgarden’s best record. I cant seem to enjoy 80s Soundgarden though

Van_Halen_-_Balance.jpg.bb478f1adb5efebe2ed9b92fe62457b7.jpg

Yes, this one. Moi always preferred moar brutal stuff, soundgarden wasnt brutal, but moi found superunknown really good that moi bought it. No regrets at that time. That was my transition period, before moi went into black metal.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, metalrover said:

Van_Halen_-_Balance.jpg.bb478f1adb5efebe2ed9b92fe62457b7.jpg

Yes, this one. Moi always preferred moar brutal stuff, soundgarden wasnt brutal, but moi found superunknown really good that moi bought it. No regrets at that time. That was my transition period, before moi went into black metal.

Good choice. Superunknown wins Balance anyday haha. Balance mostly slow stuff

• Like 1

skGDKsM.jpg

10 minutes ago, ManOfTheHour said:

Good choice. Superunknown wins Balance anyday haha. Balance mostly slow stuff

Superunknown was probably one of the last mainstream albums moi bought. Sepultura's Blood Rooted compilation album was another classic one, and Soulfly.

Track Premiere: Malicious – “Death Embalmed”

271131-1170x1170.thumb.jpg.f7e17f9f020655ddfd89faac3120403a.jpg

Nearly a decade after forming, but finally Finland’s thrashing old school black/death legion Malicious will release their debut album Deranged Hexes. Across the eight tracks that comprise Deranged Hexes, the Finnish quartet maintain a demonically charged intensity, slaying relentlessly at hellish speeds for 25 minutes straight. Blazing riffs to set your soul on fire impaled with non-stop solos, downright possessed drumming and gibbering demon vocals—despite its length, Deranged Hexes is nothing short of astounding . . . and terrifying.

502458-1170x870.thumb.jpg.89a2b31be39b1e92e41d8095df82b78c.jpg

Deranged Hexes comes out Friday October 30 from Invictus Productions. It’s our pleasure to host this exclusive premiere, another absolute garotter in the form of “Death Embalmed,” from Malicious’ forthcoming debut. 

Riku Polameri, the band’s drummer, says “[‘Death Embalmed’] is about Death itself being a prime mover in the universe, something that is not bound by the laws of physics and is therefore elusive to current understanding of man, even though it’s influence can be seen and felt all around.”

Source : decibelmagazine.com

AMON AMARTH Drops Music Video For 'Fafner's Gold'

IMG_20201017_143336.thumb.jpg.c59c7705a43696d01cc2ea3d287ff33a.jpg

AMON AMARTH's 10th studio album, 2016's "Jomsviking", has just been certified gold in Germany.

The band comments: "Berserkers! Behold, this is our week of gold! First, we are very proud to say that our 'Jomsviking' album has been officially certified gold in Germany. A mighty special thanks from us to our dedicated German fans for making this happen, for without you on our side we are nothing. This award is a glorious victory for all of us! Skål!"

The gold celebration continues with the launch of a new video for "Fafner's Gold" — a track that appeared on 2019's "Berserker". Shot in Oberhausen, Germany at König Pilsner Arena on last year's Berserker European headline tour, the clip shows AMON AMARTH in its full arena metal glory. The video was produced by FOG Productions GmbH and Eat The Beat Music, directed by Jörg Maas, edited by Daniel Barnes, with final editing by Denise Korycki of Wild Wind Productions.

AMON AMARTH adds: "Has anyone ever wondered what it's like to see a full power AMON AMARTH live arena show in Europe? We distilled our 'Berserker' European Tour show and bring it to you via video of 'Fafner's Gold'. It has it all: fire, more fire, fighting Vikings, a flying Viking Helmet riser, giant stone Guardians of Asgaard, an epic sea serpent and...Fafner's Gold. Please enjoy, stay safe out there and Raise Your Horns!"

"Berserker" was released in May 2018 via Metal Blade Records. The disc was recorded at Sphere Studios in North Hollywood, California with producer Jay Ruston, who has previously worked with ANTHRAX, STEEL PANTHER, URIAH HEEP and STONE SOUR. 

Source : blabbermouth.net

• 3 months later...

GettyImages-451820150.jpg.9c5d92f28f9e0f286d0d21e9ac5251ab.jpg

Cannibal Corpse Debut Brutal ‘Inhumane Harvest’ + Announce 15th Album

Death metal juggernauts Cannibal Corpse have set Violence Unimagined as the title of their 15th studio album, which will be released on April 16. Leading the onslaught is "Inhumane Harvest," the pummeling first single.

There's no surprises here and there shouldn't be — Cannibal Corpse have perfected a sound that requires little deviation and, if they did, it would certainly be a harbinger of the end of days. "Inhumane Harvest" wields the familiar brutality and technical prowess the band made their name on as they helped define death metal at its inception.

Artist Vincent Locke, who has been the sole provider of the gruesome displays on each of Cannibal Corpse's records, makes his return here with another simple yet disturbing image that has been the focus of the last 15 years, opposed to the overtly graphic pieces that adorned the band's earlier works.

This new album also marks the first time producer and Hate Eternal founder Erik Rutan has joined the ranks for a Cannibal Corpse album. The guitarist joined the band in the absence of longtime axeman Pat O'Brien, who was arrested in a bizarre sequence of events involving his intrusion of a nearby home and warning of the rapture as well as assaulting a police officer while his own house, full of exploding ammunition, was on fire.

The band later issued a statement expressing support for their bandmate while also noting he was seeking the help he needed.

"I think the most noticeable difference on this record will be the addition of Erik to the band. He wrote three full songs for the record, music and lyrics, and his song writing and guitar playing have added something new, and I think his musical style integrated into ours very well," said bassist Alex Webster.

"He's a great friend of ours, so on a personal level, he's been a perfect fit, as we knew he would be. Beyond that, he's one of the hardest working people I know, in music or otherwise, and he maintains a high energy, positive demeanor in challenging situations where other people might go in a negative direction," continued Webster.

"This energy and great attitude rubs off on the rest of us as well. That's really a perfect situation to have when you add someone to a band, or any kind of team: someone who's great at what they do, and also inspires the people around them."

Cannibal Corpse, "Inhumane Harvest"

Cannibal Corpse, "Inhumane Harvest"

Subscribe to Loudwire on 

Cannibal Corpse, Violence Unimagined Album Art + Track Listing

Metal Blade

cannibal_corpse_violence_unimagined_album_art.thumb.jpg.664cf84d30bd67c95306c670acb950e8.jpg

01. "Murderous Rampage"
02. "Necrogenic Resurrection"
03. "Inhumane Harvest"
04. "Comdenation Contagion"
05. "Surround, Kill, Devour"
06. "Ritual Annihilation"
07. "Follow the Blood"
08. "Bound and Burned"
09. "Slowly Sawn"
10. "Overtorture"
11. "Cerements of the Flayed"

Read More: Cannibal Corpse Debut 'Inhumane Harvest' + Announce 15th Album | https://loudwire.com/cannibal-corpse-inhumane-harvest-lyrics-violence-unimagined-album/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...