Who have a chest freezer?

The_King

How is the energy usage as comapre to a normal friht

those feature i wanted are using R600A compressor and Mechanical Thermometer:

MIDEA MCF61W (R600A compressor and Mechanical Thermometer)

https://www.courts.com.sg/midea-mcf61w-chest-freezer-gross-61l-ip113802

EUROPACE EFZ6101T (R600A compressor)

https://www.courts.com.sg/europace-efz6101t-compressor-chest-freezer-gross-100l-ip137212

Those that never say using what compressor i  will guess it old compressor like R134A)

KADEKA KCF108X 

https://www.courts.com.sg/kadeka-kcf108x-chest-frezzer-108l-ip143924

Edited by The_King

Hmm.. those chest type not recommended for our hdb home because of space constraint.

It is also difficult to organise between say veg/fruits and meat. Moreover how you make ice cubes.. risk of cross contaimination.

The reason people used it at home is either because they are using it to store very long term for seafood like abalone or hei bee or ikan bilis, or they are like chef gordon ramsay a pro chef and very anal about cross contaimination.

• Like 2

veg/fruits/egg no need fridge cause my new home below got NTUC (so NTUC itself it already my fridge) and somemore i am growing my own veggi, so  storing is not a issues, and if i need, i can Blanch the veggies then freeze it.

the main reason i doing this is all about off grid as much as i can given then space i have

organising is not a issue as most off grid living/ furgal living got video showing how.

ice cubes can use this

19 hours ago, Camper said:

Hmm.. those chest type not recommended for our hdb home because of space constraint.

It is also difficult to organise between say veg/fruits and meat. Moreover how you make ice cubes.. risk of cross contaimination.

The reason people used it at home is either because they are using it to store very long term for seafood like abalone or hei bee or ikan bilis, or they are like chef gordon ramsay a pro chef and very anal about cross contaimination.

veg/fruits/egg no need fridge cause my new home below got NTUC (so NTUC itself it already my fridge) and somemore i am growing my own veggi, so  storing is not a issues, and if i need, i can Blanch the veggies then freeze it.

the main reason i doing this is all about off grid as much as i can given then space i have

organising is not a issue as most off grid living/ furgal living got video showing how.

ice cubes can use this

I am growing my own veg and herbs. Dont count on it if you dont have a spot with full sun. I have a good spot but still unreliable because bugs can still infect the plants easily.

Ntuc isnt a good idea too. I have sheng siong right beside my block. The problem is they dont sell veg loosely like 2 stalks of kai lan.

You will usually be convinced to buy more veg to save. For example 1pack mushroom for 85c. 2 packs for $1.50.

Not recommended to store veg in freezer because the flavors are lost and freezing and defrosting the veg will spoil it.

• Full Of Win 1

15 hours ago, Camper said:

6 minutes ago, Camper said:

I am growing my own veg and herbs. Dont count on it if you dont have a spot with full sun. I have a good spot but still unreliable because bugs can still infect the plants easily.

Ntuc isnt a good idea too. I have sheng siong right beside my block. The problem is they dont sell veg loosely like 2 stalks of kai lan.

You will usually be convinced to buy more veg to save. For example 1pack mushroom for 85c. 2 packs for $1.50.

Not recommended to store veg in freezer because the flavors are lost and freezing and defrosting the veg will spoil it.

How did you get rid of the bug? does those insect net cover useful?

supermarket stop selling veg loosely. but what i currently is doing is say i buy 1 pack of kai lan. i will cook my dish using kai lan as the main star, that usually make me use 1 pack a day, and if there leftover, we dip the root in water and tomorrow just cook it for lunch or breakfast.

if too much left cover veggi, i just dice it and fry it together as fried rice.

i try before, we boil it then once it cool down, we store it in freeze then tml st8 away just cook in boiling water then can serve with sauce

2 minutes ago, The_King said:

How did you get rid of the bug? does those insect net cover useful?

supermarket stop selling veg loosely. but what i currently is doing is say i buy 1 pack of kai lan. i will cook my dish using kai lan as the main star, that usually make me use 1 pack a day, and if there leftover, we dip the root in water and tomorrow just cook it for lunch or breakfast.

if too much left cover veggi, i just dice it and fry it together as fried rice.

i try before, we boil it then once it cool down, we store it in freeze then tml st8 away just cook in boiling water then can serve with sauce

I use organic ways to reduce the bugs population. I spray lemongrass oil + water on the plants and soil. The top layer of soil I use a combination of household herbs like pepper, turmeric powder, chili powder. I keep glass jars of egg shells, banana skins, and oranges and soak them in water. Use the infused water to water the plants occasionally.

Finally weekend I just got myself a bottle of 500ml hydrogen peroxide. 1part 3% HP to 4 parts water to get rid of more bugs.

I am harvesting about 3 chili padis per week on 2 chili plant. I have 2 pots of thai basils, 1 pot of lemongrass and 1 pot of rosemary.

Once the bugs are significantly reduced I will resume planting my 奶白, tomatoes, carrots, asparagus, and more rosemary.

It is quite a lot of work to fight the bugs especially without harmful chemicals. Important thing needed is still a full sun.

• Like 1
  • Full Of Win 1

14 hours ago, Camper said:

6 minutes ago, Camper said:

I use organic ways to reduce the bugs population. I spray lemongrass oil + water on the plants and soil. The top layer of soil I use a combination of household herbs like pepper, turmeric powder, chili powder. I keep glass jars of egg shells, banana skins, and oranges and soak them in water. Use the infused water to water the plants occasionally.

Finally weekend I just got myself a bottle of 500ml hydrogen peroxide. 1part 3% HP to 4 parts water to get rid of more bugs.

I am harvesting about 3 chili padis per week on 2 chili plant. I have 2 pots of thai basils, 1 pot of lemongrass and 1 pot of rosemary.

Once the bugs are significantly reduced I will resume planting my 奶白, tomatoes, carrots, asparagus, and more rosemary.

It is quite a lot of work to fight the bugs especially without harmful chemicals. Important thing needed is still a full sun.

wow, thanks, will screenshot it.

I just got myself a bottle of 500ml hydrogen peroxide. 1part 3% HP to 4 parts water to get rid of more bugs.

what do you mean? spray on the plant?

lemongrass oil as in those essential oil? 

WTF so many thing, i dont even have so much space for those, thinking just 1 or 3 plant

1 minute ago, The_King said:

wow, thanks, will screenshot it.

I just got myself a bottle of 500ml hydrogen peroxide. 1part 3% HP to 4 parts water to get rid of more bugs.

what do you mean? spray on the plant?

lemongrass oil as in those essential oil? 

WTF so many thing, i dont even have so much space for those, thinking just 1 or 3 plant

Yes lemongrass essential oil. great for using to mop floor and washing of clothes. Just a couple of drops will do.

1 or 3 plants won't quite have enough. The plant my wife uses the most is rosemary because she likes to cook pasta/spaghetti. I use a lot of lemongrass to make lemongrass tea. Great for cleansing the body "heat".

10 minutes ago, Camper said:

Yes lemongrass essential oil. great for using to mop floor and washing of clothes. Just a couple of drops will do.

1 or 3 plants won't quite have enough. The plant my wife uses the most is rosemary because she likes to cook pasta/spaghetti. I use a lot of lemongrass to make lemongrass tea. Great for cleansing the body "heat".

thanks, me planning to start small then see how, slowly step by step

• Like 1

SG freezer all energy usage mostly all nv put, they dont even want to tell you the type of gas they use like the engery saving R600a or older one like R134a

china one all use the latest engery saving R600a . with 0.29kwh or 0.38kwh

Edited by The_King