Anything related to your home

The_King

23 minutes ago, ManOfTheHour said:

How you survive in sg heat?

previously when i just enter the work force, at dat time my house haven install aircon. so we are used to just having fans to combat heat. im very scared of cold in fact, cos was not exposed to aircon b4. subsequently my home did install & i took time to get used to aircon

• wtf 3

29 minutes ago, classyNfabulous said:

previously when i just enter the work force, at dat time my house haven install aircon. so we are used to just having fans to combat heat. im very scared of cold in fact, cos was not exposed to aircon b4. subsequently my home did install & i took time to get used to aircon

your armpits sure very sticky

• ISWYDT 1
  • Geek 1

spacer.png

Recently aircon guy told me if my mitsubishi aircon fan set to quiet or low, the pipes inside will be so cold that the condensate water will be too much and wet the insulation, sometimes will drip water, also making the aircon ducts grow lots of mold. So to solve this, every time the fan must set at least 3 bars, temperature set to 25-26 degree C, eco mode.

Edited by ODACHEK
  • Like 3

giphy.gifTVB for life...

39 minutes ago, ODACHEK said:

Recently aircon guy told me if my mitsubishi aircon fan set to quiet or low, the pipes inside will be so cold that the condensate water will be too much and wet the insulation, sometimes will drip water, also making the aircon ducts grow lots of mold. So to solve this, every time the fan must set at least 3 bars, temperature set to 25-26 degree C, eco mode.

I usually set 26 deg, 1 bar eco mode to cool room

• Like 1

skGDKsM.jpg

Amount of Paint needed for 2 room type 1

Wall: 10litres
Celling: 10litres
Primer: 10litres
Read Notes 1

Type of primer:
Celling: Zinsser Mold Killing Primer 
Wall: Fresh Start High-Hiding All Purpose Primer
PVC: Stix Waterborne Bonding Primer
Read Notes 2

Type of Paint:
living/bedroom Celling + Wall: Aura, eggshell, OC-45
Bathroom/kitchen Celling: Aura Bath & Spa, Matte, color not decided yet
Entryway: Ultra Spec SCUFF-X, Eggshell, color not decided yet
Read Notes 3

Notes 1: 
wall + celling mean everything like Bomb shelter, DB box, Living room, Bedroom, Bathroom, Kitchen, trim

Notes 2: 
wall mean everything like Bomb shelter, DB box, Living room, Bedroom, Bathroom, Kitchen, trim,front door small gap wall (wall+ celling)
PVC mean AC pipe, trim, bathroom pipe, kitchen pipe

Notes 3:
Entryway: mean AC pipe, trim, bathroom pipe, kitchen pipe, entryway(all),  Bomb shelter(all), front door small gap wall (wall+ celling)
any leftover paint from living/bedroom Celling + Wall, Bathroom/kitchen Celling + Entryway will be used for the non listed area aka secondary area 

Edited by The_King

3 hours ago, ManOfTheHour said:

I usually set 26 deg, 1 bar eco mode to cool room

Moi always been switching same as yours until water dripping from ducting.:wail: Maybe my insulation not thick enough...

Before this aircon, I got my old 15-yr old Mitsubishi Starmex as well, always set 1 bar low fan eco mode, aircon duct very wet, I have to paint the whole ducting with mold guard and sealed the cover in order to prevent leaking.

Edited by ODACHEK
  • Sad 1

giphy.gifTVB for life...

56 minutes ago, ODACHEK said:

Moi always been switching same as yours until water dripping from ducting.:wail: Maybe my insulation not thick enough...

Before this aircon, I got my old 15-yr old Mitsubishi Starmex as well, always set 1 bar low fan eco mode, aircon duct very wet, I have to paint the whole ducting with mold guard and sealed the cover in order to prevent leaking.

get ac to repipe

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, The_King said:

Which one you recommended, prefer those that can extend warranty

To be honest, I'm looking for a good one too, so I can't recommend one right now.

I just happen to know gain city's standards.

• Sad 1

Official Mugentech Minecraft server: Please see thread in Gamers

2 hours ago, Huat Zai said:

To be honest, I'm looking for a good one too, so I can't recommend one right now.

I just happen to know gain city's standards.

:(

there only a few superstore which provide extended warranty.

if not for extended warranty, my choice will be newway aircon

Edited by The_King
  • Like 1

it seem like there 2 group of practical home idea

both group have in common:
no build in carpentry.
DIY (as much as your skill level is)
Aesthetic is not the main focus
hunt for free stuff or used item (like furnishings, kitchen tools, bed sheet etc....)
NO ID
Not in a hurry to spend money
Money is the main focus

First group:
Value for money home furnishings (mind need to replace home furnishings every 4 to8 yr)
A bit of Aesthetic (balance not sure if will like it or not)
easy to accept idea and stuff for home practical idea as long as money is ok (maybe a bit of regret)

2nd group:
long lasting home furnishings with comfort in mind (mind be expensive which fall out of practical idea)
Pure practical and needs (too extreme)
Do tons and years of research (too extreme)
Not easy to accept idea and stuff for home (user need to make sure it 100% is useful or needed)

will update when i can think of more detail