[NSFW] The Singapore Occultists Thread

Huat Zai

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2020 at 12:05 AM, chamfer said:

I got curious and started reading this book. 38% through according to kindle. Some of it is cheesy but there are many ideas that make sense to me. The most important to me so far is that I get annoyed or disgusted by another person's behaviour because I am projecting my shadow. I do that because I am afraid I will become that or I did something similar and I am actively rejecting it now.

51IqSJT3gVL.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, chamfer said:

I'm curious to know if it's possible to have one or many mentor/teacher who follows a different paths as me. 

it is ok.

we learn from one another. more interaction with different sources of information is definitely helpful.

and different teachers help us to learn from different POV.

the earlier teachers might not be always right

but, learning from earlier teacher also helps us spot mistakes of later teachers.

at the end of the day, the training is still a personal path. teachers/ mentors are only "advisors" helping us along the way.

• Like 2

As humans, our bio limits prevent us from understanding anything even remotely the like Truth, leaving us holding only tiny factions which we believe represents the Truth. Everyone is wrong, everyone is partially right, learn from everyone.

• Like 2

Official Mugentech Minecraft server: Please see thread in Gamers

A group of blind men heard that a strange animal, called an elephant, had been brought to the town, but none of them were aware of its shape and form. Out of curiosity, they said: "We must inspect and know it by touch, of which we are capable". So, they sought it out, and when they found it they groped about it. The first person, whose hand landed on the trunk, said, "This being is like a thick snake". For another one whose hand reached its ear, it seemed like a kind of fan. As for another person, whose hand was upon its leg, said, the elephant is a pillar like a tree-trunk. The blind man who placed his hand upon its side said the elephant, "is a wall". Another who felt its tail, described it as a rope. The last felt its tusk, stating the elephant is that which is hard, smooth and like a spear.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_men_and_an_elephant

Blind men and an elephant

The parable of the Blind Men and an Elephant originated in the ancient Indian subcontinent, from where it has been widely diffused. It is a story of a group of blind men who have never come across an elephant before and who learn and conceptualize what the elephant is like by touching it. Each blind man feels a different part of the elephant's body, but only one part, such as the side or the tusk. They then describe the elephant based on their limited experience and their descriptions of the elephant are different from each other. In some versions, they come to suspect that the other person is dishonest and they come to blows. The moral of the parable is that humans have a tendency to claim absolute truth based on their limited, subjective experience as they ignore other people's limited, subjective experiences which may be equally true.

The Buddhist text Udana 6.4,[3] contains one of the earliest versions of the story. It is dated to around c. 500 BCE, during the lifetime of The Buddha, although the parable is likely older than the Buddhist text.[

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

As i'm just a novice on this path and tends to have difficulties in managing all the new knowledge,looking for a teacher/mentor is always on my mind. Hope the video can help newbies.

It's nice that you can find content like this nowadays, things were very different when I started

• 2 weeks later...

I did not know that i need to ground and centre myself for tarot reading....

You don't need to, but it will definitely. If pressed, you can just offer a short prayer/spell/mantra to the main god/dess you're working with and start there.

11 hours ago, Huat Zai said:

You don't need to, but it will definitely. If pressed, you can just offer a short prayer/spell/mantra to the main god/dess you're working with and start there.

I just call the name which i given to the deck before i ask question or daily reading for the day. But i will start to feel tired after a few days of daily reading and need to go for nature walk or under the sun to recharge like that.