Looking for a HDD/SSD docking station, what is good ah?

DynamiteZerg

My current one bought long long time ago in Australia, from Aldi, is really CMI. IIRC, It is using a really crappy JMicron chipset that is known to have a lot of issues.

The transfer speed is not that good and it is quite picky with the type of USB3 controllers it works with. Also the connection keeps dropping for good reason. So trying to get it to work is really a hit and miss. So after trying it again over the weekend... I gave up!

Any good HDD docking station to recommend?

I read the following article:

https://wiki.ezvid.com/best-hdd-docks

They seem to recommend Stardock?

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B019Y4JE22/ezvid02-20

Any good?

Edited by DynamiteZerg

• Moderators
  • 1 month later...
On 1/6/2019 at 11:56 AM, aaur4man said:

FR pls

FR from moi:

Shipping quite fast. Pretty much standard for buying stuff off TB. Interesting part was the last leg in Singapore was delivered by Singpost using Speed Post.

Tested the device earlier today. Using the USB3 connection to my laptop, the transfer speed averages around 75MB/s.

Transferring between the HDDs in the dock is much faster. Averages about 125MB/s.

Device compatibility wise, way way better than my older dual HDDs dock. Worked straight off once plugged into my laptop. Older dock is a bit of a hit and miss at times.

Verdict? Orico seems to be a reputable brand and delivers what it promises in its product. Will recommend it to others for this quad port dock. If don't need the quad port, then the dual or triple port versions will do as well.