Chamfer's boring tome/misc topics thread

chamfer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, chamfer said:

Audio book in cantonese. Basically i read almost all of 伟斯理 books. 

Cantonese chui, I didn't read 伟斯理, read the 亚洲之鹰 because I'm a btss

• Like 1

Official Mugentech Minecraft server: Please see thread in Gamers

lately came across this tiong history youtube, give new perspectives on romance of three kingdoms.

this particular episode on shu-han's ah dou is very interesting.

give me a new understanding on the character beyond the sensationalized novel.

but i cant say the same for sgp's loong loong.

Edited by socrates469bc
  • Like 3

On 6/3/2021 at 6:53 PM, socrates469bc said:

lately came across this tiong history youtube, give new perspectives on romance of three kingdoms.

this particular episode on shu-han's ah dou is very interesting.

give me a new understanding on the character beyond the sensationalized novel.

but i cant say the same for sgp's loong loong.

• Wahaha 3

On 12/5/2020 at 9:38 PM, Cynical Ape said:

Moi learning how to be a true ninja now! :wahaha:

spacer.png

Jokes aside, this would be a great read for folks intrigued by these espionage figures that lived during medieval Japan. It was based on author Antony Cummins many years of careful research (peer reviewed by historians).

This my current bedtime read, from the same author:

spacer.png

• Like 1

Good content = Topics that genuinely encourages and stimulates interaction/banter. 

Bad content = Clickbaits, brag posts and social media news feed that nobody gives a flying fuck about + waste of server storage space

3 hours ago, chamfer said:

Deep, spiritual stuff. 

Good content = Topics that genuinely encourages and stimulates interaction/banter. 

Bad content = Clickbaits, brag posts and social media news feed that nobody gives a flying fuck about + waste of server storage space

1 hour ago, chamfer said:

My chinese is borderline case so kind of hard to understand.

It's ok, 文言文 was only used for literature and official documents even in ancient times, chao pleasant like us don't need to understand.

文昌帝君说:我轮回到十七世时是一个地方父母官的人身,从没有做过对不起群众和下属的事,解救别人的困难,患难,怜悯别人的孤儿,孤独,容纳宽恕别人的过失,过错,广泛地行善积阴德,感应感动了上苍(是指天人感应),别人如果能象我这样存有好心地好心田,上天必定赐福给你!

于是文昌帝君就训劝世人说:汉朝时的东海人“于公”做地方官时,审案量刑公平合理,昭雪冤枉,民众允服,当他的家门坏了,就造了一道能容纳四匹马经过的大门,人问其故,他说他做官多积阴德,从末冤枉好人,后代必定兴旺发达,后来他的儿子果然做了丞相,孙子也做了御史大夫。五代时的燕山人窦禹钧,三十多岁时还没生育有儿子,有一次他梦见他祖父对他说,你不但没有儿子,而且还很短命,宜快点多积阴德来挽回天命。窦禹钧于是力行善事,救济别人,广积阴功,数年以后,连生五子,五子都聪明俊伟,而且高中科举,五个儿子都做了官,他本人也活到八十有二,无疾谈笑而逝。

想增广你的福气福田,必须要心地心田好,时刻方便别人,积累种种阴德阴功,对人对物都要利益,修积善行就是修积自己的福份,以正直的德性教化世人,象上天化育万物的德行一样,心地慈祥,爱国为民,忠于主人,孝敬双亲,尊敬兄长,对朋友讲信用,不欺骗朋友,或者敬奉天仙,朝礼斗宿,或者拜佛念经,报答父恩、母恩、佛恩、老师恩,广行佛、道、儒三教,救急就象救济被涸竭池水的鱼,救危就象挽救被网密罗的鸟雀,矜哀孤儿,抚恤寡妇,尊敬老人,怜悯贫穷,布施衣服食物周济在道路两旁饥寒交迫的人,布施棺材掩埋尸骸以避免尸骸暴露,家里富有就想方设法提携亲戚朋友,遇到稻米失收的饥荒年头,应当赈济邻居和亲朋戚友,用来称东西的秤要准确公平,不可短斤缺两,宽恕对待雇用的工人,不可尖酸刻薄,责备苛求,出钱出力捐印经书和善书,推动经书善书的传播流通,修建或修葺寺庙,寺庵,施舍馈赠药材药方来医治拯救别人的疾病痛苦,布施茶水使别人解渴去燥,或者经常买生物来放生,或者常常吃斋,持戒避免杀生,走路时常常留意虫子和蚂蚁,不要踩到它们,应当严禁烟火不要火烧山林,在没有灯火的道路旁放置灯火方便行人走夜路,在没有渡船的河流里设置义渡渡人过岸。

不要登上山上去网罗捕捉飞禽走兽,有伤阴德,不要到河溪边钓鱼、毒杀网罗鱼虾,更不要竭泽而渔,有伤阴德,不要宰杀耕牛,有伤阴德,不要随便丢弃字纸书籍,有伤阴德,不要谋夺别人的财产,有伤阴德,不要嫉妒眼红别人的技艺才能,有伤阴德,不要私通淫欲别人的妻子女儿,有伤阴德,不要教唆别人互相口角争斗,甚至对薄公堂,有伤阴德,不要随便破坏别人的名誉利益,有伤阴德,不要破坏别人的婚姻家庭幸福,有伤阴德,不要因为个人私仇而使别人兄弟互相不和,有伤阴德,不要因为小小利益而使别人父子不和睦,有伤阴德,不要倚仗有权有势而欺辱善良的人,有伤阴德,不要仗着富有而去欺凌穷困的人,有伤阴德,亲近善人则有助于身心德行,远避恶人则瞬间杜绝灾殃,经常宣扬赞叹别人的善事,而不宣扬传播别人的恶事,不要口是心非,讲一套做一套,剪除阻碍道路的荆棘,搬走障碍道路的瓦石,修整几百年来都是崎岖不平的道路,以利于行走,建造修葺许多人来往的河桥,留传训言给后人鉴别确定事情是非善恶,捐赠钱财成全别人的好事善事,做人做事都要遵循天理,合乎道理,说话要合乎公道人心,慎防祸从口出,不要拘泥于往古圣贤的道理学说,就象叶公只会画龙,而不知有真龙!

独行不愧影,独卧不愧衾,能做到衾影不愧时才是慎独慎到极处,不要造作种种恶事(即上文所说淫杀破坏等事);身体力行种种善事(即上文所说忠孝敬信等事),这样就永远没有灾星加祸,常常会有吉神照耀护佑,时间快点就有善报在自己,时间慢点就有善报在儿孙后代,百福临门,万事吉祥如意,难道不是从积累阴德中得来的吗?

• Like 1
  • Full Of Win 1
  • Geek 1

One of my fav "non-religious" :smirk: books of all time:

spacer.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, chamfer said:

obviously the woman dont even know the inside story and try to act know the workings.

1st hint: sugar is controlled item in bolehsia during the 1960s- early 2000s.

2nd hint: have a look at ppb's annual report between 1999-2005. actually shld look at from 1995 onwards.

wahahahahahahaha

Edited by socrates469bc
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, socrates469bc said:

obviously the woman dont even know the inside story and try to act know the workings.

1st hint: sugar is controlled item in bolehsia during the 1960s- early 2000s.

2nd hint: have a look at ppb's annual report between 1999-2005. actually shld look at from 1995 onwards.

wahahahahahahaha

Economics expert spotted. 佩服你。

Much to learn from you.

• Wahaha 1

11 hours ago, chamfer said:

Economics expert spotted. 佩服你。

Much to learn from you.

i m just a lao tiko, nothing much u can learn from me.

and since we r on sugar, this is a good read on the real deal, the true international sugar king.

at one time, he controls near a fifth of the market and some said maybe a third.

http://content.time.com/time/subscriber/article/0,33009,810467-1,00.html

Sugar King of Havana: The Rise and Fall of Julio Lobo, Cuba's Last Tycoon:  Rathbone, John Paul: Amazon.com.au: Books

• Like 1
  • Wahaha 1