7 Hidden Gems in Bedok Point that are Offering Great Deals this December!

invis

• Moderators

BeFunky-collage-1300x1038.jpg

Don’t you dare call yourself a true Eastie if you don’t know the latest dining deals in the area! It’s no secret that the East has tons of amazing dining establishments, and I’m sure we can all name a few right off the top of our heads. Bedok Point is home to a diversity of cuisines, and you’re bound to find something you enjoy. Find out more about the dining deals that are in store for you, and we have a special treat for you!

Hoshino Coffee

IMG_1467-5

Hoshino Coffee presents an array of Hokkaido dishes which incorporate some of the ingredients that the island is best known for. One of our favourite dishes was the Hokkaido Soup Curry Chicken which stood out with its familiar and comforting flavours. You won’t go wrong with this option, but don’t forget to pair it with a bowl of fluffy white rice!  Note: This is a seasonal menu.

DSCF8355-2

Some might know Hoshino Coffee for its enticing selection of pasta. Here we have the latest pasta addition— Hokkaido Seafood Aglio Olio. Have a “taste” of the Sea of Okhotsk as you dive into the prawns, squids, clams, salmon and Hokkaido scallops. This dish holds just a very slight level of spice, so it might be great for the kiddos who like a little spicy kick in their food.

DSCF8350-1

Round off your meal on a sweet note with the Yukiyama Pancake Soufflé style. Topped with Hokkaido vanilla ice cream and Hokkaido cream cheese, the pancake is like a snowy dream that you don’t want to wake up from. I wouldn’t be surprised if you couldn’t resist digging into this creamy, yet light, dessert before finishing your mains.

Weekday Lunch Special: $14.80 for a main course(selected mains) and drink.
Price starts from $12.80 for Students and Seniors. This promotion is available exclusively at Bedok Point only

Xiang Xiang Traditional Taiwanese Cuisine since 1916
DSCF8394-11

I’m quite sure that you’ll fall in love with the authentic Taiwanese dishes at Xiang Xiang Traditional Taiwanese Cuisine since 1916. The friendly Taiwanese owner learnt the recipes from Chef Huang Qing Biao’s wife as she believes in sharing traditional Taiwanese cuisine with as many people as she can.

I can never resist a good bowl of Braised Minced Pork Rice ($7.80). This bowl is everything. Fatty, flavourful pork belly, a soft bed of pearl rice, half a braised egg — what else can I ask for? All the components of the dish complemented each other in terms of taste, and of course, appearance. The bright pops of colour made the dish even more attractive. Do ask for a scoop of homemade chilli, if you’re a fan of spicy food. The chilli packs a punch (and I mean, a really strong punch)!

DSCF8414-13

Unlike the typical oyster Mee Sua which is packed with lots of flavour, the Crispy Chicken Strip Mee Sua ($6.80) is simple and homey. You won’t get sick of the heartwarming dish. If you have been staying away from Taiwanese mee sua because of the presence of oysters, you’re in luck because Xiang Xiang uses fried chicken fillets instead of oysters!

DSCF8407-12

The Boneless Chicken Leg Rice ($8.80) features a juicy and tender chicken leg encased in a crisp batter. It is seasoned with chilli powder and a unique 7-spice powder. The fried chicken is really savoury, and you definitely shouldn’t pass it up! If you’re a huge fan of Taiwanese food, this will be your happy place.

Best of Both Deal: Small Braised Minced Pork Rice + Small Crispy Chicken Mee Sua for $6.80! (U.P. $7.80) Terms and conditions apply.

Ya Hua Bak Kut Teh

IMG_1507-14

DSCF8431-17DSCF8440-18

Everyone loves a good Bak Kut Teh and you’re definitely missing out if you haven’t stepped foot into Ya Hua Bak Kut Teh! I always order the signature Prime Cut Ribs ($11.50) when I’m here. Think really tender pork ribs, and one of the best Teochew-style Bak Kut Teh soup. Yum. Peppery and garlicky, the soup is what I crave on a cold day. It always hits the spot.

DSCF8431-17

If a bowl of Bak Kut Teh isn’t enough, order yourself some side dishes to go along! The Silky Steamed Egg ($5.80) and Teochew Steamed Fish ($14.50) are not just great for sharing, they’re immensely delicious as well.

Tuk Tuk Cha Bistro

IMG_1528-23

If you are already a fan of Tuk Tuk Cha, you will be thrilled to hear that the first of its Bistro concept is now open at Bedok Point and offers an expansive range of Thai cuisine.

Besides their popular Thai Milk Tea and buttery fragrant Shibuya Toasts, fans in the east can also enjoy delectable mains and stir-fry dishes such as Beef Boat Noodles, Tom Yam Fried Rice and Phad Thai Noodles.

DSCF8514-28

Discover the rustic charms of home-cooked fare in TTC’s Tom Yam Mama ($12.80). The fragrant tom yum soup is loaded generously with Singaporeans’ favourite ingredients such as chicken meat balls, minced chicken, prawn, squid, egg, and most importantly, Mama instant noodles.

Seafood lovers will surely adore the Claypot Tang Hoon Prawn ($16.80) — a mighty display of large juicy prawns atop a little mountain of flavourful tang hoon. The instant the lid was lifted, a smoky fragrance escaped from the pot and had me mesmerized. My stomach growled and I dugged into the noodles ravenously. The noodles have been infused with the sweet taste of the succulent prawns, making every mouthful extremely palatable. Needless to say, I really enjoyed it!

DSCF8502-27

Another must-order is the Claypot Thai Chicken Coconut Soup ($13.80). The soup was served in a claypot which sat over a small flame, setting a very rustic vibe. And you don’t have to worry about your soup turning cold this way! The brilliant broth was concocted with a wide variety of spices such as lemon grass, ginger and basil. The soul-warming broth was creamy, tangy, and aromatic. We loved that Tuk Tuk Cha Bistro was very generous with the amount of chicken and mushrooms!

Opening Promo: 20% off Total Bill
Monday to Friday, 2pm to 6pm only. GST & Service Charge applies. Ala carte orders only. Discount is not applicable for set meals, and cannot be used in conjunction with other discounts, privileges, vouchers and promotions.

• Full Of Win 1

• Moderators

Chicken Hotpot

IMG_1554-37

Originating from Shanghai, Chicken Hotpot is not as simple as its name. Its satisfying hot pots of goodies are simply unparalleled.
DSCF8526-31

Braised tender chicken simmering in a rich Shanghai sauce? Sign me up! This creation is so easy to love. The Chicken Hotpot (Small $17.80/Medium $21.80/Large $25.80) is the kind of dish that I will come back for again, and again. Diners may choose from 3 spice levels — Non-spicy, Mildly Spicy and Spicy. Don’t be surprised if you’re won over by the sauce on the very first taste. Because that’s what happened to me.

DSCF8538-34

The Scandously Spicy Shrimp (Small $18.80/Large $26.80) sure looks heavenly. And it is the true embodiment of “it tastes better than it looks”. Can you guess what the prawns are sitting on? Well, a layer of crinkle cut fries! Fries, prawns, spicy sauce? How unusual, but it is, surprisingly, a really splendid combination.

“What’s so special about Chicken Hotpot?” you may ask. At any point during your meal, you may change your dish! Say what? The staff will fill the pot with soup (free-flow, by the way), and your dish transforms instantaneously into a steamboat. Did your jaw just drop? A wide array of meat, seafood, and vegetables are available as top-up options. Wow, right?

Miss Tam Chiak Exclusive: Spend a minimum of $30* and receive a $10 cash voucher!
*Minimum spending of $30, excluding GST and service charge. Limited to first 2000 redemptions. First-come-first-served, and while stock lasts. Voucher valid for return visit only.

Shi Li Fang

DSCF8590-46

Possibly the most wallet-friendly hotpot establishment in Singapore, Shi Li Fang is no stranger to crazy long queues. Expanding rapidly, the hotpot restaurant has also hit the east, and called Bedok Point its home. Gather your troops and head to Bedok Point for a feast now!

DSCF8568-42

Their soup bases start from $5.30 for a small pot. You may select up to 4 soup bases in a pot. If you are unsure of what flavours to have, I’ll recommend the Beauty Collagen Soup, as well as Ravishing Tomato Soup. The former is a rich, flavourful broth which goes well with any ingredient, and the latter is slightly tangy.

Single Value Set Meals are priced at just $9.90. Don’t worry, as they do not skimp on the amount of ingredients at all. The value set meal comes with your preferred protein, a soup base, a serving of noodles or rice, and a vegetable platter. Talk about value for money!

DSCF8593-47

Shi Li Fang’s a la carte items are great as add-ons. And with their meat and seafood selection going at a 50% discount, how can you possibly resist? A few of my favourite add-ons include the Shilifang Specialty Chicken ($6.20), Japanese Kurobuta Pork ($15.20), Australia Superior Beef ($16.60) and Fresh Fish Slices ($8.60).

Deal: 
Superior Marbled Pock Slice Set Meal/Superior Chicken Slice Set Meal at $9.50++ (U.P. $9.90++) Offer is valid before 4pm daily. Valid from 1 Dec – 31 Dec 2018.

Jiang Hu Hotpot

IMG_1607-66

Presenting another hotpot destination that you absolutely must visit — Jiang Hu Hotpot. Treat yourself to some authentic Sichuan hotpot that will not disappoint. From the intricate presentation of each and every dish, to the warm hospitality and ambience, everything makes for an unforgettable experience.

Unlike other restaurants where the mala soup base is prepared in the kitchen, Jiang Hu hotpot insists on adding mala oil and herbs into the clear soup right in front of their guests. In addition, they have a specialty sauce made from spring onions, coriander, peanuts, and fried soy beans.

DSCF8605-51

Wow your palates with their Minced Prawn with Capelin Roe ($13.80), Mixed Meatball Combo ($14.80), and US Prime Beef Slices ($11.80). Besides the usual vegetable and mushroom choices, I will suggest ordering the Homemade Black Beancurd ($7.80) which is made from black beans, soybeans and sesame.

DSCF8654-59

Jiang Hu Hotpot does not only excel in hotpot. It also serves up tantalizing dishes that transport you back to Sichuan. Having tried the Spicy Crayfish ($28.80) in China, I was more than thrilled to relive the experience of getting my hands dirty with the same dish here. Even if you’re not big on spicy food, you should give this addictive dish a try.

Deal: Set Meal for 2 from $59.80++, Set Meal for 4 from $99.80++ and Set Meal for 6 from $142.80++. Comes with free flow of cold dishes, snacks, porridge, fruits, sweet soups, Chinese tea and more than 20 sauces.

Now, you have all the reasons to visit Bedok Point! This is the perfect chance to try out the restaurants, especially when they are all offering irresistible deals!

And, I have more good news — simply flash this article and spend a minimum of $50* at the featured restaurants and redeem a $5 Digital Gift Card at Bedok Point’s Customer Service Counter on Level 3. How wonderful is it to be rewarded for having a good meal!

Guess I will see you soon at Bedok Point!

* Shoppers must be Frasers Experience members and have made the spending at a featured tenant on the article.Limited to 300 redemptions. First-come-first-served, while stocks last. Promotion ends 31 December 2018.

BEDOK POINT
Address: 799 New Upper Changi Rd, Singapore 467351

Opening Hours: Mon-Sun, 11am-9.30pm

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fps.BedokPoint/

• Full Of Win 1

Not sure if these are gems or really marketing gimmicks... :hmm:

Good content = Topics that genuinely encourages and stimulates interaction/banter. 

Bad content = Clickbaits, brag posts and social media news feed that nobody gives a flying fuck about + waste of server storage space