[NSFW] The Singapore Occultists Thread

Huat Zai

2 minutes ago, Huat Zai said:

Witchcraft is still widely practised in Indo, won't be surprise if she knows a trick or 2

Agree. I don't put my trust in my current or previous indo maids. I had seen by accident my first indo maid who is like chanting something while scooping uncooked rice into the rice cooker pot...

• wtf 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If I would give you my clear skies
If I would give you all golden fields of grain
Strong legs and tireless hearts
An ocean as still as a lake
Would you still worship and pray?

And not forget my name

U…
U...Maaaa...iiiiaaaaa...
U...Maaaa...iiiiaaaaa.,,
U...Maaaa...iiiiaaaaa...

U...maaa...ia
U...maaa...ia

Instead I'll give you my storm
I'll give you my hail
I will tear out trees
Sweep up the seas
Destroy all the fields
And you'll reach for the sky
But in this mud you'll die
And you will pray
And lightning illuminates your faith
When lightning… uh lightning

If you sweet child
Never screamed to get your way
I will forget you… lying there
And sleep for a million days
And I hear your prayers

U...Maaaa...iiii

Instead I'll give you my storm
I'll give you my hail
I will tear out trees
Sweep up the seas
Destroy all the fields
And you'll reach for the sky
But in this mud you'll die
And you will pray
When lightning illuminates your faith
You will pray
You will pray
You will pray

U...Maaaa...iiiiaaaaa...

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigation Jump to search

This article is about the goddess. For the legendary bird, see Huma bird. For the Tibetan script, see Umê script. For the villages in Iran, see Umay, Iran.
220px-%D0%A5%D1%83%D1%80%D1%82%D1%83%D1%

The ritual feeding of an Umay idol in Khakassia, Russia
Umay
Abode Sky
Personal information
Parents Kayra and Yer Tanrı
Siblings Erlik
Ülgen
Koyash
Ay Tanrı

Umay (also known as Umai; Old Turkic: ???‎; Kazakh: Ұмай ана, Umay ana; Russian: Ума́й / Ымай, Umáj / Ymaj, Turkish: Umay (Ana)) is the goddess of fertility[1] in Turkic mythology and Tengriism and as such related to women, mothers and children. Umay resembles earth-mother goddesses found in various other world religions.

Etymology

In Mongolian, Umai means 'womb' or 'uterus'. The earth was considered a "mother" symbolically. The Turkic root umāy originally meant 'placenta, afterbirth', and this word was used as the name for the goddess whose function was to look after women and children, possibly because the placenta was thought to have magic qualities.[2] Literally in the Mongolian language, "eje" or "eej" means "mother," and in Old Turkic, the word eçe also means 'mother'.[clarification needed]

Goddess of Children

The name appeared in the 8th-century inscription of Kul Tigin in the phrase Umay teg ögüm katun kutıŋa 'under the auspices of my mother who is like the goddess Umay'.

Umay is a protector of women and children. The oldest evidence is seen in the Orkhon script monuments. From these it is understood that Umay was accepted as a mother and a guide. Also, khagans were thought to represent Kök Tengri. Khagan wives, katuns or hatuns, were considered Umays, too. With the help of 'Umay, katuns had babies, and these babies were the guarantee of the empire. According to Divanü Lügat’it-Türk, when women worship Umay, they have male babies. Turkic women tie strings attached with small cradles to will a baby from Umay. This belief can be seen with the Tungusic peoples in Southern Siberia and the Altay people. Umay is always depicted together with a child. There are only rare exceptions to this. It is believed that when Umay leaves a child for a long time, the child gets ill and shamans are involved to call Umay back. The smiling of a sleeping baby shows Umay is near it and crying means that Umay has left.

In the view of the Kyrgyz people, Umay not only protects children, but also Turkic communities around the world. At the same time Umay helps people to obtain more food and goods and gives them luck.

As Umay is associated with the sun, she is called Sarı Kız 'Yellow Maiden', and yellow is her colour and symbol. She is depicted as having sixty golden tresses that look like the rays of the sun. She is thought to have once been identical with Ot Ene of the Mongols and Altay. Umay and Ece are also used as female given names in the Republic of Turkey.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umay

• Like 1

Official Mugentech Minecraft server: Please see thread in Gamers

• 2 weeks later...

Shanti is a Sanskrit word that means peace

Om Shanti Shanti Shanti can be added to the end of a mantra chanting to help ensure that the change you seek from the mantras manifest peacefully

Om Shanti Om can be chanted repeatedly to help bring peace and calm to you when you most need it

And no, I don't think listening to kawaii metal will help to calm you down..

Edited by Huat Zai

Couple Got Married In First Traditional Viking Wedding For Almost 1000 Years

We all have our own dream wedding from becoming a Princess to anime theme. But a certain couple from Norwegia has decided to take their wedding up to the next level by reviving the Viking way of doing things. Yes, the first traditional Viking wedding of almost 1,000 years was recently held next to a beautiful Norwegian lake.

Elisabeth and Rune Dalseth opted to ditch their conventional Christian upbringing in favour of ceremony inspired by weddings that took place 1,000 years ago.

Congratulations to Elisabeth Dalseth and Rune Dalseth for tying the knot on 25th of August!

6_308295671815670835215693312870d4673cbdbff8f1142f6f766ae395d8e.jpg

In order to hold the dream wedding of theirs, the couple had to plan a lot of things from preparing two longboats, finding a pagan priest to preparing blood offerings.

Yes, they spilled the blood of an innocent pig, but no worries! Pig is enjoyed as part of the feast later. And the wedding went to quite a peaceful atmosphere.

So how did meet and became a pagan themselves?

27-year-old Elisabeth Dalseth was a beautician.

6_58489127995882496001569331287a2f8656b2c1a4a0c5514f7611ab60fc2.jpg

She met Rune back in May 2016 before she becomes a full-time stay-at-home mother to her 6-month-old son. She wasn't even a Viking enthusiast, to begin with!

They met at a bar, fell in love and Rune introduced to her a whole new world. She slowly but surely began to fell in love with the Viking world and embraced the culture. Rune was already part of the revivalist for 2 years.

There are 6,000 other revivalists interested to bring back the culture and traditions of Vikings. This wedding did not only became a special day for them - it marks a historic day of the first time a traditional Viking wedding was held in more than 9 centuries.

6_734416318170515353615693312877c9e94fb5afdda1e577f3f6dc5e2d71c.jpg

They even have a gothi who acts as their priest to bless their marriage.

6_32308963401312773121569331287cf2708ecc5a3fe476459b19a85ffb837.jpg

Finding a gothi is not easy! That's because acting as a pagan priest requires dedication and remembering a set of ritual to be performed including holding dried roses and a real sword.

"We had two longboats built. They were made by a local shipbuilder. The traditional dress is not easy to find, so another friend helped us with that. Finally, a man who we had met at a festival one year ago, agreed to be the gothi - the equivalent of a priest - for the ceremony."

During a Viking Festival, Rune proposed to her and they both announced their dream wedding: Viking style!

6_7126133847756219392156933128702c448c9f6b37a803e7449635a823ec2.jpg

Along with everything else, a pig was sacrificed during the ceremony as well.

6_59224261921585280015693312878a2305277f9d4226e336acd680367bc6.jpg

The two of them weren't raised a pagan. They were born and taught as Christians, actually. Rune's mother had her doubts when her son has decided that he's getting married in a non-Christian way. But she has since changed her mind.

"I think she has now come to accept it. She can see how happy paganism makes me and how it has helped me get my life together. Before I was a Viking, I didn't have a wife, a baby and a house - now look at me."

The couple had 130 guests who enjoyed a party that lacked Spotify playlists, but enjoyed the old Norse songs.

6_58020718858122618881569331287d0cfce06d5a71eecec1631baf918fda2.jpg

Elisabeth recalled the dance that day, “We had no Spotify. Instead, we danced to live music that our ancestors danced to over a millennium ago.”

Not everyone was enthusiastic about the party. Some were even skeptical, but as it goes on, more and more began to enjoy the vibe.

As dawn breaks, Rune arrives in a longboat with his 10 closest friends, beginning the procession of the wedding.

6_541889276296046796815693312872b95ac8f32bb14d47eef4bf5c32d4af7.jpg

Hunting horns were blown to signify it's time for the people to assemble and witness the holy matrimony.

6_193945021272441548815693312873ed6d35513f7e93d5febea4dfc435346.jpg

The gothi, while holding a branch of dried rose in one hand, chants blessings to officiate the wedding.

6_2806269585474198528156933128778688503b4a6d20d13787d6bc0a71c6f.jpg

He will use the blood sacrifice on his face and proceeds to hand a sword that both the man and woman must hold to signify harmonization and unification.

6_60893959443457515521569331288b00be84530e6b0e689915c06b8f9a239.jpg

Then comes the Brullaup, which is a race between two families who were unified through the wedding! Basically, the fun game time!

6_49504972954034094081569331288c7f1790f30489b56d5edabce981068c3.jpg

Elisabeth loving her woolen cloak which is not a princess dress, but more of a Queen.

6_1570481996221346560156933128888f0bd3965d5b1cd2d445d2fbda8df4f.jpg

The purpose of Viking revivalists were to prevent more people from stigmatizing this fascinating culture with rape, violence, and war.

“Vikings were no more terrible than any other group of people living at that time. What people don’t mention is that Vikings were people who had a great appreciation for nature, for the land, and for animal life. We want people to be more aware of that," says Rune.

And to the guests who did not look so amused in the beginning?

“By the end, they could all feel the energy and the love that we generated," says Elisabeth.

The family was blessed with a son and they adopted a puppy as well.

6_403396970191978086415693312883e44855a5c1052b975435447c029c060.jpg

They are now a small, happy (partly Viking?) family! They named their son, Ragnar.

6_16151547796665507841569331288f50d549fc719e1425c680db88a591036.jpg

Here's a short clip of the gothi chanting his blessings!

https://www.brighthumanity.me/videos/6_4674140808039109632156933130091b96f502976077be35e56080dae74b5.mp4

https://www.brighthumanity.me/story/2152/couple-got-married-in-first-traditional-viking-wedding-for-almost-1000-years/

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I saw on internet that it's bad luck or no good to buy the first tarot cards set for ownself.

I already viewed online what type of tarot cards and planning to go bookstores to check whether can see the physical cards.

Does the tarot cards need to be cleanse before opening or before a reading?

Maybe different schools of thoughts have different views....

Edited by chamfer

13 minutes ago, chamfer said:

I saw on internet that it's bad luck or no good to buy the first tarot cards set for ownself.

I already viewed online what type of tarot cards and planning to go bookstores to check whether can see the physical cards.

Does the tarot cards need to be cleanse before opening or before a reading?

Maybe different schools of thoughts have different views....

I bought my own first deck of tarot cards, they are still one of my most accurate deck. You don't have to cleanse them before you use them, but some people (like me) are a little uncomfy about it. I still cleanse my after a number of reads or if I leave them aside for too long. It's more like washing hands after you shook hands across the room.

Or are you hinting about what you want to your secret Santa...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Huat Zai said:

Or are you hinting about what you want to your secret Santa...

How can a pupil ask teacher for gift. It should be the pupil giving the teacher a gift for the guidance given.... :p

What i feel is that i still need to see the physical tarot cards to see if there is any connection between the cards and me.

I will be getting a set of rider waite tarot set (hoping to find the miniature ones) beside another deck (which is related to my pet) which i will be using for reading.

2 hours ago, chamfer said:

What i feel is that i still need to see the physical tarot cards to see if there is any connection between the cards and me.

I will be getting a set of rider waite tarot set (hoping to find the miniature ones) beside another deck (which is related to my pet) which i will be using for reading.

My deck all "talk" to me, don't work with any that don't.

2 hours ago, metalrover said:

What can these cards do? Seen in movies ish use to predict things. Got truth in this?

All forms of divination are estimations of the future, based on current situations. Tarot cards are no exceptions.

48 minutes ago, Huat Zai said:

What if buy liao and find out they 'don't talk' to me then how????

Throw or give them away? Or is there a 'adjustment period' for the deck and me?

I only feel the connection when i adopt my cats or buying fishes and birds...

2 minutes ago, chamfer said:

Usually when you pick up the decks that talk to you, you will feel a connection to them.  If the tools don't work for you, throw or give away is about the same. Of course if you can con.. *cough* introduce someone else to the art by giving him or her something, that will be nice.

So far I have never had any decks that I've "adjusted" too, YMMV

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chamfer said:

If want throw away, can give me...:sweat:

58 minutes ago, Huat Zai said:

All forms of divination are estimations of the future, based on current situations. Tarot cards are no exceptions.

Buy the cards got come with instruction manual how to play?

3 minutes ago, metalrover said:

The better decks usually come with a small booklet with basic instructions. There are also sets which come with a full book with details instructions.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, metalrover said:

If the deck 'don't talk' to me i sure will pass it to you. 

The one which i'm planning to buy does comes with a guidebook

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, chamfer said:

I see that there are no fixed number of cards in the set. Some is 78 cards, some less/more than 78 cards.

Does it affect the reading?

There are two decks which all other modern decks are based on, the Rider and the Thoth. The number of cards don't really affect the reading, in fact, my personal style is to use only part of the deck to read

7 minutes ago, chamfer said:

https://opentrolley.com.sg/book/9780913866597/tarot-deck-miniture-rider

Hope can find this version at the bookshop.

Does seeing the cards image counts as connection? Coz some decks image i see like not 顺眼

Know that feeling of walking pass a random stranger, and suddenly feel that you know that person? That, just a lot more subtle.

Edited by Huat Zai