"Made of Metal" News \m/

metalrover

MAN PLAYS GUITAR IN THE MIDDLE OF BRAIN SURGERY

Guitar-Brain-Surgery.png.3c073ac3011230d90b6b8f58c87573ba.png

TweetShare South African jazz musician Musa Manzini recently underwent surgery to remove a tumor from his brain. Surgeons requested that Manzini remain awake throughout the operation and that he play his guitar as a means of assisting them with the procedure, known as an awake craniotomy. The six-hour operation was the result of a recurring tumor which threatened paralysis or loss of functions in the part of the brain that controls voluntary movement and was the preferred method to preserve and restore finger movement in the musician's hands. “In this way, we can test regions of the brain before they are removed. This allows for increased removal of the tumour, while minimising damage to the brain," Dr. Enicker, one of the surgeons who operated on Manzini, told IOL.

See footage of Manzini playing guitar mid-surgery below.

Manzini is seen lightly strumming his acoustic guitar, playing a series of notes as the team of surgeons work on his brain. “It can be very difficult to tell the difference between the tumor and normal brain tissue,’ said Enicker (via The New York Times). "Once you’re near a critical area, you can pick it up early, because he will tell you." As of one week ago, Manzini was said to be doing well and is recovering from the surgery.

Source : loudwire.com

Metal Mania From Mongolia Invades YouTube With Guitar Riffs, Guttural Singing

Centuries after Genghis Khan raged across Eurasia, Mongolians have launched a new kind of offensive, which might outshine the conquests of their ancestors. The band Hu, mixing rock music with traditional themes, has found inspiration in their country’s long history, making nomadic life great again.

Two clips, released by the Mongolian rockers from the band named Hu (which means human) in autumn 2018, are sending shockwaves across YouTube, conquering news fans all over the globe. The clips titled Yuve Yuve Yu and Wolf Totem have already gained over 8 million views and almost 300 thumbs-up.

They may have exchanged the horses that once terrified thousands of people across Eurasia for motorcycles, but have kept the tribal and warlike spirit. Commentators seemed to enjoy this authenticity a lot and voiced a readiness to surrender.

"Awesome!!!I was expecting some Metallica clone and I received very authentic and delightful tribal rock, with Mongolian roots”, one YouTuber posted below the Wolf Totem video.

Some even confessed that this musical discovery made them want to be Mongolian.

"So much Mongolian pride! The song and video gave me chills down my spine and goosebumps! I really enjoyed it and can’t wait to see more of your groups work!” a user wrote, while another claimed that although he had no Mongolian ancestry, this spoke to something inside of him as if he had.

References to the era of Genghis Khan could not be avoided.

"The last time these folks went on tour, they totally slayed. Most of Europe. It was mostly death metal, back then. Serious rockers”, one of the netizens posted.

The band, defining their style as "hunnu rock", apparently takes pride in their nation’s storied past. So, they plan to call their first album, which they have been putting together for seven years already, Gereg after the name of a passport from Genghis Khan’s Empire and even mention the conqueror’s name in one of their hits.

Additionally, the Hu incorporate the sound of traditional instruments, like a horsehead fiddle, Jaw harp and a local type of guitar as well as throat singing into the more familiar heavy metal sound of pounding bass and rock drums.

According to National Public Radio, all the band’s members have a solid music education as they learned to play historic instruments at the Mongolian State conservatory. They felt they would eventually achieve success beyond Mongolia’s borders.

Sauce :  sputniknews.com

• 1 month later...

Interview: Waking the Cadaver Vocalist on Reunion, New Music and Memes

WTC-2018-1170x658.thumb.jpg.0be5aaf16b6d2459dc002eab3b8ecdcc.jpg

After a five year hiatus, Waking The Cadaver have announced that they are reuniting with original vocalist Don Campan (Hate Diplomacy) and guitarist Mike Mayo (Ground) with bassist Michael Thomas (Ground, Bandit), rhythm guitarist Tim Carey and drummer Matt Crismond (Corpse Hoarder) rounding out the lineup. The band, who were active from 2006 to 2013, recently announced a show at Brooklyn’s Saint Vitus Bar on November 24 with Dehumanized and Enemy Mind. Decibel sat down with Campan to discuss some of the details around the long-awaited reunion.

Why reunite now? Was there any specific reason you chose 2018 to reunite?
The fans would be the main reason for the reunion, it seems they cannot wait any longer. The continual fanbase is growing at a rapid rate. I find that very impressive, because the band has been inactive for quite some time. To wait any longer to please a fanbase that is in high demand would be foolish. Fall 2018 (SLAM SEASON) is a good year because it jump-starts us a little bit with having some big announcements in 2019.

WTC was probably most well known for your incredible vocal technique, how did you achieve such an inhuman effect on your vocals?

Thank you for the compliment! I am able to control the inhaled flow of oxygen and taper the sound to where I want the pitch to be created in my throat area. In addition, flexing my muscles in my throat and mouth movements, along with tongue movements and anything else that I can create a unique sound patterns with will go down inside.

Your new project, Hate Diplomacy, writes lyrics about various progressive causes. How do you counterbalance this with some of the more controversial subject matter WTC covers in their lyrics?
Waking the Cadaver had a mission when we first came out. We wanted to be over the top and push the envelope in many directions just like a horror movie would and make people really feel a certain way with a theatrical, horror-esque theme.

Hate Diplomacy has a different mission as well and it’s clear as day what I am trying to do here with this band lyrically … which is to move some people’s minds in directions they may not have dwelled beforehand. Both bands should not be compared to one another. They are separate creative ideas and separate driven agendas. But at the same exact time, you will always be hearing me now on stage with a positive mindset and reinforcing a lot of unity within our already strong music community/scene.

Are there any plans for new WTC recordings in the near future?
Yes, absolutely, a lot of big plans lined up and there are no limits for this band. In my opinion, anything is possible and everybody knows what we are capable of and we are going to show everybody how much we have grown as musicians throughout these passing years. The two songs that have been written already are out of control [and] mind-boggling! And as we normally do in my opinion, we are bringing fresh innovative ideas to set ourselves apart from the normal trends that are going on which has always made up our unique sound.

How big of a boost did that “Shredded Wheat” video give to your band? I know that was the first time me and my friends ever heard about WTC.

May I dare say I could be the first meme ever created? [laughs] Yes, I think it is very funny how people used to interpret guttural sounds… and when people saw this video, I think you could not deny that it was extremely funny.

I don’t think I could have created a better video to try and boost traffic, so I am greatly appreciative to the person who created it and it has created a marketing buzzword for the band and it’s kind of an iconic reference nowadays to my vocal style and specifically me in particular, so it is very funny and I guess I am very grateful for it at the end of the day. [laughs] xoxo

Sauce : decibelmagazine.com

Edited by metalrover

Read an Excerpt from Upcoming Kvlt Comic Belzebubs

belzebubs_polaroid-1170x1170.thumb.png.bd035324b7f3ecb8992be17ca05c8129.png

If you haven’t been acquainted yet, allow us to introduce you to Belzebubs. The cartoon band has been documented in the series of comic strips bearing the same name and their debut album, Pantheon of the Nightside Gods, is slated for an April 26 release on Century Media. In other words, they’re like Gorillaz, except cooler and more kvlt. Belzebubs the book is due for a March release, so Decibel had a brief interview with the band. They also shared a few new pages for your viewing pleasure.

If you’re into what you see, you can acquire a copy of Belzebubs through Top Shelf Comix or pretty much anywhere books are sold.

belzebubs_62-1170x1170.thumb.png.0bf5e4d55324d4f7b03fd3caf8044b18.png

Can you tell us a little about your band, Belzebubs? Who’s in it and what kind of music do you play? How long have you been around?
Sløth: Well, Belzebubs was originally formed as a three-piece by Hubbath (bass & vocals), Izkariot (drums) and myself (guitars & vocals) way back in 2002. Obesyx joined the crew as a lead guitarist soon after, and thanks to him we actually started sounding like a proper band.

Our history has felt more like a fucking obstacle course, though. I mean, first Izkariot found Jesus and quit the group, then we were unable to find a replacement, our record label went bankrupt, we got kicked out of the second one, banned from quite a few venues, our stand-in drummer was stabbed in the face, the list just goes on. In a way, we honestly feel like a debuting band, young and thirsty.

Well, mostly thirsty.

Anyhow, things are finally starting to click as we’ve found a new drummer, Samaël, and been picked up by Century Media—which is pretty damn neat. In addition, we’ve also paired up with composer/keyboardist Desibelius, so our sound has been elevated from typical black metal into something more in the vein of, I dunno, progressively occult blackened elegian death with melodic orchestrations & neoclassicism? 

belzebubs_96-1170x1170.thumb.png.644812ce12fb3a1a8ca292c29042281a.png

What’d you call that in short?
Sløth: I dunno.

Erh…PrOBE DeMON?

No no no, don’t write that, just put ”black metal,” let the mob fight it out. Anyhow, you’ll get a better idea when our full-length album, Pantheon of the Nightside Gods, drops in April.

belzebubs_97-1170x1170.thumb.png.ea7587f462dba07a5bb5fce85d54a91c.png

The black metal band is also the “family business.” Are the kids, Leviathan and Lilith, also black metal musicians?
Sløth: I see Leviathan taking after his old man, which is very humbling, of course, but also troubles me. Lucyfer and I try to encourage the kids to become whatever they like, so as long as they put their minds to it, we’ll be there to support it.

Even forming a reggae band?
Sløth: E….even that…IF they absolutely must… But let’s just hope my mortal body will Brexit the hell out of here before that happens.

Your home life seems quite a bit different from the rest of us humans—your babies levitate, your pets are Lovecraftian horror and everything in your life (including flirting) revolves around black metal. Do you have normie friends? What do they think of your life?
Sløth: Sure we do. Our friends don’t judge. They have the common decency and brain capacity to understand we all come from different backgrounds and cultures. And it’s not like we’d be some fucking unholy rollers. We don’t attend black mass weekly or shove our beliefs or disbeliefs down others’ throats, you know.

belzebubs_63-1170x1170.thumb.png.06720481f49c38757de553c40d0b11f0.png

When your family isn’t playing black metal or worshipping something evil, what’s your life like?
Sløth: Pretty mundane, I guess? I think you’ll get a better understanding if you check out the documentary. We’ve had a crew on our tails for years now, recording all the ups and downs of our lives. At first it was weird, but I barely pay attention to them anymore.

belzebubs_front_cover-1170x1036.thumb.png.30e87756929f76c843144d53952d4365.png

Sauce : decibelmagazine.com

Edited by metalrover

• 2 weeks later...

Petition calls for ban on 2 Swedish death metal bands to perform in Singapore

7a1d75d34e3414fc37b1525cd723f93b.jpg.1d355b4d7145125300686da402aa1503.jpg

Back

YahooSTYLE

Petition calls for ban on 2 Swedish death metal bands to perform in Singapore

Staff Writer, Singapore

Yahoo Lifestyle SingaporeMarch 6, 2019, 9:21 PM GMT+8

Swedish death metal band Watain is scheduled to perform in Singapore on 7 March 2019 at Ebenex Live Space. IMAGE: Facebook

A petition has been created to call for two Swedish death metals to be banned from performing in Singapore.

The creator of the petition, Rachel Chan, wrote, “These heavy metal bands do not represent the culture which we want in our youths. Their subliminal messages in their songs include death and suicide.” The petition is addressed to the Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth.

signatures as of 9.15pm.

Watain is scheduled to perform on Thursday night at EBX Live Space. The band has released six studio albums to date including “Trident Wolf Eclipse” released in 2018.

Soilwork will perform at the same venue on 29 October this year. Formed in 1995, the veteran band has released 11 studio albums including their 2019 release “Verkligheten”.

Many petitioners have expressed vehement objection to the two planned performances.

A petitioner by the name of Lawrence Lim, wrote, “We should never encourage violence, lack of respect for religions and satanic worship in our society.”

Another petitioner, Lin Hui Ming Jane, wrote, “I googled on this group. Singapore authorities must be mad to allow them to perform in Singapore. This is beyond me. No way for such act! Madness!”

Sauce : sg.style.yahoo.com

Edited by metalrover

Swedish black metal band Watain's gig in Singapore cancelled due to 'security concerns'

20190307_170339.thumb.png.9f8d49c4f943dbf38f276b85deff3dc9.png

SINGAPORE: A concert by Swedish black metal band Watain due to take place on Thursday (Mar 7) evening has been cancelled by the Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA), following "security concerns" recently raised by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA). 

In a statement on Thursday afternoon, IMDA said it had earlier allowed the concert with a rating of Restricted 18 (R18). It was due to be held at EBX Live Space at Pereira Road.

"Given the band's history, IMDA imposed further stringent requirements including the removal of songs which are religiously offensive, that the band cannot make references to religion or use religious symbols and that no ritualistic acts are performed on stage," according to the statement. 

However, on Thursday, MHA gave its assessment that the performance should not proceed, the statement added.  "MHA has expressed serious concerns about the concert, given the band's history of denigrating religions and promoting violence, which has potential to cause enmity and disrupt Singapore's social harmony," said IMDA. 

"Watain is known for its Satanist views and some of their previous controversial performances involved animal carcasses and throwing pig's blood on its audience. The band also espouses anti-Christian views and advocates Satanism through their songs and endorses violence. 

"MHA has therefore asked IMDA to consider cancelling the concert for reasons of public order, and IMDA has agreed," the authority added. 

As of Thursday afternoon, an online petition calling for Watain and another group, Soilwork, to be banned from performing in Singapore had garnered more than 16,000 signatures. 

According to a Facebook event page, Soilwork's concert is scheduled to take place at the same venue on Oct 29. The Change.org petition was started by one Rachel Chan, who described the bands as "not (representing) the culture which we want in our youths". It was addressed to Minister for Culture, Community and Youth Grace Fu. "Their subliminal messages in their songs include death and suicide," she added.  

Sauce : channelnewsasia.com

:/

Edited by metalrover

Remembering 5 years ago :

CRADLE OF FILTH - SINGAPORE SHOW CANCELLED BY POLICE

April 25, 2013

COF-contest.jpg.jpeg.5e47f44df1fb0fe25cbb9413a6836d1b.jpeg

CRADLE OF FILTH's scheduled show tomorrow night (Friday, April 26th) at Power House in Singapore has been cancelled by police. A message from the band states: "Unfortunately, the show in Singapore has been cancelled by the police.

However, the whole band will be doing a signing session followed by an intensive Q & A session. For the best questions, Paul Allender will be giving a private 30 min. one on one guitar lesson after to teach you anything you would like to learn." Paul Allender is featured in a new audio interview with The Front Row Report. He discusses the band's latest album, The Manticore and Other Horrors, their latest trek in Europe, the reasons behind switching things up on every tour, the schedule of releasing an album at the same time every year and more.

:/

Swedish metal band Soilwork’s Singapore concert to go on: organiser

13ca754c6adfdb91ce9b5a3dcf6532e1.jpg.ef760c8b96b0af2aa61ac38d66f061f7.jpg

Swedish death metal band Soilwork are still scheduled to perform in Singapore on 29 October, said the event organiser, despite a petition calling for its ban. (PHOTO: Street Noise SG/Facebook)

The Swedish death metal band Soilwork will perform in Singapore as planned later this year, said the concert organiser, amid controversy over a petition calling for the event to be banned.

In a post on its Facebook page, Street Noise SG, the organiser of Soilwork’s concert at EBX Live Space on 29 October 2019, said late Thursday (7 March) that “Soilwork is here to stay. So are the other shows. And the future shows to come.”

“For as long as we can hold up against those bulls**t we will continue to stand tall and fight on. We have always done the right thing, getting the right licenses and approvals, placing licensed security personnels where necessary, doing whatever it takes to make things work. We break no rules. We harm no one,” said Street Noise SG.

Earlier on Thursday, the Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) said that the “Watain Live in Singapore” concert, originally scheduled to take place at EBX Live Space later that night, had been cancelled, as advised by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA).

The concert by the Swedish black metal band, organised by Ravage Records, was initially allowed to take place with a rating of Restricted 18 (R18) with other “stringent requirements” in place, including the removal of religiously offensive songs, references to religion or using religious symbols, and ritualistic acts on stage.

Watain and Soilwork were listed in a petition signed by more than 17,000 people who called for the two bands to be banned from performing in Singapore.

The creator of the petition, Rachel Chan, wrote, “These heavy metal bands do not represent the culture which we want in our youths. Their subliminal messages in their songs include death and suicide.”

Explaining the reason for the ban, Home Affairs and Law Minister K Shanmugam said at a doorstop interview at the Ministry of Law on Thursday that allowing Watain’s concert to be held will be “against public order interest” and “affect our religious and social harmony”.

Shanmugam noted that the band’s music is “very offensive towards Christians, Jews, supportive of violence, including encouraging the burning of churches.”

When asked if the concert by Soilwork will be banned, an IMDA spokesperson said “each performance is assessed on a case-by-case basis”.

On Friday afternoon, Street Noise SG posted a screenshot of the approval of its Arts Entertainment License by IMDA dated 22 November 2018 alongside the event poster of Soilwork’s upcoming concert on its Facebook page.

b584469b9981a2ae6e241d798b2ce313.jpg.b7caf5f1fc7ba6f5532db76a64d1ad8d.jpg

IMDA’s approval of the Arts Entertainment Licence of Street Noise SG, the organiser of Soilwork’s concert at EBX Live Space on 29 October. (SOURCE: Street Noise SG/Facebook)

The early-bird tickets for the Soilwork concert are sold out. Street Noise SG has also lined up other metal artistes to perform in Singapore this year including Cryptosy on 5 July and Chris Holmes (ex-Wasp) and the Mean Man on 21 August.

In an indirect reference to the petition, Street Noise SG wrote in its Facebook post on Thursday, “So until the day comes for us to say good bye, please continue to support your local promoters…And with all these drama mamas coming in at us, we are now at a new low. This is (the) reality here in Singapore.”

Sauce: sg.news.yahoo.com

Edited by metalrover

Death metal music inspires joy not violence

_105995004_mediaitem105995003.jpg.5ff92ffca6e7dbbf3546872e36350c6f.jpg

I've had one desire since I was born; to see my body ripped and torn.

The lyrics of death metal band Bloodbath's cannibalism-themed track, Eaten, do not leave much to the imagination. But neither this song - nor the gruesome lyrics of others of the genre - inspire violence.

That is the conclusion of Macquarie University's music lab, which used the track in a psychological test.

It revealed that death metal fans are not "desensitised" to violent imagery.

The findings are published in the Royal Society journal Open Science,

"[Death metal] fans are nice people," said Prof Bill Thompson, from the Australian university, which is based in Sydney. "They're not going to go out and hurt someone."

This latest study is part of a decades-long investigation by Prof Thompson and his colleagues into the emotional effects of music. These effects, he explained, are complex.

"Many people enjoy sad music, and that's a bit of a paradox - why would we want to make ourselves sad?" he asked. "The same can be said of music with aggressive or violent themes. For us, it's a psychological paradox - so [as scientists] we're curious, and at the same time we recognise that violence in the media is a socially significant issue."

How do scientists test people's sensitivity to violence?

With a classic psychological experiment that probes people's subconscious responses; and by recruiting death metal fans to take part. The test involved asking 32 fans and 48 non-fans listen to death metal or to pop, whilst looking at some pretty unpleasant images.

_105996561_92aa6ea1-9bb5-436b-a36d-dadb9ee2e3ea.jpg.88f5d8734d40159e17f61daf74bc0ff5.jpg

Lead researcher Yanan Sun explained that the aim of the experiment was to measure how much participants' brains noticed violent scenes, and to compare how their sensitivity was affected by the musical accompaniment.

To test the impact of different types of music, they also used a track they deemed to be the opposite of Eaten.

"We used 'Happy' by Pharrell Williams as a [comparison]," said Dr Sun.

Each participant was played Happy or Eaten through headphones, while they were shown a pair of images - one to each eye. One image showed a violent scene, such as someone being attacked in a street. The other showed something innocuous - a group of people walking down that same street, for example.

"It's called binocular rivalry," explained Dr Sun. The basis of this psychological test is that when most people are presented with a neutral image to one eye and a violent image to the other - they see the violent image more.

"The brain will try to take it in - presumably there's a biological reason for that, because it's a threat," Prof Thompson explained.

"If fans of violent music were desensitised to violence, which is what a lot of parent groups, religious groups and censorship boards are worried about, then they wouldn't show this same bias. "But the fans showed the very same bias towards processing these violent images as those who were not fans of this music."

What did the band think of their music being used like this?

"We don't have any issue with it," Bloodbath's lead singer Nick Holmes told BBC News. "The lyrics are harmless fun, as the study proved." He added that Bloodbath's lyrical content was "basically an aural version of an 80s horror film".

"The majority of death metal fans are intelligent, thoughtful people who just have a passion for the music," he said. "It's the equivalent of people who are obsessed with horror movies or even battle re-enactments."

Why does this matter?

Prof Thompson said the findings should be "reassuring to parents or religious groups" concerned about violent music.

More broadly, there is still concern that violence in media leads to social problems. "If you're desensitised to violence, perhaps you wouldn't care if you saw someone on the street getting hurt - you wouldn't help."

But while research has found some evidence of such desensitisation in people who play a lot of violent video games, music, it seems is different.

"The dominant emotional response to this music is joy and empowerment," said Prof Thompson. "And I think that to listen to this music and to transform it into an empowering, beautiful experience - that's an amazing thing."

Nick Holmes identified with that, saying that most of the he enjoyed was "melancholic, dramatic, sad or aggressive and not much in-between".

"I take joy and empowerment from those styles," he told BBC News.

On the topic of the Eaten's lyrics, he added: "I didn't personally write them, but I would be frankly astounded if anyone listened to that song and then felt a desire to be eaten by a cannibal."

Source : bbc.com/news/science-environment

• Like 1

Slam death metal music

Wiki

Slam death metal is a style of brutal death metal subgenre which focuses on the 'mosh' parts (slams) rather than the blasting parts. The genre started in 1991 by the idea focused by Internal Bleeding but was not recognised as an official sub-genre until 1995 when their debut album Voracious Contempt was released. This was still not enough for most fans to go over to calling it slam death metal. However, Devourment changed this with their debut release in 1997 and made it highly exposed.

The genre is widely unknown to the masses of the death metal scene and if heard, sometimes ignored by the death metal fans. Many feel it is just brutal death metal with heavy influences on breakdowns. However, some of these aforementioned artists can not just be put into brutal death metal genre as their unique twist to the genre removes them from brutal death.

Apart from this the genre is however, accepted by a lot of fans all over the world and there are more and more websites, blogs and venues using the term within the scene.

• Like 1

Some slam Death Metal Artists

Devourment

42,134 listeners

Devourment is a brutal death metal band that was formed in 1995 after the demise of local Dallas based death metal band Necrocide by drummer…

Cephalotripsy

9,589 listeners

Ideas had been composed in 2003 by guitarist Nick Ochs to start a project which would in the future become Cephalotripsy. Within two and a half…

Guttural Secrete

19,803 listeners

Guttural Secrete was formed in the summer of 2002 by Jeremiah "Blue" Jensen, the band's vocalist. He was sick of the "weak" bands in his area,…

Ingested

32,051 listeners

Ingested are a British brutal death metal/deathcore band from Manchester. Since their formation in 2007, the group have built a reputation as one…

Abominable Putridity

35,738 listeners

Abominable Putridity is a brutal death metal band from Moscow, Russia.

The band formed in 2003 by Alexander (Drums) and Pavel(Former Guitarist).…

Vulvectomy

9,471 listeners

Vulvectomy is an Italian brutal death metal band.

They formed on January 2007 by the will of Diego Fanelli, already singer of Stench of…

Waking the Cadaver

49,922 listeners

Waking the Cadaver are a Brutal Death Metal band from Shore Points, New Jersey, formed under the name Death to Honor in 2004, but settled on…

Katalepsy

22,403 listeners

Katalepsy is a brutal death metal band that formed in 2003. Their brand of brutal death metal incorporates bludgeoning technical riffs at manic…

Dying Fetus

163,485 listeners

Dying Fetus are a death metal band from Annapolis, Maryland (USA). The group formed in 1991 and have, ever since, had frontman John Gallagher as…

Guttural Engorgement

5,774 listeners

Guttural Engorgement Is A slamming brutal death metal Band From USA. Formed In 2006

Human Rejection

9,701 listeners

Human Rejection was a brutal death metal band from Greece. They formed in 2005 by Alex (vocals) and Dennis (Guitars). Eventually, Chris joined…

Despondency

5,840 listeners

Located in The North of Germany, Leer/East Frisia based brutal Death-band DESPONDENCY was founded in the spring of 1999 by Dirk Janssen…

Infernal Revulsion

6,528 listeners

Infernal Revulsion is a slamming brutal death metal band from Japan. They were formed in 2004 by Hidenori Sato (Vocals), Masuda Koichi (Guitar),…

Short Bus Pile Up

3,644 listeners

Short Bus Pile Up started as a joke back in the winter of 2005. After realizing he wanted to do more as a musician, Tyler Sharpes (vocals)…

Vomit Remnants

4,809 listeners

Vomit Remnants is a brutal death metal band from Japan.

Starting in the end of 1997, Keisuke got together with Takahiro and Ryo to form a NY…

Kraanium

18,207 listeners

Kraanium is a Norwegian brutal death metal band. The group was founded in 2001 by the twin brothers Martin and Mats Funderud. Having played…

Begging for Incest

7,517 listeners

Begging for Incest is a slamming brutal death metal/deathcore band from Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. The band was formed in 2007 by…

Disfiguring the Goddess

55,383 listeners

Disfiguring the Goddess is a one-man slam death metal band created by Cameron Argon (aka Big Chocolate) in Minden, Nevada in 2006. As its sole…

Epicardiectomy

3,944 listeners

Czech slamming brutal death metal band Epicardiectomy has been started in year of 2007 in Prague by Milan on drums and Zelda on guitar/vocals…

Vomit The Soul

7,899 listeners

Vomit the Soul was an Italian slam death metal band from Lecco, Lombardy, Italy named after Cannibal Corpse's song "Vomit The Soul". The band…

Artery Eruption

3,503 listeners

Artery Eruption is a slam death metal band based in Clovis, California.

• Like 1

DANK SLAMS: Beerbongs, Pigs, Animal Activism And Magical Dragons (ANIMALS KILLING PEOPLE, GOREPOT)

AKP-Gorepot-Split-Album-Cover-Official.thumb.jpg.b95bfb87e5cc8e5fd4f5fd598757c086.jpg

It's been far too long since those long, luscious slegs (slam legs) have been spread revealing that mysterious, golden, cheeto-dust covered split. This time, the split features two of slam's dankest bands in NYC's Animals Killing People and Taiwan's Gorepot. This is the real deal, folks. None of us here at ye olde stanky dank are capable of making this shit up…

ADVERTISEMENT

The oddly-titled split, Maleficis De Saltu (Sorcery Of The Jungle), features some of slam's filthiest grooves. The first four tracks on display from Animals Killing Peopleare a vision of the musical, artistic, and animal activistic direction of Wilson Rairan – the same Wilson whose impressive influence was last heard as the drummer of Colombian Death Grind pioneers Purulent. AKP's contribution to the split was recorded, mixed and mastered at Menegroth, The Thousand Caves by Colin Marston (Gorguts, Krallice).

Gorepot, once a one-man brutality machine from the Far East, are now a three-man band (plus machine – a drum machine). These guys are chock-full of all the essential slamamins (slam vitamins): sickness, pigs, gore, blood, beer bongs and magic dragons. Most of us have never truly experienced Taiwan's dark mysteries. Gorepot are about as close one can get to understanding this magical land, without ending up the star of a snuff film.

With the pleasantries out of the way, it's now time to hit you with an exclusive sneak-peak Maleficis De Saltu (Sorcery Of The Jungle). When you have finished watching/listening, be sure to head on over to CDN Records and pre-order our copy today!

Source : metalinjection.net

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Album Review: CHILDREN OF BODOM Hexed

Finish metal band Children of Bodom's Hexed is their 10th studio album and their first in roughly four years following 2015’s I Worship Chaos. Having taken some time to gather and focus on a new direction proved worthwhile. This album sees a true revitalization of the group. As a result, it is more rhythmic and technically based than previous efforts. “I think maybe the one feature that I haven't heard in a while is more technical riffing, guitar riffing, where Alexi [Laiho] is pushing his abilities to their limits” said bassist Hennka T. Blacksmith.

children-of-bodom-2019.jpg.27918f79944bdd03b841084218d05e07.jpg

Foregoing shred style for crisper guitar solos, it blends classical quality with the energy and gusto of modern metal. Vocals and instruments seamlessly glow together, as if they are having a conversation with one another. No single element overpowers the other. It is also Children of Bodom’s first record with guitarist Daniel Freyberg, who joined in 2016.

Hexed presents its ideals promptly. There is no easing into what this record has to offer. However, it does not feel rushed. There is a natural pace to this record, making it comfortable to listen to. Just not too comfortable for it’s or the listeners own good.

Right out of the gate, opening track “This Road” sets the tone with technical guitar riffs and rhythmic precision. It is delightfully upbeat but still heavy enough to grab you by the neck. It was inspired by years of touring and life always on the go, according to Laiho. “…I’m sure that every single touring musician would agree that at some point it just becomes a blur and you don’t even know what the hell’s going on," Laiho said in a statement. "You feel like it’s going to kill you, but you keep doing it no matter what. It’s kind of a drug because you can’t stop. I can’t. I’m going to do it as long as I live—there’s no other way.”

“Under Grass and Clover” and “Hecate’s Nightmare” offer differing but complementing melodies. First, “…Clover” resonates with symphonic overtones, soaring over thundering drum beats and Laiho’s prominent screams. In contrast, "Hecate's Nightmare” has a subtle approach. Underlying bells brandish an almost theatrical feel to the song, while not straying from its path.

“Hexed” is the consummate title track. Strong, energetic and ready to make you put your fist in the air. The blast beats are right on point here and it is just an enjoyable track overall. “Knucklebuster” is a uniquely titled song, and it isn’t without spunk either. Syncopated drums mingle with metronomic rhythms while carrying smoking guitar riffs. Some of the best guitar work is contained here. Laiho’s masterful skills are very present.  If this is him pushing himself, he makes it sound so easy.

The only thing that feels a little lacking is the order in which the songs occur. The individual songs are well arranged, but as a collective, they begin to stagnate. As frequently happens with full-length releases, the very engaging or "hit" songs dominate the first half. Then when you get to the second half, it sort of blends a little bit. It's easy to lose focus on the individual elements in each song. It becomes more of a superficial listening instead of hearing the contents as they coordinate together. Maybe a little more consideration of this would have turned it further away from that slope. Some of these songs also have killer intros that really hook you in. Staggering them a little more may not have hurt.

Either way, it’s clear that Children of Bodom have hit a new stride. With a history of gradual but noticeable directional shifts,  the band should be proud of it's newest venture. Hexed seems to have accomplished nearly everything that it set out to do. A rejuvenated style and sound was definitely the key. There’s no doubt that fans will be into this album. It may even bring in some new ones as well. Hopefully, this marks the beginning of a great chapter in the band’s career.

SCORE: 7/10

Source : metalinjection.net

Edited by metalrover

Old news :

MAN ARRESTED AFTER WIFE’S METAL + METH-FUELED ‘DEATH PARTY’

Duane-Johnson.jpg.f341bfacc7d1c387b27b68cd0abf7d0c.jpg

You might not always have a say in how you go, but a Minnesota man was arrested last week after holding a "death party"—supposedly at his wife's request—that included one final sexual encounter, taking methamphetamine and rocking out to her favorite song, "Metal Health" from Quiet Riot.

According to the Mankato Free Press, Searles resident Duane Arden Johnson, 58, was arrested late last week after his wife, Debra Lynn Johnson, 69, was found dead at their residence. Johnson had called 911, and police arrived at the house to find the words "Death Parde God Hell" written in red spray paint on the door.

Johnson told the police that he did not seek medical attention for his wife, as she did not want to die in a nursing home. The husband said he thought his wife had died at about 8:30 in the morning, but he waited until he was sure she had passed before calling 911.

According to Johnson, his wife had been in a nursing home and begged him to take her home to die. She had previously had two heart attacks and was suffering from diabetes and high blood pressure. She was also on anti-psychotic medication while dealing with mental illness.

Honoring his wife's alleged request, Johnson says he took her home where they had a "death party." The man stated that they had been "rocking out" to Quiet Riot's "Metal Health," and that they took methamphetamine after she stopped taking her medications. According to Johnson, his wife couldn't eat or drink so he used snow to wet her mouth. When she went into convulsions, she wouldn't allow him to call for help. He also revealed that they had had sex fewer than two hours before she died.

When police arrived, they found Johnson naked and discovered several guns and hundreds of rounds of ammunition in the home, with Johnson revealing that many of the guns had been stolen. The man was arrested without incident and charged with felony counts of theft and receiving stolen property. Johnson appeared in court last Friday and bail was set at $250,000 or $150,000 with conditions. He remained in jail as of Friday evening.

• 3 weeks later...

As-I-Lay-Dying.jpg.d7695bfa230785ef24d27455c37d2e45.jpg

AS I LAY DYING RELEASE NEW SONG ‘REDEFINED’ FEATURING AUGUST BURNS RED SINGER

Tweet

Last year, As I Lay Dying stunned fans when they reformed their classic lineup and unleashed the new track "My Own Grave." An update from the studio came at the end of March and now another new track, "Redefined," has arrived featuring a guest appearance from August Burns Red's Jake Luhrs.

"Redefined" is beatdown intensive with muted, chugging rhythms dominated the track. Even when the clean vocals coming in, singing, "the pain can never be erased / remain and turn it into strength / from our failures we are refined / replacing frailty / allowing us to be /redefined" there's little relief from the chaos.

Watch the music video at the bottom of the page.

"I want to thank @jakeluhrsabr for doing vocals on Redefined with me! It was so much fun having him over at my home studio and I got to engineer his vocals myself," singer Tim Lambesis commented on Instagram. "He is a true pro with incredible range!"

Since reforming following Lambesis' release from prison after his murder-for-fire conviction, As I Lay Dying have embarked on multiple tours around the globe. Their return was met with controversy as fans and peers were divided on whether or not to support the metalcore vets.

Lambesis stood up in the face of this controversy, releasing a statement where he told fans,"People who support AILD are not supporting the person I once was, because part of my life's work now is to undo the hurt I've caused and helped others in addiction. Instead, I think AILD fans are supporting the belief that people can change. I will never be able to undo my greatest mistake, but I believe it's better to do something rather than give up."

As I Lay Dying's last album, Awakened, was released in 2012. In late March, they posted a photo from the studio confirming drum tracking way underway. It is not known if the band intends on releasing a full length album.

Edited by metalrover

Black Metal Musician Arrested for String of Louisiana Church Fires

POSTED BY ROBERT PASBANI ON APRIL 11, 2019 AT 11:11 AM

church-burning.jpg?fit=700%2C367&ssl=1

Just one week after a black/death metal musician was arrested for starting multiple church fires in New Zealand, it has happened again – this time in the United States in the state of Louisiana. The three churches are predominantly black churches. The man arrested is 21-year-old Holden Matthews.

KATC reports three churches in rural St. Landry Parish were burned down in late March and early April. The report notes that Matthews is the son of a St. Landry Parish sheriff’s deputy. His family declined to comment. The Daily Beast notes the fires occurred at St. Mary Baptist Church, Greater Union Baptist Church, and Mount Pleasant Baptist Church on March 26, April 2, and April 4, respectively. Another “intentionally set” fire was also reported on April 7 at the predominantly white Vivian United Pentecostal Church a few hours away.

ADVERTISEMENT

Holden-Matthews-3.jpg?resize=700%2C700&s

One quick look on his Facebook page and you can see Matthews was a devout black metal fan. He had a project dubiously named "Vodka Vultures."  The Daily Beast tracked his web usage, and Matthews seemed to be fond of Burzum frontman Varg VikernesThe Daily Beast noted that Matthews commented on two Varg memes and while neither comment was "particularly revealing" this next bit certainly paints a clearer picture:

“Matthews frequently posted about pagan beliefs, and recently uploaded a picture of a gun and a knife with the caption ‘I carry this…..maybe not legally but I only truly follow the law of Odin….. which says as you said,arm yourself…… Odins advice> modern law.'”

The Daily Beast report also noted that Matthews commented on  “a drawing of a pagan figure had a swastika-like design on his belt,” Matthews said “the belt gives him extra strength and power…..white power lmao jk jk I had to.” Oh, kids and their jokes.

Of course, not all people who listen to black metal are violent and guys like Matthews just make the rest of us look bad.

No clear motive has been revealed.

Source : metalinjection.net

Edited by metalrover

Singapore black metal band’s gig axed after complaint from churches

0cf630ab112925bcfef255dba1b0c98a.jpg.80ad1f4eaa0e9258a07e054baf53fa83.jpg

YahooNEWS

Singapore black metal band’s gig axed after complaint from churches

Zurairi Ar

Malay MailApril 15, 2019, 10:22 PM GMT+8

Devouror was initially slated to perform in KL on Easter Day this weekend. — Picture via Facebook

KUALA LUMPUR, April 15 — Singapore black metal band Devouror’s planned debut concert here this weekend has been cancelled following complaint from the Council of Churches of Malaysia (CCM), its organisers have confirmed.

In a statement, a spokesman for the organisers, Goatlordth Records, said it opted to cancel the show as it has no intention to cause harm or get into trouble with the authorities.

“The cancellation of this event has not only set a huge setback to us as the organiser in financial terms, but it also has caused many fans of extreme music to be denied of their interest.

“In this democratic country, we are all aware of our freedom to invest interest in almost anything. For some people, extreme music is the preferred channel,” said the spokesman.

https://m.facebook.com/goatlordth/photos/a.200088367192129/510680772799552/?type=3&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fsg.news.yahoo.com%2Fsingapore-black-metal-band-gig-142250416.html

“Many are also devoted followers of their religion(s) whom many others have massive respect for, as individuals. Therefore, to belittle the fans of extreme music with shameful judgment is a scrutiny of your own personal values,” said the statement.

Earlier today, CCM had complained to Putrajaya today over the concert schedule on Easter Day this weekend, with its secretary-general Rev. Hermen Shastri claiming that the band Devouror “prides itself” on allegedly anti-Christian and pro-Satanic lyrics.

The five-man band Devouror consists of veterans in Singapore’s black metal scene with over 25 years of experience.

It describes its sound as “Bestial Deathcult Warfare” with influences from metal bands such as Possessed, Sarcofago, Necrovore, Blasphemy, Death, and Sodom.

Hermen’s concerns come in the wake of the decision by Singapore to pull the plug on Swedish black metal band Watain on March 7, several hours before it was due to perform in the island republic.

The authorities there cited concerns over the band’s history of denigrating religions and promoting violence. Singapore’s Info-comm Media Development Authority initially allowed the performance to take place at Ebenex Live Space in Paya Lebar, restricted to those aged 18 and above.

However the cancellation followed security concerns recently raised by the Singaporean Ministry of Home Affairs, who said the band’s performance has the potential to cause enmity and disrupt Singapore’s social harmony.

Last week, a concert called Sarawak Metal Regime originally scheduled in Miri for this Saturday was also cancelled due to religious complaints and pressure.

Source : sg.news.yahoo.com

DEATH METAL BAND DEFILED FORCED TO CANCEL SHOWS BY RELIGIOUS AUTHORITIES

DEFILED2016_C008H-Kengo_Yajima.jpg.jpeg.7f847b2370f687aa0f16873dd3ae5a18.jpeg

The war against metal continues! Japanese death metal group Defiled have been forced by local Christian authorities in Malaysia to cancel their shows that would have taken place this coming weekend. According to a statement from Season of Mist, authorities questioned the government why Defiled, along with several other bands, were allowed to perform the weekend of Easter.

Council of Churches Malaysia (CCM) general secretary, Rev. Dr. Hermen Shastri, said, "The CCM calls upon the relevant authorities to explain the basis for granting permission to such bands that promote their music by using extremely offensive and denigrating language that can hurt the religious feelings of others. This will be considered an affront to the religious sentiments of Christians in the country."

ADVERTISEMENT

PMI is delivering a smoke-free future

Ad By Sponsored Article 

"I am quite disappointed that some people still have serious misunderstanding about metal music and metal heads in general," Defiled guitarist Yusuke Sumita said following the cancellation. "Some bands may be singing about Satan, but it has to be understood that metal music is just metaphor to stand for intentional aberration...Most metal heads are peaceful and open minded individuals, nobody has intentions of hurting anyone. Nothing more, nothing less. I truly hope people will start to understand that."

Read the full statement from both Season of Mist and Sumita below.

https://m.facebook.com/seasonofmistofficial/photos/a.336399209807/10157235755669808/?type=3&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Floudwire.com%2Fdefiled-forced-cancel-shows-religious-authorities%2F

Source:  loudwire.com

On 4/19/2019 at 9:08 PM, metalrover said:

DEATH METAL BAND DEFILED FORCED TO CANCEL SHOWS BY RELIGIOUS AUTHORITIES

DEFILED2016_C008H-Kengo_Yajima.jpg.jpeg.7f847b2370f687aa0f16873dd3ae5a18.jpeg

The war against metal continues! Japanese death metal group Defiled have been forced by local Christian authorities in Malaysia to cancel their shows that would have taken place this coming weekend. According to a statement from Season of Mist, authorities questioned the government why Defiled, along with several other bands, were allowed to perform the weekend of Easter.

Council of Churches Malaysia (CCM) general secretary, Rev. Dr. Hermen Shastri, said, "The CCM calls upon the relevant authorities to explain the basis for granting permission to such bands that promote their music by using extremely offensive and denigrating language that can hurt the religious feelings of others. This will be considered an affront to the religious sentiments of Christians in the country."

ADVERTISEMENT

PMI is delivering a smoke-free future

Ad By Sponsored Article 

"I am quite disappointed that some people still have serious misunderstanding about metal music and metal heads in general," Defiled guitarist Yusuke Sumita said following the cancellation. "Some bands may be singing about Satan, but it has to be understood that metal music is just metaphor to stand for intentional aberration...Most metal heads are peaceful and open minded individuals, nobody has intentions of hurting anyone. Nothing more, nothing less. I truly hope people will start to understand that."

Read the full statement from both Season of Mist and Sumita below.

https://m.facebook.com/seasonofmistofficial/photos/a.336399209807/10157235755669808/?type=3&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Floudwire.com%2Fdefiled-forced-cancel-shows-religious-authorities%2F

Source:  loudwire.com

Satan doesn't judge you by your taste in music. Be like Satan.

• Like 1

Official Mugentech Minecraft server: Please see thread in Gamers

blackmetal.jpg.06cd052e94f5ab2e33e84731d1bfc475.jpg

WATCH ‘BLACK METAL BARBIE’ DOLLS MOSH + HEAD BANG IN COMMERCIAL SPOOF

You've most likely never seen the words "black metal" and "Barbie" in the same sentence until now. Sorry about that. On the bright side, the "commercial" we're about to show you consists of barbies wearing corpse paint, head banging and moshing is actually hysterical.

"Black metal Barbie, a Norwegian surprise / Let's go to the forest as the sunlight dies" does sound pretty fitting. The face makeup is so well done, it'll make you wonder who actually took that much time to do it. The creepy dolls even scream things when you squeeze them. Check out the video by Gwenmarie White below.

Okay, so the music in the video may not have sounded like black metal, but you can't deny the value of the lyrical content.

Barbie was introduced to the world in 1959 by the company Mattel, with Ruth Handler credited for creating the doll. There have been tons of themes and transformations Barbie dolls have adopted since then. Rockers Debbie Harry of Blondie and Joan Jett have even been immortalized into Barbie dolls, but this is the first time we've seen a black metal one.

Screen-Shot-2019-04-24-at-4_25.42-PM.png.b9fdcac04566f5e9dc2a6e237a618a6e.png

TOP 10 ROCK STAR ‘SIMPSONS’ CAMEOS

A cameo on The Simpsons is a definitive sign that you’ve made it. Throughout the show’s 30 seasons, hundreds of musicians have been yellow-fied, but these are the 10 most memorable appearances by rock and metal artists.

One of the earliest cameos can be seen in “Flaming Moe’s.” The Season Three episode tells the story of a cough-syrup intoxicant that essentially predicted the rise of lean. For the promise of free pickled eggs, Aerosmithperforms at Moe’s Tavern, with Steven Tylermistaking Springfield for St. Louis.

On The Simpsons’ Season Four finale, Krusty the Klown gets cancelled from TV. As the beloved entertainer attempts to get his career back on track, he recruits the Red Hot Chili Peppers to perform on his comeback special. However, the sexually charged lyrics to “Give It Away” worry the network executives, so Krusty suggests a more family friendly line to the tighty-whitey rock band.

Even fictional bands have made iconic appearances on The Simpsons. Perhaps the best rock cameo of all time belongsto Spinal Tap, who play a disastrous gig in Springfield. After their blow-up Satan refuses to inflate and a laser beam temporarily blinds one member, Spinal Tap call off their show early, only to have their bus crash later in the episode.

Check out the Top 10 Rock Star 'Simpsons' Cameos in the Loud List above.

• Like 1

Track Premiere: Fulci – ‘Eye Full of Maggots’

unnamed-38.thumb.jpg.734772f509472769e151c0c61d3e7fbc.jpg

Fulci keep things short, simple and brutal on their newest offering, “Eye Full of Maggots.” Over roughly two-and-a-half minutes, the Italian death dealers unleash a sonic wrecking ball with super-low gutturals, crushing grooves and thunderous drumming. As with all things Fulci, the band’s lyrics cover the work of Lucio Fulci, who is best known as a director of horror films.

“Tropical Sun is our second album and it’s based on the movie Zombi 2,” Fulci (the band) tell Decibel. “The album continues our death metal tribute to Lucio Fulci’s filmography. The track ‘Eye Full of Maggots’ was inspired by the extraordinarily-grisly effects curated by Giannetto De Rossi, Maurizio Trani and Rosario Prestopino in the cult scene in which a putrescent zombie slowly rises from the tomb biting the neck of a young girl. The zombie’s skin is extremely decomposed and his eye orbit is full of worms! We look at our music and lyrics as a reflection of this disgusting gore.”

Source : decibelmagazine.com

• Like 1