[NSFW] The Singapore Occultists Thread

Huat Zai

Woman used 'Wicca Book of Spells' to set car on fire, police say

CAMBRIA COUNTY, Pa. (WJAC) — Police say a woman is accused of using pages from a spellbook to set a vehicle on fire.

According to a criminal complaint, 47-year-old Kristy Malzi, of Hollsopple, Pennsylvania is facing charges related to reckless burning, terroristic threats and simple assault.

Officers say they were called July 30 to a used car dealership for reports of a vehicle arson.

They learned through interviews that Malzi went to the location to confront a man with whom she had a previous relationship.

According to the complaint, she pointed a loaded shotgun at the man and struck him before employees were able to remove her from the building and lock her out.

Witnesses say they then noticed a Ford Focus on the lot was on fire. An employee used a fire extinguisher to put the fire out and noticed several burnt pages from a book inside the engine compartment of the vehicle.

Police say they found some of the burnt pages lying in the parking lot and the name of the book was “Wicca Book of Spells.”

Police noted that witnesses had told investigators that Malzi was believed to be practicing witchcraft and said she ignited the pages from the book before placing them on the driver-side front seat of the car through an open window.

Malzi is now being held in the Cambria County Prison.

Her bail was set at $25,000.

https://fox11online.com/news/nation-world/woman-used-wicca-book-of-spells-to-set-car-on-fire-police-say

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQz-Dlg6kezkDumIMawYMt

• wtf 1

Official Mugentech Minecraft server: Please see thread in Gamers

1 hour ago, chamfer said:

The Kabbalah is by no means a unified set of texts, neither are Hermetic texts. Like all religions beliefs, both are a loose collection of writings throughout the ages that often contradict each other.

Golden Dawn was not the first esoteric order to be formed in the Victorian age, but it was the most public and hence the most influential. There were other much smaller occult orders that were formed around the same time, but they were mostly secretive and  did little to help with the "magical revival"

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, chamfer said:

No, don't do your dirty spell work in a park... wtf... Rent a 2 hour hotel room or risk getting arrested for public nuisance in sg.

My personal view point has shifted over the years, from one which is similar to the youtuber, to one which focuses more on the reasons behind the backfire. My usual train of thoughts and actions now will be:

1) Examine my motivations behind the work

2) Examine if the situation warrant my response

3) What was a better response to the situation

Usually if I apply the better response to the situation, the issues I had before the work, along with the issues caused by the backfire, melts away.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Some personal notes:

1)  On how it's not possible to teach someone how do magic - 道可道 非常道。名可名 非常名。

2) Hereditary - ironically, the more naturally talented a person is in the field, the less likely he/she ends up as an occultist

3) Inducing near death - .... not smart, not recommended

4) Ingestion of "Substances" - .... as (3)

5) Ritual - Too many follow the motion, understand the meaning  behind the ritual and focus on that

6) Circumambulation - Thinking of how you magnetize an iron nail by  passing it across a magnet over and over

7) Some days are more powerful than others, but no one day is more powerful than repeated practice.

8) Magical objects - One's body and spirit are also an objects, they are the only objects you will have on at all times.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Don't totally agree on some points, and I find the techniques a little messy.

I do agree on most of the general concepts, though my perspective is from a western neo-occultist's angle. 

Might pick up the book when I have more time.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2019 at 3:04 AM, Huat Zai said:

It has taken me a very long time to start this thread, mainly because of years of bad experiences in revealing this aspect of my life to the public. The subject is very close to my heart as it is who I am, not something I show up once a week to take part in.

The Occult had thousand of years of misinformation, suppression, and prosecution, and perhaps rightfully so. Those in power will never want their subjects to hold truth and power for themselves.

I don't proclaim to know anything, in fact, I'm not sure if I know anything about the subject myself. I am only trying to share and learn from fellow occultists. For those in the know, I am a Chaote with Pagan believes, and write from that perspective.

With open hearts and open minds, may that which you hold divine, be with you always.

Hi master huat zai

Im master Row of 

静明宗 元医雷法

阴山法术

闾山 2 品武官

茅山仙原派

九龙派

老君教

九天, 真武 ,土地men

nice to meet u

36 minutes ago, Rainowar said:

Hi master huat zai

Im master Row of 

静明宗 元医雷法

阴山法术

闾山 2 品武官

茅山仙原派

九龙派

老君教

九天, 真武 ,土地men

nice to meet u

Lol bro, I remember you from xyz days, welcome to mugen

You were the one who recommended me to go learn wingchun from Raymond

2 hours ago, Huat Zai said:

Lol bro, I remember you from xyz days, welcome to mugen

You were the one who recommended me to go learn wingchun from Raymond

Ahh i remember its been 2 if not 3 years

I last posted anything cuz busy learning 

阴盘奇门 and all the other 道法

On 10/28/2022 at 1:57 AM, Huat Zai said:

Don't totally agree on some points, and I find the techniques a little messy.

I do agree on most of the general concepts, though my perspective is from a western neo-occultist's angle. 

Might pick up the book when I have more time.

Must 种丹喵

A Wiccan church in Coventry was denied a zoning permit. Then the ACLU got involved.

In what the the American Civil Liberties Union of Rhode Island calls "a victory for religious freedom," the Town of Coventry has granted a zoning permit to a small Wiccan church in the rural village of Greene.

"We were relieved. It was a long process that probably went on longer than it should have," said Gail McHugh, founder and high priestess of Horn and Cauldron, Church of the Earth.

McHugh says the permit is a win not just for her church, but also for religions like hers across the country.

"Minor religions are being squelched and discriminated against," she said Tuesday.

8bdacce3-b2bb-412b-9eaa-c9997cee4d12-03_

How the ACLU got involved with Coventry's Wiccan church

The Horn of the Cauldron, Church of the Earth has actually been holding services on the 13-acre Coventry farm since 2013, but permitting became an issue in 2020 when the town questioned the church on a different issue: its tax-exempt status, according to McHugh. Told that they needed a special permit, the church applied but was initially denied by the town's Zoning Board of Review. That's when the ACLU's local and national chapters got involved.

"The recent decision to grant the church’s application averts a planned ACLU lawsuit and reaffirms that all faiths are entitled to religious freedom," the ACLU said in a news release.

What to know about the Wiccan church

McHugh, a recently retired school psychologist, founded the church in 2009 in South Kingstown with her husband, Darrell Moore, a high priest. The church moved to its current location four years later for more space and privacy. With about 160 people ranging in age from 1 to 70-something in the congregation, the church usually holds 23 rituals or ceremonies a year, outside when the weather cooperates or inside a 24-by 24-foot, barnlike building.

"Nobody's ever complained about anything – no noise complaints," McHugh said. "We don't bother anybody. We're very quiet."

The ceremonies, sometimes held during the day, sometimes at night, are tied to solar and lunar events, such as solstices and full moons. Fifteen to 25 people usually attend. Wicca is a pagan religion, where followers believe in pre-Christian gods.

"It's a nature-based religion. We see our connection with the divine through the cycles of nature," McHugh said. "We believe in the old gods, pre-Christian gods, and see them as symbols of nature. It's a modern religion but based on pre-Christian practices."

McHugh, a witch, acknowledges that some have misconceptions about Wicca. "We're not doing anything evil," she said. "We're not sacrificing children or animals."

"We don't believe in the devil. We don't have an evil god," she said. "The devil is a Christian concept."

"We don't do any harmful magic," she said. "We really just work to heal. Our job is to heal and do good in the world."

Zoning conflict with Coventry

The review by the zoning board was a financial hardship for the church, "which doesn't make that much," and cost at least $4,500, McHugh said. She said the church met the board's requests for engineering plans, lighting, fire alarms and a fire inspection, but was still denied a permit in May.

That's when McHugh decided to contact the U.S. Department of Justice and the ACLU, which took the case.

Steven Brown, executive director of the ACLU of Rhode Island, said the church needed a special permit because, under Coventry’s zoning law, there is no district where a church is recognized as a permitted use.

fb37d145-43f1-4f22-b6f2-1fa0d0bcb890-02_

"Religious institutions are thus treated less favorably than, to give two examples, museums or the commercial raising of animals, which qualify as permitted uses in various zoning districts in the town," Brown said in an email.

While the case was before the board, the church was, at the request of its attorneys, allowed to hold its religious services and activities.

According to the ACLU, the Coventry Planning Department and Planning Commission recommended approving the permit, noting that the church met all requirements and that it "has been holding activities on the property many years and the Planning and Zoning Department has not received any complaints since the church’s founding."

The zoning board, however, claimed that the church's continued operation would cause parking problems and pose a fire hazard, the ACLU said. The ACLU contended that the board had no evidence to support the claims. McHugh said the property has more parking than it would ever need. The ACLU also noted that the church complies with fire-safety laws and requirements.

The ACLU said it informed the town that a refusal to grant the permit would violate the Church’s First Amendment rights, as well as its rights under the Religious Land Use and Institutionalized Persons Act. The federal law provides increased protections to houses of worship in zoning proceedings and ensures that governmental entities may not discriminate against any faith.

e51007f2-4435-4b40-83d5-6251d7e4651f-01_

The Zoning Board of Review ultimately approved the church’s application on Oct. 5. The decision became final after the conclusion of a 20-day appeal period.

“We’re pleased that the town ultimately did the right thing in this matter,” said Julia Chretien, cooperating attorney for the ACLU of Rhode Island. “However, our clients first submitted their application in December 2021. They should not have had to wait 10 months for a proper resolution. Zoning boards should be aware of their legal obligations when it comes to houses of worship and strive to comply with the law immediately.” 

Herbert A. Durfee, III, director for Coventry's Department of Planning & Development, said it was in the town's interest to work with the parties to find a solution.

"Though it took some time, the town believes the Zoning Board’s decision to overturn itself was the proper step and well-balanced several complex issues under the umbrella of the (Religious Land Use and Institutionalized Persons Act)," Durfee said. "All parties involved should be commended for their spirit of cooperation and their patience while the town worked through the process."

On Monday, the McHugh's church marked Samhain, a Celtic holiday, a "sacred time for us to commune with our deceased loved ones," McHugh said. Over the next few weeks, as the nights get longer, the church will be quiet, a time for rest, until Yule arrives with the winter solstice, marking the beginning of lengthening days. "It's a very celebratory time for us," McHugh said, "because we're celebrating the return of the sun."      

https://www.providencejournal.com/story/news/2022/11/02/wiccan-church-in-coventry-gets-zoning-permit-horn-and-cauldron-church-of-the-earth/69608928007/

• Like 1